What a great man.... HAPPY 100th Ronald Reagan, you are truly missed.

Meet the Press aired from The Reagan Presidential Library today...excellent broadcast...watch or record the rebroadcast at 4 pm eastern on msnbc...you won't be disappointed.

Meet the Press aired from The Reagan Presidential Library today...excellent broadcast...watch or record the rebroadcast at 4 pm eastern on msnbc...you won't be disappointed.

On MSNBC??? Really??? Comcast must have already installed a new program director. If that is going to be the new MSNBC, Fox News may have some serious competition soon.

the worship of the myth of st. ronnie is disturbing at best

Thou shalt have no other Gods before Obama. We know.

As your caption in your avatar is ...as is your misunderstanding and misrepresentation of the world around you.

The cat is not unimpressed. The cat feels safe near the human dwelling and knows from experience that almost everything out in those hills and mountains can kill it.

Reagan had a similar naive view of the world as you do Being an actor..and a product of Hollywood..and the Actors union..and then Governor of La..La land what he was prepared for was a convincing show..a dramatic part ...written by others.. with a far different agenda...than the feel good crap he spewed. When it came down to it Reagan did not speak for the people...He spoke for G E as he always had. You are no more aware of reality than any typical teen age girl that is in love with Brad Pitt.

Obama is not a God. Reagan was not a God.

On MSNBC??? Really??? Comcast must have already installed a new program director. If that is going to be the new MSNBC, Fox News may have some serious competition soon.

It's great that money trumps speech.

Conservatives are always promoting aristocracy..every time.

Your reasoning doesn't track friend. Fox News merits the highest ratings on cable news purely because it does provide all perspectives, does a good job of covering all the news and all points of view, and it is not a universal basher of anything. Sometimes it scores ratings that are not exceeded by CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and HLN combined. The problem with that is that without competition, Fox programmers tend to become complacent and stop working so hard for excellence in programming.

A good competitor would fix that.

I have been disappointed that Fox hasn't covered the Reagan Centennial more. Maybe since his birthday is today, they'll remedy that.

As your caption in your avatar is ...as is your misunderstanding and misrepresentation of the world around you.

The cat is not unimpressed. The cat feels safe near the human dwelling and knows from experience that almost everything out in those hills and mountains can kill it.

Reagan had a similar naive view of the world as you do Being an actor..and a product of Hollywood..and the Actors union..and then Governor of La..La land what he was prepared for was a convincing show..a dramatic part ...written by others.. with a far different agenda...than the feel good crap he spewed. When it came down to it Reagan did not speak for the people...He spoke for G E as he always had. You are no more aware of reality than any typical teen age girl that is in love with Brad Pitt.

If only you were as informed as you think you are, Reagan wrote down his own thoughts, Read um maybe you might learn something..

51gEtm4z10L._SL210_.jpg

Hidden in the archives of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library for more than a decade, the writings contained in Reagan, In His Own Hand redefine the way we think about American history of the past quarter century and about the fortieth American president. By revealing an active mind wrestling with the problems of a sluggish economy, social pathologies, welfare reform, and the Cold War struggle with the Soviet Union, these never-before-seen documents, many reproduced in his own handwriting, prove Reagan to be both the visionary and intellectual powerhouse behind his administration's landmark policies.

If only you were as informed as you think you are, Reagan wrote down his own thoughts, Read um maybe you might learn something..

51gEtm4z10L._SL210_.jpg

Hidden in the archives of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library for more than a decade, the writings contained in Reagan, In His Own Hand redefine the way we think about American history of the past quarter century and about the fortieth American president. By revealing an active mind wrestling with the problems of a sluggish economy, social pathologies, welfare reform, and the Cold War struggle with the Soviet Union, these never-before-seen documents, many reproduced in his own handwriting, prove Reagan to be both the visionary and intellectual powerhouse behind his administration's landmark policies.

I would gain a better understanding reading about Nancy's thoughts...or her astrologers..

I am not going to waste the time to try to help you convince me of something I already lived through and we are still living through. Maybe you like the destruction of the middle class and our industrial base. Reagan's birthday is just a small reminder to me of the damage he caused and the bullshit he spoused. This is a very temporary dead end on USMB. Relax. I don't need to be better informed about Reagan. I am not a member of his fan club. What I know already is more than I want to know about him.

51gEtm4z10L._SL210_.jpg

I would gain a better understanding reading about Nancy's thoughts...or her astrologers..

I am not going to waste the time to try to help you convince me of something I already lived through and we are still living through. Maybe you like the destruction of the middle class and our industrial base. Reagan's birthday is just a small reminder to me of the damage he caused and the bullshit he spoused. This is a very temporary dead end on USMB. Relax. I don't need to be better informed about Reagan. I am not a member of his fan club. What I know already is more than I want to know about him.

Ok... then go back and read you're Chomsky, becouse you obvoiusly know all there is to know about what you know. Congrats.:razz:

Don't act like an idiot. It doesn't become you.

51gEtm4z10L._SL210_.jpg

the destruction of the middle class and our industrial base.
and this occurred how?

I don't know...David Gregory showed genuine respect and admiration for President Reagan.

As I pointed out before, Comcast execs support Democrats and Obama./
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Fact check.
Comcast chief executive Brian Roberts made more than $76,000 in political contributions to Democrats since 2006, compared to $13,500 in contributions to Republicans.
Comcast vice president and top lobbyist David Cohen made about $180,000 to Democrats in the same period, compared to $12,000 to Republicans, according to OpenSecrets.org.

Cohen also helped raise more than $6 million for Obama’s election campaign.

There have also been political endorsements. On Thursday, the same day the merger was announced, Roberts expressed his support of Obama’s healthcare package. It was the first time Roberts took a position on the issue. He had been invited to attend the White House job summit that day, but could not make it.
/
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.[/quote]

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Fact check.
Comcast chief executive Brian Roberts made more than $76,000 in political contributions to Democrats since 2006, compared to $13,500 in contributions to Republicans.
Comcast vice president and top lobbyist David Cohen made about $180,000 to Democrats in the same period, compared to $12,000 to Republicans, according to OpenSecrets.org.

There have also been political endorsements. On Thursday, the same day the merger was announced, Roberts expressed his support of Obama’s healthcare package. It was the first time Roberts took a position on the issue. He had been invited to attend the White House job summit that day, but could not make it.
/
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.
[/QUOTE]

This may or may not be significant. Almost all mega corporations supported Obama's healthcare plan because a) if they are unionized, they'll be exempted anyway and/or b) they are already providing healthcare for their employees. So when the plan is implemented and has a negative impact on their smaller competitors, that's good for them.

And it is not unusual for any industry to support the side that holds the power and therefore writes the regulations that affect the industry. Since 2006 that has been the Democrats.

If Comcast is in Obama's pocket, that will be reflected in the overall editorial policy at NBC and its affiliates and we'll know that soon enough.

But a G.E. (absolutely in Obama's pocket) controlled NBC wouldn't be running a tribute to Ronald Reagan. The fact that a Comcast owned NBC did is an encouraging sign.

NEVER question Porky Limbaugh's Dead-O-Heads' & FAUX Noise fans' ability to avoid any-and-all documented-facts....especially the printed-ones (you know....the whole l-i-t-e-r-a-c-y thing. :eusa_whistle: )!!!

Five Myths About Ronald Reagan's Legacy

1. Reagan was one of our most popular presidents.

2. Reagan was a tax-cutter.

3. Reagan was a hawk.

4. Reagan shrank the federal government.

5. Reagan was a conservative culture warrior.

DETAILS

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Fact check.

/
/
/
/
/
/
//
/
You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.
[/quote]

A lot of that is just seeing the writing on the wall. In 2008, Obama drew all the smart money, just like Clinton in 1996, the 2010 midterms (Reps), the 2006 midterms (Dems), Reagan in 1984.

The period you cite was the Democratic takeover of Congress. It was no secret that Bush was going to lose "bigtime", as he would say.

Last edited:
You're clueless you and goergie need to get a room.:cuckoo:
Do we thank Reagan for your regular access to a computer?

"...Is it any wonder that California seems to have all of the crazy homeless people? State mental hospitals were taken away by Governor Reagan in the seventies, and federal mental health programs were later taken away by President Reagan in the eighties.

"When Ronald Reagan was governor of California he systematically began closing down mental hospitals, later as president he would cut aid for federally-funded community mental health programs.

"It is not a coincidence that the homeless populations in the state of California grew in the seventies and eighties. The people were put out on the street when mental hospitals started to close all over the state.

Seeing an increase in crime, and brutal murders by Herb Mullin, a mental hospital patient, the state legislature passed a law that would stop Reagan from closing even more state-funded mental health hospitals.

"But Reagan would not be outdone.

"In 1980, congress proposed new legislation (PL 96-398) called the community mental health systems act (crafted by Ted Kennedy), but the program was killed by newly-elected President Ronald Reagan. This action ended the federal community mental health centers (see timeline on this link) program and its funding.

"In closing, the next time you pass by a homeless person in downtown San Francisco screaming to themselves at the top of their lungs, remember Reagan..."

And just say thanks.

Ronald Reagan

uh huh, here we go another hit and run 'factoid'........nothing happens in a vacuum george....the advocacy for institutionalized was another 60's lefty academic exercise in messing with peoples lives absent any connection to the issue on the ground, in short they had no dog in the fight, people are just blocks of wood, even sick ones,...and they will make them feel better if only they had more 'rights'... deinstitutionalization another in the long line of failed lefty social policy. Reagan's mistake? he listened to these idiots.

for instance;

Bedlam Revisited
JONATHAN KELLERMAN

Why the Virginia Tech shooter was not committed.
I was in graduate school, studying clinical psychology when they began shutting down the asylums. The place was California, the time was the early 1970s, and "they" were an unprecedented confederation of progressives, libertarians and fiscal conservatives.

From the left marched battalions of self-styled mental health "liberation activists" steeped in the writings of Scottish psychiatrist R.D. Laing. Though he denied being opposed to his own profession, Laing's notion that madness could be a reasonable reaction to an unjust society, or even a vehicle for spiritual transformation, helped fuel the anti-psychiatry movement of the post Love-In era. The most radical of Laingians carried revisionism one step further: Not only wasn't psychosis a bad thing, it was evidence of a superior level of consciousness.

The libertarians were fueled by Thomas Szasz, an iconoclastic psychiatrist who was, and remains, an outspoken foe of virtually every aspect of his chosen specialty. Hungarian-born in 1920, and witness to vicious state exploitation of medical practice by the Nazis and the communists, Dr. Szasz pushed an absolutist dogma of individual choice, finding ready converts among members of the Do-Your-Own-Thing generation. Though his early essays offered much-needed critiques of the Orwellian nightmares that can result when autocracy corrupts health care, Dr. Szasz devolved into something of a psychiatric Flat-Earther, insisting in the face of mounting contrary evidence that mental illness simply does not exist. Currently, he serves on a commission, cofounded with the Church of Scientology, that purports to investigate human rights violations perpetrated by mental health professionals.

Accepting the arguments of the liberationists and the libertarians at face value led to the assertion that no matter how bizarre, disabling or life-threatening a person's hallucinations and delusions, involuntary treatment was never called for. And to the assertion that violation of that premise created yet another class of political prisoners.

While moderate members of the anti-asylum movement were willing to concede that psychosis might pose difficulties for a few individuals, they insisted that society had no more right to force psychoactive drugs upon mental patients than it did to hold down diabetics for insulin injections. If treatment was to be offered, it needed to be consensually contracted between caregivers and care-recipients on an outpatient basis. That fit perfectly with the sensibilities of conservative scrooges searching for ways to cut the state budget, and all too happy to dismantle a massive state hospital system denigrated as inefficient at best and inhumane at worst. The replacement chosen was an untested, less costly treatment model: the community mental center.

more at-
Bedlam Revisited

be sure and read the whole article please.

and;

After the founding of the National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH), new psychiatric medications were developed and introduced into state mental hospitals beginning in 1955. These new medicines brought new hope, and helped address some of the symptoms of mental disorders.

President John F. Kennedy's 1963 Community Mental Health Centers Act accelerated the trend toward deinstitutionalization with the establishment of a network of community mental health centers. In the 1960s, with the introduction of Medicare and Medicaid, the federal government assumed an increasing share of responsibility for the costs of mental health care. That trend continued into the 1970s with the implementation of the Supplemental Security Income program in 1974. State governments helped accelerate deinstitutionalization, especially of elderly people. In the 1960s and 1970s, state and national policies championed the need for comprehensive community mental health care, though this ideal was slowly and only partially realized.

Beginning in the 1980s, managed care systems began to review systematically the use of inpatient hospital care for mental health. Both public concerns and private health insurance policies generated financial incentives to admit fewer people to hospitals and discharge inpatients more rapidly, limit the length of patient stays, or to transfer responsibility to less costly forms of care.

Read more: Deinstitutionalization - causes, effects, therapy, person, people, health, Definition, History, Causes and consequences, Experience and adjustment Deinstitutionalization - causes, effects, therapy, person, people, health, Definition, History, Causes and consequences, Experience and adjustment

plus-

http://etd.fcla.edu/SF/SFE0000112/Thesis.pdf

and and for a laugh.....just to how you how far it had gone...

Joyce Patricia Brown (perhaps better known as Billie Boggs) was a mentally ill homeless person who defeated New York City's efforts to force her into a psychiatric treatment program. Her case set legal precedents for forced psychiatric care which have hamstrung involuntary psychiatric commitments of the homeless in New York and elsewhere.

In late 1987, NYC Mayor Ed Koch announced a new program for removing mentally disturbed homeless people from the streets, based on a state law allowing involuntary hospitalization of mentally ill people who were considered dangerous. Brown was the first homeless person to be involuntarily committed to a treatment program under the new program.

snip-
During Brown's 1987-1988 commitment and trial, Dr. Francine Cournos, a Columbia University assistant professor of psychiatry, testified that Brown was mentally ill.

Robert Levy, a staff attorney from the New York Civil Liberties Union (a state ACLU branch), defended her in court. On January 15, 1988, State Supreme Court Justice Irving Kirshenbaum ruled that New York City could not forcibly medicate Brown. Shortly thereafter, Acting State Supreme Court Justice Robert Lippmann ordered her released, in part because although she was mentally ill, her behavior was not obviously and immediately dangerous to anyone. She was released in late January after about eleven weeks of involuntary commitment and returned to the streets.

In 2000, the New York Daily News reported that Brown attended a talk sponsored by the Institute for Community Living. The article, which described Brown as "formerly homeless," stated she was continuing to receive drug counseling and had recently suffered a stroke.[1]

The Social Security Death Index [1] reports that Brown died on November 29, 2005.

Joyce Patricia Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and for extra credit what legislature passed the bill that really sprung the door in cali in the 60's/70's?
I should have guessed there were leftists involved. While I would never confuse Jerry Brown for a lefty, he followed through and continued putting people on California's streets who were walking targets when the first of every month arrived.

So far, Jerry hasn't had a chance to work his magic in DC.

Here's hoping he never will.

Took just ten words to put your panties all in a wad huh? Nobody cares.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back