What Actions Will The Next GOP President Take?

If you want to see hypocrisy in action look at the Dems demanding the GOP restore the Senate filibuster.

Since the Democrats aren't doing that, that would appear to be more an example of dishonesty in action on your part.

Kosh said:
I guess this one was asleep in 2000 - 2009

Since the Democrats never declared Bush should be impeached over his much more numerous Executive Orders, that would also appear to be dishonesty in action.

It's the consistency thing. Liberals have it. Conservatives don't, and can't understand people who are consistent, so they lash out at them. Conservative moral relativists hate liberals for their moral absolutism.

We hate them for their moral absolutism? Seems to me that after Obama was elected, the war protesters suddenly quieted down.

I wonder why that was?

Mark

There will never be another rep in the WH ever again

unless the shit actually hits the fan and we water the tree

Just look at the last elections; Little effort went into keeping any Congress seat either time, but it will be an all out blitz for the WH.

last Pres election was not about one damn important issue, but the press forced useless issues to the front and they will do so again and again until the country is nothing but the name.

next Pres will be a female dem, and the next will be a minority dem, then another woman, then a female minority and so on, forever

I gotta agree that the last elections have not been about one damn important issue. It wasn't the press that determined what was discussed though. It was the right wing. Republicans had many candidates, but every one of them ran against Obama. There was even one woman running for the local school board claiming that if elected she would eliminate healthcare. The right has nothing but a big old "I hate Obama" sign, and if they continue with nothing more than that they will just fade away into the fog.

And how did the left act while Bush was president? It was a constant drone of "Bush hate".

Mark

The first action the next Republican President should take is to push Congress to pass a law that severely limits the use of executive orders. (I know, that's a fantasy!)

Obama is setting a bad precedent that places our Republic in great danger. Democrats seem to believe they'll hold the White House forever.......they won't.

The first action the next Republican President should take is to push Congress to pass a law that severely limits the use of executive orders. (I know, that's a fantasy!)

Obama is setting a bad precedent that places our Republic in great danger. Democrats seem to believe they'll hold the White House forever.......they won't.
They believed they woud hold the Senate forever too.

There will never be another rep in the WH ever again

unless the shit actually hits the fan and we water the tree

Just look at the last elections; Little effort went into keeping any Congress seat either time, but it will be an all out blitz for the WH.

last Pres election was not about one damn important issue, but the press forced useless issues to the front and they will do so again and again until the country is nothing but the name.

next Pres will be a female dem, and the next will be a minority dem, then another woman, then a female minority and so on, forever

I gotta agree that the last elections have not been about one damn important issue. It wasn't the press that determined what was discussed though. It was the right wing. Republicans had many candidates, but every one of them ran against Obama. There was even one woman running for the local school board claiming that if elected she would eliminate healthcare. The right has nothing but a big old "I hate Obama" sign, and if they continue with nothing more than that they will just fade away into the fog.

And how did the left act while Bush was president? It was a constant drone of "Bush hate".

Mark

With shrub, it was more of a hate/ disgust with his intentional ignorance thing, but there were actual issues discussed in elections. The GOP's main and focused direction has been "oppose Obama at any cost and to the detriment of everybody and everything else." They are the only ones who have ever, or probably ever will, focus all their energy on one person.

Any others?

How about working with Congress to actually produce a budget?
Then maybe take the lead in encouraging Congress to add a Balanced Budget amendment to the Constitution.

Maybe requiring a balanced budget at least every two years ... And failure to complete and pass a balanced budget would suspend Congressional payroll, services and pensions until the appropriate budget is passed.

I can absolutely guarantee you one thing about the next Republican President: He will not be measured by the same yardsticks the right wing partisan hacks have been using to measure Obama.

There will be a pandemic of amnesia on January 20th of the year the Republican President takes office.

And the far left irony impaired posts still roll out!

I guess this one was asleep in 2000 - 2009..
As I have said here many times, the faux right wing hacks were in a coma until January 20, 2009. Then they woke up and started attacking Obama for doing the exact same things Bush had been doing for the past eight years.

Like I said, amnesia. Using different measuring sticks, depending on what party's letter the person being measured has after their name. The rubes get very upset when you grab their measuring stick and apply it retroactively to Bush, and they will get upset when their measuring stick is used on any future Republican President, too.

I can absolutely guarantee you one thing about the next Republican President: He will not be measured by the same yardsticks the right wing partisan hacks have been using to measure Obama.

There will be a pandemic of amnesia on January 20th of the year the Republican President takes office.

As I have said here many times, the faux right wing hacks were in a coma until January 20, 2009. Then they woke up and started attacking Obama for doing the exact same things Bush had been doing for the past eight years.

Like I said, amnesia. Using different measuring sticks, depending on what party's letter the person being measured has after their name. The rubes get very upset when you grab their measuring stick and apply it retroactively to Bush, and they will get upset when their measuring stick is used on any future Republican President, too.
Bush passed legislation that took over the health care system?
Bush refused to enforce laws on the books?
Bush never met with members of the opposition?
Dream on.

g5000
Please provide some specific examples of Bush doing "the exact same things".

I'll wait......

Last edited:

There was already an epic pandemic of amnesia when O took office. You don't remember that though.

That is the mantra of the brain dead: OBama can't be that bad because he is just doing the same things Bush did.
It takes a will full act of stupidity to believe that nonsense.

Let's start with his Medicare expansion, which, by your definition, would qualify as a massive government takeover of healthcare. Rabbit here even puts it on his list of reasons to impeach Obama. So why weren't you demanding Bush be impeached over the same thing?

Go on. We'll wait. Once you address that, we move on to further examples of your suspiciously convenient partisan amnesia.

Let's start with his Medicare expansion, which, by your definition, would qualify as a massive government takeover of healthcare. Rabbit here even puts it on his list of reasons to impeach Obama. So why weren't you demanding Bush be impeached over the same thing?

Go on. We'll wait. Once you address that, we move on to further examples of your suspiciously convenient partisan amnesia.
Bush expanded Medicare to cover prescription drugs, something Dems agitated for. He didnt do it unilaterally but had legislation passed on bipartisan votes in both houses. It only affected Medicare recipients, not the average American.
So that point looks to be a failure.
Next?

Now we have precedent that any time a law is unworkable or underfunded (ever seen one that wasnt?) the president can take unilateral action to "fix" it.
So what will the next GOP president do?
How about:
No more enforcement of the Clean Air Act, which merely burdens companies with expensive useless regulations.
No enforcement of cap gains taxes for gains over 10 years.
No enforcement of Obamacare. Ever. Anywhere.
No enforcement of min wage laws
No enforcement of Dodd Frank or Sarbanes Oxley.

Any others?

So you conservatives condemn what Obama is doing as evil, but you will happily vote for Republican who would do the same thing?

Classic hypocrisy.

Now we have precedent that any time a law is unworkable or underfunded (ever seen one that wasnt?) the president can take unilateral action to "fix" it.
How about:
No more enforcement of the Clean Air Act, which merely burdens companies with expensive useless regulations.

Any others?

Who will that be, this Republican POTUS? Rand Paul? Chris Christie? Another Bush? Seems like you idiots don't have a real candidate yet, but you know you'll win. Magical thinking.

Bush expanded Medicare to cover prescription drugs, something Dems agitated for. He didnt do it unilaterally but had legislation passed on bipartisan votes in both houses. It only affected Medicare recipients, not the average American.
So that point looks to be a failure.
Next?

You lie. The bill passed the House 216 to 215. Democrats voted against it 195 to 7.

Any president can void an executive order. The first thing the next president should do is declare the deferment over and deportations will start immediately.

How about:

Any others?

So you conservatives condemn what Obama is doing as evil, but you will happily vote for Republican who would do the same thing?

Classic hypocrisy.

You betcha'.

B19PTBBIYAAWilG.jpg:large

Forum List

Back