What a week I've had...all I asked for is that the school stop messing with my kid

Public school teacher here. Sounds like things might be a hot mess and you are right to assert yourself and I would have as well. Huge fail in parent communication all the way around. IMO for what it's worth every step you took was right.

The only thing I can say in defense of the school is that, as shoddy as it is, most districts are trying to do SOMEthing to correct rampant behavior issues. Not so much behavior issues--please realize that a huge percentage of our students do not come from homes like yours, and do not have the skills your son has. I have never seen anything like what we're seeing now. Students can simply not self-regulate, for all kinds of reasons. Anxiety, depression, even suicide are on the rise. Meltdowns, mental illness rampant. Schools are scrambling to be proxy "parents" to so many. That does not mean we should give surveys to kids and violate their privacy (I was given one in high school and refused to fill it out fwiw). But usually, those "free periods" you mention are more a chance to connect with teachers and talk than "indoctrination". Thank God your son doesn't need it. So many kids do.

Again I'm not defending what went on here because IMO they are not going about this the right way. Separating the boys and girls to talk about issues is FAR afield of their business, just for starters. But I know at least why they're trying to do something, as failed as their attempts are. (I knocked heads when our district's answer was "mindfulness"--but that's another story.)

Public school teacher here. Sounds like things might be a hot mess and you are right to assert yourself and I would have as well. Huge fail in parent communication all the way around. IMO for what it's worth every step you took was right.

The only thing I can say in defense of the school is that, as shoddy as it is, most districts are trying to do SOMEthing to correct rampant behavior issues. Not so much behavior issues--please realize that a huge percentage of our students do not come from homes like yours, and do not have the skills your son has. I have never seen anything like what we're seeing now. Students can simply not self-regulate, for all kinds of reasons. Anxiety, depression, even suicide are on the rise. Meltdowns, mental illness rampant. Schools are scrambling to be proxy "parents" to so many. That does not mean we should give surveys to kids and violate their privacy (I was given one in high school and refused to fill it out fwiw). But usually, those "free periods" you mention are more a chance to connect with teachers and talk than "indoctrination". Thank God your son doesn't need it. So many kids do.

Again I'm not defending what went on here because IMO they are not going about this the right way. Separating the boys and girls to talk about issues is FAR afield of their business, just for starters. But I know at least why they're trying to do something, as failed as their attempts are. (I knocked heads when our district's answer was "mindfulness"--but that's another story.)
The schools' proxy parenting is the problem..not the cure.

If this was a one time thing..but it isn't. It's a system failure. One of the attorneys I spoke to said that her son had faced the same issues, at the same school, years ago She was working in DC when they started with the same shit with him..she flew back and dealt with it. I know of another boy (well, there is more than one) who left the school because he was being targeted by the idiot principal and cops. They suspended him for something stupid, I can't remember, it was ridiculous, then said he could come back but would have to be subjected to searches every single day.

He came to school one day and the principal (a female) pulled him into her own office to search him.

This is a pattern of behavior between the schools and the police and child welfare as well.. They know they aren't supposed to do this shit, they have had to address it before...but every time it's all new again, and they step up with all the same excuses and lies that they always use.

I thought it was pretty funny that the cop asked me to tell him how my son's civil rights were violated. What a piece of shit.

If this was a one time thing..but it isn't. It's a system failure. One of the attorneys I spoke to said that her son had faced the same issues, at the same school, years ago She was working in DC when they started with the same shit with him..she flew back and dealt with it. I know of another boy (well, there is more than one) who left the school because he was being targeted by the idiot principal and cops. They suspended him for something stupid, I can't remember, it was ridiculous, then said he could come back but would have to be subjected to searches every single day.

He came to school one day and the principal (a female) pulled him into her own office to search him.

This is a pattern of behavior between the schools and the police and child welfare as well.. They know they aren't supposed to do this shit, they have had to address it before...but every time it's all new again, and they step up with all the same excuses and lies that they always use.

I thought it was pretty funny that the cop asked me to tell him how my son's civil rights were violated. What a piece of shit.

If kids are having rampant behavior problems, it's not wrong for a school to incorporate something like "Love and Logic" or "Leader in Me" to try to address some of those problems. You might call those "proactive rules"...life lessons. Leader in Me: work first then play; put first things first; think win-win, etc. Good sense rules. Etc. So rather than nail kids for everything they do wrong, let's set up some good life skills first. Or "Love and Logic". If you make a total mess of your desk and can't find the assignment you need to turn in, you have to stay in for recess to find it and neaten your desk. Etc. When schools enact these programs Step One is communicating with parents and getting them involved. Usually parents have no problems with it because, again, they're just good skills for life, and parents can usually see schools are trying to set rules AND set kids up for some kind of success too.

What seems to be happening in your son's school is that there has been a culture of Rules and then Nail For Breaking the Rules. That puts kids and staff at odds with each other. That's why you have tons of cops interrogating kids.

i went thru the same thing.....to stop it....i had to go to the board of education and toss around the fact that the school is guardian ad litum (however it is spelled) they are responsible for said child as long as he is in school..the sro what a fucking job was simply trying to get kids to narc and threatened my son with a drug test...stop the emails and go to a board of education meeting..i went straight to the superintendent of school.....why did they have 3 sro officers...where they all sro's or did he call in buddies...there are a lot of questions there...by the time i finished and this sro person was not allowed to even speak to my son...it took me a couple of months to prove my case but i took the time to do it...

If kids are having rampant behavior problems, it's not wrong for a school to incorporate something like "Love and Logic" or "Leader in Me" to try to address some of those problems. You might call those "proactive rules"...life lessons. Leader in Me: work first then play; put first things first; think win-win, etc. Good sense rules. Etc. So rather than nail kids for everything they do wrong, let's set up some good life skills first. Or "Love and Logic". If you make a total mess of your desk and can't find the assignment you need to turn in, you have to stay in for recess to find it and neaten your desk. Etc. When schools enact these programs Step One is communicating with parents and getting them involved. Usually parents have no problems with it because, again, they're just good skills for life, and parents can usually see schools are trying to set rules AND set kids up for some kind of success too.

What seems to be happening in your son's school is that there has been a culture of Rules and then Nail For Breaking the Rules. That puts kids and staff at odds with each other. That's why you have tons of cops interrogating kids.
No, that's not it.
The kids aren't breaking the rules. They are being manipulated and brainwashed because they are rude. They are rude because of the behavior that has been encouraged and taught by the school.

It is a very small school in a small and close knit community.
There are problems with the kids because what they are being taught at school flies directly in the teeth of what most of them are taught at home.

The cops are interrogating the kids because they're fucking bored and lazy, and they kind of feed off each other and the teachers to the point where they are bringing in kids for bullshit specifically to see if they can get a kid to cough up something that will make an exciting case for these fucking pieces of shit. They have no concept of civil rights, they have no concept of right and wrong. They're just fucking losers who have nothing better to do than make a huge deal out of nonsense that transpires between children at the park.

If they're that fucking concerned, they should go hang out at the park. I know, the kids know, and they know that if they would go hang out at the park for an hour on a Saturday, they would see more than enough adults engaging in questionable behavior to keep them busy for a long time.

But no, instead they go to the school and just round up the usual suspects and rattle their cages.

They have no good intentions. They want everybody to think they do...but that school cop is lying. He didn't think anybody was in danger. There was enough time to call in outside cops (there were two besides him, he doesn't mention that). The interrogations took place days after the actual fight. I am literally across the street. There was no safety risk. They heard there was a fight and that my kid broke it up, and they wanted to see if they could nail him for something.

There are no rampant behavior problems. The school goes LOOKING for *behavior* problems with these bullshit surveys. They aren't addressing behaviors as they see them. They are addressing the behaviors they imagine the surveys tell them exist. It's complete crap.

We don't have gangs in our school. We don't have drugs to amount to anything. The fights that happen are just simple scuffles between bullies and their victims, nothing special nothing out of the ordinary for a school.

What they do to these kids is harmful, and outside the scope of what schools are taxed with. It is not their job to do mental health evaluations on our kids and then, without any input from parents, subject our kids to behavior modification sessions. Those sessions are harmful to the kids, I know they are harmful to my kid.

And he won't be subjected to them any more. Nobody's kids should be. I don't send my kid to school for group therapy headed up by a bunch of fake educators (and students) who have no fucking idea what they're doing.

The cops are getting a tort claim notice, possibly the school as well..though at least they're smart enough to 1. Pretend they weren't aware that the cops are interviewing kids at will in the school, and 2. Agree to stop subjecting my kid to behavioral modification crap.

Have they held an Islamic indoctrination day yet? Try to slip that past parents too.

Who knows...but on election day 2016, they did engage in an *Immigration model* where they role played as Ellis Island immigrants and officials at the end of the 19th century.
They children were given racist scripts to *teach* them about how evil Americans treat immigrants (on election day). According to the teacher, they have to provide the children with racist scripts because "otherwise the model doesn't work". The kids aren't racist enough on their own. The school has to teach them.

Oh and then there was the *walk out* in protest of school violence that took place to supposedly honor the victims of the Florida school shooting, where the guy pulled the fire alarms and shot the kids as they responded.

Our schools embraced the idea of a walk out, they supported it, the paper gushed about how wonderful it was. Some of the alternative kids were really all het up about it, signed up with the Women's March people (so the schools all go into the muslim data base for Women's March, along with all the kids nationwide who chose to participate).

But only a few kids actually went outside for it from the highschool. A couple of the grade school teachers dragged some of the babies out. But the middle school didn't have anybody participating...so our superintendent decided to give the middle schoolers a surprise fire drill. He pulled the fire alarm, and all the kids poured out onto the street...at the exact same time as the scheduled walk out.

Then the paper came, took a picture, and jubilantly declared that *hundreds* of students had walked out in protest of guns and solidarity with shooting victims.

That's the schools.

When you have these meetings be sure to record them. Tell them you want all such sessions recorded.

When you have these meetings be sure to record them. Tell them you want all such sessions recorded.
I'm not meeting with anybody. They can kiss my fucking ass. I will take them on by email, or in school board meetings (which are recorded).

Time for private school or home schooling.

Fuck those Marxist pigs.
I can't afford private school, and because I work I can't manage home schooling believe me I tried.

I'm sick of this shit and I'm finished with keeping my mouth shut about it.

So get this..they kids are forced to use one period a day for PRIDE. It's supposed to be a *free period* where they do their homework...but in reality, it's a special period of time set aside so the school can inflict these ORI research surveys on them. They use these surveys, which ask intensely person questions about the kids and their families, to then *direct* behavior modification sessions put on by the school leadership team..which consists of the fucking principal and some students.

It's fucking brain washing. And these ORI surveys...they are supposed to be anonymous, there is supposed to be no way to trace them back to the individual children but the principal told me herself they use these surveys in house to fine tune and direct behavior modification towards small groups of kids.

Now the behavior modification model they use specifically states in their own materials that the modification sessions aren't supposed to be administered as *classes* but instead applied over the entire curriculum as just a sort of general advisory thing. But what they are doing is they have set this period aside for *homework* and then they are just using that class for almost nothing else but surveying and brainwashing the kids. They have 8 sessions that are either surveys, lessons (based on survey results), or assemblies called "Dude Be Nice!" between now and May 5.

I advised them all that believe it or not, my child has an engaged family, a church, and a community dedicated to him and willing to apply their own behavior modification techniques to help him develop into a decent human, and that I had no desire to turn that role over to the school. I let them know that if they noticed particular behavioral issues that needed to be addressed, they could of course let me know, and I would apply my own methods of behavior modification. And I told them that I didn't want him to be subjected to ANY more of that garbage.
I explained that I didn't want him counseled, interviewed, or interrogated by the police at school. I told them to stop fucking with his head and stop fucking with me, that if there was a problem, I didn't want them to solve it, I wanted to solve it.

Then the stupid school cop got in on the action and sent me an email telling me all the wonderful reasons for grilling my kid at school, and how wonderful my kid was and all that garbage. He then asked me to please detail exactly how my son's civil rights were violated. I told him to stop interviewing my kid at school without my knowledge or presence, and to contact his attorney if he had any more questions.

What a worthless piece of shit.
Your kid is in high school?

Surely you could home school as he should be old enough to work on his own. I bet he'd even be able to get hos diploma faster

Fuck those Marxist pigs.
I can't afford private school, and because I work I can't manage home schooling believe me I tried.

So get this..they kids are forced to use one period a day for PRIDE. It's supposed to be a *free period* where they do their homework...but in reality, it's a special period of time set aside so the school can inflict these ORI research surveys on them. They use these surveys, which ask intensely person questions about the kids and their families, to then *direct* behavior modification sessions put on by the school leadership team..which consists of the fucking principal and some students.

It's fucking brain washing. And these ORI surveys...they are supposed to be anonymous, there is supposed to be no way to trace them back to the individual children but the principal told me herself they use these surveys in house to fine tune and direct behavior modification towards small groups of kids.

Now the behavior modification model they use specifically states in their own materials that the modification sessions aren't supposed to be administered as *classes* but instead applied over the entire curriculum as just a sort of general advisory thing. But what they are doing is they have set this period aside for *homework* and then they are just using that class for almost nothing else but surveying and brainwashing the kids. They have 8 sessions that are either surveys, lessons (based on survey results), or assemblies called "Dude Be Nice!" between now and May 5.

I advised them all that believe it or not, my child has an engaged family, a church, and a community dedicated to him and willing to apply their own behavior modification techniques to help him develop into a decent human, and that I had no desire to turn that role over to the school. I let them know that if they noticed particular behavioral issues that needed to be addressed, they could of course let me know, and I would apply my own methods of behavior modification. And I told them that I didn't want him to be subjected to ANY more of that garbage.
I explained that I didn't want him counseled, interviewed, or interrogated by the police at school. I told them to stop fucking with his head and stop fucking with me, that if there was a problem, I didn't want them to solve it, I wanted to solve it.

Then the stupid school cop got in on the action and sent me an email telling me all the wonderful reasons for grilling my kid at school, and how wonderful my kid was and all that garbage. He then asked me to please detail exactly how my son's civil rights were violated. I told him to stop interviewing my kid at school without my knowledge or presence, and to contact his attorney if he had any more questions.

Surely you could home school as he should be old enough to work on his own. I bet he'd even be able to get hos diploma faster

I tried. No, they need actual direction and supervision.

Fuck those Marxist pigs.

And that supervision and direction can't occur in the evenings when you are home after work?

Fuck those Marxist pigs.

And that supervision and direction can't occur in the evenings when you are home after work?
Well I work for 9 hours, then come home and prepare lesson plans and supervise study and teach..I did it for about 3 months. It didn't work for any of us. It was a LOT of work to stay on top of everything for 2 high schoolers. It isn't just about supervising..there is a lot of time that goes into creating the lesson plans and getting the materials. And 6 pm on is not the best time frame for class. On top of that, my kids are at different levels and have different challenges..one of which is that the boy thinks he's the teacher. So every night we had to get through an hour of him not wanting to do as directed and not wanting to communicate, before he was really ready to actually learn. By then I was done. It just doesn't work that way. Though honestly, I could do nothing at all and they would still be fine...the thing is, they WANT to be in school.

And after that, they returned to regular school where they REALLY wanted to be..and attendance stopped being an issue because when they would want to skip or be late, I would just say not a problem, I don't care if you go or not, I'd rather you stayed home..

Which spurred them to attend school to spite me.

And school STILL sucks.

and you would think it was just the most unreasonable request ever.

Last week my son came home from high school and was upset. He said the boys had been subjected to a session in their *free period* (called PRIDE) where the male *educators* of the school and probably the resource officer, all came together to teach them how scary they are, and how they should always respect the authority represented in the room (i.e., teachers and cops), and how they are innately abusive and scary and have to be super careful about how they interact with girls because they just can't help themselves, if they act like they naturally act, they are evil and abusive.

Being me, I took the opportunity to reach out to our fake educators. I sent an email, politely expressing that my son was upset by the session, asking what it was exactly...and also advising the school that the boy had been interviewed by the police in the school some time back, despite the fact that he had told them he wanted me there. I explained to them that I expected to be contacted when the police interviewed my child.

Lord God you would think I had asked them to cut off their own heads.

The vice principal responded back and forth with me..without actually providing me with any information. I simply reiterated that I didn't want the boy interviewed by the cops at the school, and I would like to know what future behavior modification exercises the fake educators were going to inflict upon the kids, so I could make sure he wouldn't be available for those.

The principal responded to me, said they would definitely let me know in the future if the cops decided to bring in my kid for questioning, or if they felt he needed behavior modification, before just going ahead and doing whateer.

Then I went on my happy way, thinking well that's that, just more school bs but confident I had (again) reminded them that I don't want my kid interrogated by cops, or subjected to their half assed indoctrination crap.

Then I came home where my son told me that as I was emailing back and forth with the vice principal, he was actually being interviewed by 3 cops in the school office.

At this point, I became extremely unhappy.

I told them to immediately stop that shit. I spoke to 3 attorneys, one of which is a retired judge. All said the situation is not acceptable, that it is a violation of civil rights for the schools to allow the police to just come in at will and question kids at will and not provide an opportunity for them to contact their parents, to ignore them when they ask for their parents, and to fail to let the parents know that they have been talking to them at the school.

I then managed to get another retired judge to agree to represent my son, so that I could tell the fucking cops and the school, "Look here you pieces of shit, do not interview my child. If you want to talk to my kid, here is his attorney, you can talk to him."

They are grooming him as an informant, the low life scumbags. Or, alternately they are trying to railroad him. They are routinely going into the school and just pulling kids into the resource officer's office to grill them about their activities and the activities of other kids off school grounds. This last one involved a fight between a couple of younger kids, that my son broke up. Nobody was hurt, there was no imminent danger to anybody. But the resource officer maintains they interviewed all the kids (days later, in the school) in case there was any *danger*. The kids involved in the fight don't even go to high school. They are literally grade school kids.

Anyway that's been my life over the past week or more. There is more but at this point I've gone over it all so many times with so many different people I don't want to go over it all again. I'm pretty sure the school is now convinced I'm not fucking kidding about it, though. The cops, I might have to trot a letter and a tort claim notice over to their dumb asses.

What worthless pieces of shit.

This is called...."Lawyering Up." The only way these morons are going to pay attention is if they get a letter from a lawyer....sad, but true. If you can, get the lawyer to do his thing, and threaten to sue the school district, the principal, his teacher, and the Superintendent......that is the only thing they understand.

Last week my son came home from high school and was upset. He said the boys had been subjected to a session in their *free period* (called PRIDE) where the male *educators* of the school and probably the resource officer, all came together to teach them how scary they are, and how they should always respect the authority represented in the room (i.e., teachers and cops), and how they are innately abusive and scary and have to be super careful about how they interact with girls because they just can't help themselves, if they act like they naturally act, they are evil and abusive.

Being me, I took the opportunity to reach out to our fake educators. I sent an email, politely expressing that my son was upset by the session, asking what it was exactly...and also advising the school that the boy had been interviewed by the police in the school some time back, despite the fact that he had told them he wanted me there. I explained to them that I expected to be contacted when the police interviewed my child.

The vice principal responded back and forth with me..without actually providing me with any information. I simply reiterated that I didn't want the boy interviewed by the cops at the school, and I would like to know what future behavior modification exercises the fake educators were going to inflict upon the kids, so I could make sure he wouldn't be available for those.

The principal responded to me, said they would definitely let me know in the future if the cops decided to bring in my kid for questioning, or if they felt he needed behavior modification, before just going ahead and doing whateer.

Then I went on my happy way, thinking well that's that, just more school bs but confident I had (again) reminded them that I don't want my kid interrogated by cops, or subjected to their half assed indoctrination crap.

Then I came home where my son told me that as I was emailing back and forth with the vice principal, he was actually being interviewed by 3 cops in the school office.

I told them to immediately stop that shit. I spoke to 3 attorneys, one of which is a retired judge. All said the situation is not acceptable, that it is a violation of civil rights for the schools to allow the police to just come in at will and question kids at will and not provide an opportunity for them to contact their parents, to ignore them when they ask for their parents, and to fail to let the parents know that they have been talking to them at the school.

I then managed to get another retired judge to agree to represent my son, so that I could tell the fucking cops and the school, "Look here you pieces of shit, do not interview my child. If you want to talk to my kid, here is his attorney, you can talk to him."

They are grooming him as an informant, the low life scumbags. Or, alternately they are trying to railroad him. They are routinely going into the school and just pulling kids into the resource officer's office to grill them about their activities and the activities of other kids off school grounds. This last one involved a fight between a couple of younger kids, that my son broke up. Nobody was hurt, there was no imminent danger to anybody. But the resource officer maintains they interviewed all the kids (days later, in the school) in case there was any *danger*. The kids involved in the fight don't even go to high school. They are literally grade school kids.

Anyway that's been my life over the past week or more. There is more but at this point I've gone over it all so many times with so many different people I don't want to go over it all again. I'm pretty sure the school is now convinced I'm not fucking kidding about it, though. The cops, I might have to trot a letter and a tort claim notice over to their dumb asses.

This is called...."Lawyering Up." The only way these morons are going to pay attention is if they get a letter from a lawyer....sad, but true. If you can, get the lawyer to do his thing, and threaten to sue the school district, the principal, his teacher, and the Superintendent......that is the only thing they understand.
My lawyers always have me write the letter.
Then they sign it lol.
The cops are getting one.

I also submitted a complaint to the dept. of education, and sent them the emails.

I'm fairly certain nothing will come of it, I doubt this is the first time they've gotten the same complaint. They probably just collect all the information for the purpose of protecting the school.

There is only one thing you can do. Take them out of school. What’s good is school for anyway?

Better to have them go to Bible school where they can learn something they could actually use.

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)

What is so hard?

Just tell your kid to keep his mouth shut

Forum List

Back