Western Wildfires

So says the city boy that has never fought or saw one. 175 square miles of my favorite wilderness area devastated by one, and the three biggest towns in that whole county saved only by heroics on the part of the fire fighters. And we are now in another week of serious air pollution in Portland because of fires.

Lol....I had to evacuate one of my group homes in the early 90's when fire torched our pine barrens out east. Got within 1/4 mile.... and guess what? 20 years later it's all grown back big and beautiful. Its called nature s0n.... it's what we're seeing out west. And there's not dick you or I can ever do about it if we fought 1,000 fires together. :2up:Wouldn't add up to ass. .... such banter is immaterial to the subject matter. You have no concept of the history of forest fires out west.... look it up..... go back to the 1800's when you're doing so. Some fires that would make the ones we're seeing look laughable :113:. Let's stop the fakery that this is some kind of bizarre chain of events happening.:bye1::bye1:

Find a way to put up a 10,000 foot wall along the west coast to stop the wind otherwise please stop with the mumbo-jumbo theoretical bulshit! Its ghey
How about we kick the forest service and blm off our public lands, and let the locals decide what they want to do with their public lands?

Forest service traitors have been well documented saying their #1 priority is to keep the public off public lands. They have also been documented saying they'd rather see every stick go up in smoke rather than see it leave on log trucks.

Because they're marxists. They don't give a shit about life or the forests themselves. They just want to force everybody to the cities, and kill the ones who refuse to move.

Last edited:
Yeah the USFS advertises and draws maps to national forest lands where the eclipse will be visible...

Then started prescribed burns in those areas.

They are literally trying to kill people.

The masses of criminals who have planted themselves in Malheur national forest have given the USFS to put armed patrols out there, and the fires that they started means they have hundreds of fire fighters.

They are already agitating to limit hiking now, based on the damage THEIR ACTIVITIES cause.

U.S. Forest Service proposes plan to limit hikers in Oregon
Now Kosher, you are once again spreading lies.

SALEM -- The U.S. Forest Service is seeking to limit the number of hikers in Oregon's wilderness by requiring permits for popular areas.

The plan announced this month by Willamette and Deschutes national forests would require a permit to hike or backpack in the Mount Jefferson, Mount Washington, Three Sisters, Diamond Peak and Waldo Lake wilderness areas, The Statesman Journal reported.

The goal is to limit crowds and damage by restricting numbers, officials said. But it would also represent a fundamental change in a state that for the most part allows people to venture as they please on public lands.

Salem photographer Jeff Green said it's frustrating that overcrowding has reached this point, but it's time for permits.

"I feel user experience will vastly improve with less shoulder-to-shoulder crowds and all the human impact and garbage that comes with it," Green said.

Other people were concerned with the permit pricing of $6 to $12.

Who has to hire people to pick up the garbage that the people leave in these areas? $12 is not a lot to pay for a days or several days recreation. And there are plenty of areas you can hike on Forest Service and BLM land without having to pay anything.

What did she "lie" about?

40 years ago when I was employed by the Forest Service we measured the fires in acres. Now a fire like that is not even mentioned, they are measured in square miles if the are worth mentioning. And I never saw the fire activity that I see today, such as fire tornadoes. Nor did we see planes dropping retardant in towns.

No, the denial of people like SSo DDumb of the fact we are having fires like we have not seen since we had modern equipment to fight the fires. And it will get worse as the weather warms.

ERMAGERT!! Gerbil werming!

Is it not hysterical that some on this thread imply we can actually do something about these fires....to stop them!:aug08_031::aug08_031::aug08_031:Fascinating to thinking dynamic....fascinating!

Actually...what some on this thread know is that the management practices of the USFS are applied to cause catastrophic fires.
What we know is that we did better without the crazies of the USFS. Boot them all out.

So says the city boy that has never fought or saw one. 175 square miles of my favorite wilderness area devastated by one, and the three biggest towns in that whole county saved only by heroics on the part of the fire fighters. And we are now in another week of serious air pollution in Portland because of fires.
"Since the 1970s, the number of forest fires in the United States has remained fairly constant, but there’s been a significant uptick in the size of these blazes. The average wildfire is now twice the size of fires of 40 years ago.

"Some have tried to pin the blame on climate change, but as a 2015 Reason Foundation study noted, climatic factors like higher temperatures and increased droughts “cannot explain the pattern of fires observed over the past century.”

“While it is possible that climate change has played a role in increasing the size of fires, the primary cause seems to be forest management practices."
Big Government and Environmentalists Are Causing Massive Fires in Western States

In the 1930s, FDR ordered the Civilian Conservation Corps to plant over 3 BILLION trees. More than 10,000 trees per acre in some areas.
So many trees were planted in the Hopi National Forest that it sucked the Salt River dry, as each now mature tree consumes more than 100 gallons of water per day, in an area with less than 20 inches of precipitation annually, including 18 inches of snow which contains 1/3 as much water as rainfall.

85 years ago: FDR's forest army planted 3 billion trees in national forests, shelter belts - treesource

TREESOURCE.ORG

85 years ago: FDR's forest army planted 3 billion trees in national forests, shelter belts - treesource

"The party line is about drought and climate change.
This is why the future will not change. This is the new normal. Because politicians, and the news media, does not dare share the truth from the scorched lips of the survivors, who know the truth, but are silenced by a radical environmental policy.
These fires, killing people, have been predicted for years.
The smell of scorched earth and burning flesh lies directly on the back of environmentalists, government officials , and the people who will not open their eyes.
Truth can be uncomfortable. Death hurts even more."
Bob Golden

Wrong
upload_2018-7-30_10-3-11.jpeg

40 years ago when I was employed by the Forest Service we measured the fires in acres. Now a fire like that is not even mentioned, they are measured in square miles if the are worth mentioning. And I never saw the fire activity that I see today, such as fire tornadoes. Nor did we see planes dropping retardant in towns.

No, the denial of people like SSo DDumb of the fact we are having fires like we have not seen since we had modern equipment to fight the fires. And it will get worse as the weather warms.

Isn't it funny that Old Fag came on the scene at exactly the same point in time that the fire intensity and regularity increased?

I find that interesting.

And yes, enviros are committed to burning the shit out of the forests until man made global warming is undeniable...

Oregon-Fire.jpg

Lol....I had to evacuate one of my group homes in the early 90's when fire torched our pine barrens out east. Got within 1/4 mile.... and guess what? 20 years later it's all grown back big and beautiful. Its called nature s0n.... it's what we're seeing out west. And there's not dick you or I can ever do about it if we fought 1,000 fires together. :2up:Wouldn't add up to ass. .... such banter is immaterial to the subject matter. You have no concept of the history of forest fires out west.... look it up..... go back to the 1800's when you're doing so. Some fires that would make the ones we're seeing look laughable :113:. Let's stop the fakery that this is some kind of bizarre chain of events happening.:bye1::bye1:

Find a way to put up a 10,000 foot wall along the west coast to stop the wind otherwise please stop with the mumbo-jumbo theoretical bulshit! Its ghey
How about we kick the forest service and blm off our public lands, and let the locals decide what they want to do with their public lands?

Forest service traitors have been well documented saying their #1 priority is to keep the public off public lands. They have also been documented saying they'd rather see every stick go up in smoke rather than see it leave on log trucks.

Because they're marxists. They don't give a shit about life or the forests themselves. They just want to force everybody to the cities, and kill the ones who refuse to move.

Great post:113:

Yeah the USFS advertises and draws maps to national forest lands where the eclipse will be visible...

Then started prescribed burns in those areas.

They are literally trying to kill people.

The masses of criminals who have planted themselves in Malheur national forest have given the USFS to put armed patrols out there, and the fires that they started means they have hundreds of fire fighters.

They are already agitating to limit hiking now, based on the damage THEIR ACTIVITIES cause.

:cuckoo:
Given what happened at Helsinki, that picture was prescient. And, yes, Kosher is completely over the hill. Today, here in Portland, the smoke was so thick that you could not see any of the mountains from the St. Johns bridge.

Bitch, you are one filthy liar. What happened in your life to make you hate the people that are taking care of our forests and range lands? A ranger spurn you? Hotter longer summers, with higher winds, shorter, drier winters, and more people in the forests that do not understand that you do not start any kind of open fire when the fire danger is extreme are all factors in the extreme fire weather we are seeing all over the West. To have demented individuals flapping their insane yap about the men and women that are fighting these fires, when they are risking their lives on daily basis is a sad state of affairs.

That is why you do controlled burns and fire breaks.........Controlled burns can be managed if they keep them small and gets rid of a lot of the fuel.

While they do this...........they do let them get out of control many times.........which is incompetent..............We don't have the drought down here.........plenty of water but they create Fire Breaks all over with controlled burns..............

Places like California have so many regs that they can't fart let alone burn areas.........in the BLM.........they don't have the manpower to do that much and they need to give the land to the states............

Lol.....Kosergirl cleaning clocks on this thread!!:2up::backpedal:
The stupidly ignorant backing the insane. The fires are bigger because of the level of moisture in the vegetation are much lower than they have traditionally been. They are bigger because of stuck weather systems that keep high winds in the same area for longer than normal.

That is why you do controlled burns and fire breaks.........Controlled burns can be managed if they keep them small and gets rid of a lot of the fuel.

While they do this...........they do let them get out of control many times.........which is incompetent..............We don't have the drought down here.........plenty of water but they create Fire Breaks all over with controlled burns..............

Places like California have so many regs that they can't fart let alone burn areas.........in the BLM.........they don't have the manpower to do that much and they need to give the land to the states............
Like fucking hell. No BLM land or Forest Service goes back to the states. As soon as there is a GOP legislature, they will sell those lands to the highest bidder. And that will be a corporation, probably Chinese or Japanese, and then they will start charging the ranchers the standard private property rate of $20 a month per unit, a cow and calf, instead of the $1.38 the BLM charges them. No way do the ranchers have the money to buy those tracks of land. Not only that, a great many of us in the West hunt on BLM land, fish there, and hike and hunt rocks. All that will stop once it is in private hands. People like you are ignorant asses shilling for the corporations.

Like fucking hell. No BLM land or Forest Service goes back to the states. As soon as there is a GOP legislature, they will sell those lands to the highest bidder. And that will be a corporation, probably Chinese or Japanese, and then they will start charging the ranchers the standard private property rate of $20 a month per unit, a cow and calf, instead of the $1.38 the BLM charges them. No way do the ranchers have the money to buy those tracks of land. Not only that, a great many of us in the West hunt on BLM land, fish there, and hike and hunt rocks. All that will stop once it is in private hands. People like you are ignorant asses shilling for the corporations.
Federal Gov't owns too much land out West...........Way too much.........Federal parks and hunting land can be kept, but much of it should go to the States.........

Got news for you...............the States are THIS COUNTRY............The PEOPLE ARE THIS COUNTRY............why the hell should the Federal Gov't own so much.

Forum List

Back