What Actions Will The Next GOP President Take?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Now we have precedent that any time a law is unworkable or underfunded (ever seen one that wasnt?) the president can take unilateral action to "fix" it.
So what will the next GOP president do?
How about:
No more enforcement of the Clean Air Act, which merely burdens companies with expensive useless regulations.
No enforcement of cap gains taxes for gains over 10 years.
No enforcement of Obamacare. Ever. Anywhere.
No enforcement of min wage laws
No enforcement of Dodd Frank or Sarbanes Oxley.

Any others?

Awwww He's just getting warmed up....
This is probably only the beginning....

Just go back over time and look at some speeches.
Whichever ones he said the same thing over and over again
he will change his mind on.All for the greater good and future Democrat votes.

Predicting what happens after 2024 is kind of iffy.

In a way, it would be funny to see Republican president, just to watch all the conservatives here instantly flipflop on every single issue. They'd be autokissing that president's ass for doing exactly the same things they condemn Obama for. I hope none of them embarrass themselves by denying that.

I can absolutely guarantee you one thing about the next Republican President: He will not be measured by the same yardsticks the right wing partisan hacks have been using to measure Obama.

There will be a pandemic of amnesia on January 20th of the year the Republican President takes office.

I can absolutely guarantee you one thing about the next Republican President: He will not be measured by the same yardsticks the right wing partisan hacks have been using to measure Obama.

There will be a pandemic of amnesia on January 20th of the year the Republican President takes office.

Well we're glad to hear what your crystal ball is telling you :rolleyes-41:

Your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

Last potus election republican candidates were crucified by both parties. Republicans made their opinions known by not voting.
Many of us have bitched to no end about Bush's spending among other issues.
Pretending to be unbiased does not make you unbiased. Ass

And the far left irony impaired posts still roll out!

I guess this one was asleep in 2000 - 2009..

Predicting what happens after 2024 is kind of iffy.

In a way, it would be funny to see Republican president, just to watch all the conservatives here instantly flipflop on every single issue. They'd be autokissing that president's ass for doing exactly the same things they condemn Obama for. I hope none of them embarrass themselves by denying that.
Obama has no precedent.
If Dems continue to support him they support the precedent he has just set.

If you want to see hypocrisy in action look at the Dems demanding the GOP restore the Senate filibuster.

There will never be another rep in the WH ever again

unless the shit actually hits the fan and we water the tree

Just look at the last elections; Little effort went into keeping any Congress seat either time, but it will be an all out blitz for the WH.

last Pres election was not about one damn important issue, but the press forced useless issues to the front and they will do so again and again until the country is nothing but the name.

next Pres will be a female dem, and the next will be a minority dem, then another woman, then a female minority and so on, forever

5000 is not a leftist

wouldn't worry about the next GOP POTUS, it's going to be a long time...

5000 is not a leftist

certainly not .. Kosh is a proven idiot though

5000 is not a leftist
Maybe, maybe not. He is most certainly a pompous prick.

Now we have precedent that any time a law is unworkable or underfunded (ever seen one that wasnt?) the president can take unilateral action to "fix" it.
So what will the next GOP president do?
How about:
No more enforcement of the Clean Air Act, which merely burdens companies with expensive useless regulations.
No enforcement of cap gains taxes for gains over 10 years.
No enforcement of Obamacare. Ever. Anywhere.
No enforcement of min wage laws
No enforcement of Dodd Frank or Sarbanes Oxley.

Any others?

With the way the GOP is behaving, and the huge demographics changes coming, I'm not sure there will ever be another GOP president. It doesn't hurt for you to dream though.

wouldn't worry about the next GOP POTUS, it's going to be a long time...

It is sad that people don't learn from history. Generations have been saying the same thing about their current politics, how now, suddenly, this time its different.

If the party in power is perceived to be unacceptable, that puts a terrific burden on the next candidate from that party.

Mark

If you want to see hypocrisy in action look at the Dems demanding the GOP restore the Senate filibuster.

Since the Democrats aren't doing that, that would appear to be more an example of dishonesty in action on your part.

Kosh said:
I guess this one was asleep in 2000 - 2009

Since the Democrats never declared Bush should be impeached over his much more numerous Executive Orders, that would also appear to be dishonesty in action.

It's the consistency thing. Liberals have it. Conservatives don't, and can't understand people who are consistent, so they lash out at them. Conservative moral relativists hate liberals for their moral absolutism.

working as a legislative body, the right can't get crap done ... the Tea Party sees to that ... the only thing that brings them together is trashing Obama.

There will never be another rep in the WH ever again

unless the shit actually hits the fan and we water the tree

Just look at the last elections; Little effort went into keeping any Congress seat either time, but it will be an all out blitz for the WH.

last Pres election was not about one damn important issue, but the press forced useless issues to the front and they will do so again and again until the country is nothing but the name.

next Pres will be a female dem, and the next will be a minority dem, then another woman, then a female minority and so on, forever

I gotta agree that the last elections have not been about one damn important issue. It wasn't the press that determined what was discussed though. It was the right wing. Republicans had many candidates, but every one of them ran against Obama. There was even one woman running for the local school board claiming that if elected she would eliminate healthcare. The right has nothing but a big old "I hate Obama" sign, and if they continue with nothing more than that they will just fade away into the fog.

Forum List

Back