Stephen Hawking says Trump’s Paris climate decision will make Earth as hot as Venus

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
Renowned physicist Stephen Hawking warned Sunday that President Donald Trump’s decision to pull the United States out of Paris climate accord last month could result in temperatures on Earth rising as high as those on the surface of Venus, the second-closest planet to the Sun.

Hawking also told BBC News, ahead of a celebration for his 75th birthday at Cambridge University, that he fears the best hope for human civilization is to colonize other planets.

“We are close to the tipping point where global warming becomes irreversible. Trump's action could push the Earth over the brink, to become like Venus, with a temperature of two hundred and fifty degrees, and raining sulphuric acid,” he said.

Hawking also said: "Climate change is one of the great dangers we face, and it's one we can prevent if we act now. By denying the evidence for climate change, and pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement, Donald Trump will cause avoidable environmental damage to our beautiful planet, endangering the natural world, for us and our children."

Stephen Hawking says Trump’s Paris climate decision will make Earth as hot as Venus
---------------------

I await the resident conservatards to show up and pretend that they're smarter than Stephen Hawking. Always entertaining stuff, those 'tards.

Renowned physicist Stephen Hawking warned Sunday that President Donald Trump’s decision to pull the United States out of Paris climate accord last month could result in temperatures on Earth rising as high as those on the surface of Venus, the second-closest planet to the Sun.

Hawking also told BBC News, ahead of a celebration for his 75th birthday at Cambridge University, that he fears the best hope for human civilization is to colonize other planets.

“We are close to the tipping point where global warming becomes irreversible. Trump's action could push the Earth over the brink, to become like Venus, with a temperature of two hundred and fifty degrees, and raining sulphuric acid,” he said.

Hawking also said: "Climate change is one of the great dangers we face, and it's one we can prevent if we act now. By denying the evidence for climate change, and pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement, Donald Trump will cause avoidable environmental damage to our beautiful planet, endangering the natural world, for us and our children."

---------------------

I await the resident conservatards to show up and pretend that they're smarter than Stephen Hawking. Always entertaining stuff, those 'tards.

Yeah, no problem. His statement is a physical impossibility. There isn't enough CO2 on this planet to accomplish that. The historical and paleo record is very clear that the planet NORMALLY is much warmer than the present day. 10 to 20 degrees above where we are now is NORMAL. And has been for 75% of the history of the planet. Hawking is wrong and it shows that he either lacks fundamental knowledge of what he is speaking, to, or is getting senile.

He made a total ass of himself.

"Climate scientists, even those usually worried about future global warming, pushed back against Hawking’s claims that Earth would become like Venus.

A good example that even brilliant scientists sometimes say silly things when it’s outside their field of expertise (see Nobel disease) Gareth S Jones on Twitter

— Zeke Hausfather (@hausfath) July 2, 2017

Meteorologist Ryan Maue called Hawking’s statements “bizarre,” and professor and environmental activist Bjorn Lomborg noted how the Paris agreement would only avert 0.2 degrees of projected global warming.

Stephen Hawking’s wacky & bizarre opinions on climate change (e.g. Earth becoming Venus) pollute policy debate. Hawking says Trump's climate stance could damage Earth - BBC News

— Ryan Maue (@RyanMaue) July 3, 2017

Stephen Hawking being silly:
No risk of climate runaway to Venus
US Paris cuts were just 0.2% of needed to 2°CZeke Hausfather on Twitter pic.twitter.com/FaDZFY4K8c

— Bjorn Lomborg (@BjornLomborg) July 3, 2017"

Scientists Criticize Stephen Hawking’s ‘Bizarre’ Claim Trump Will Push Earth ‘Over The Brink’

• Banned

---------------------

Big difference between Stephen saying 'could' and your link saying 'will'.

^ And right on cue is Westwall to show up and pretend he's smarter than Stephen Hawking!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never claimed that stupid boy. What I did claim, and I am correct, is that hawking is as wrong as you can be about this subject. The Earth has experienced times when the CO2 concentrations were 20 TIMES higher than now. Guess what. No 250 degree's. That is called a fact. Hawking is giving an uninformed opinion.

---------------------

Posting this here is like posting dinner table etiquette rules to an Isis message board. The cons here are gone, they gave up on reality long ago. They think belief overrides fact. And their beliefs are in opposition to the facts so they view anything like this as something to be ignored or ridiculed, not on merit, but to protect their own fragile worldview.

I also think scientists should stop with these extreme analogies or comparisons. It merely gives the fact challenged an easy target of what appears to most laymen an impossible extreme. Earth at 250 degrees? "Well it's only 100 degrees at most now so how can that happen? I think it isn't true." That's how the thought process goes. Science should just stick to what we know and slowly move the skeptics along with facts. Global Warming deniers don't have fact, they have opinion. Opinion unsupported by fact can be defeated but it sometimes takes quite a while as those who sell lies generally are well funded, buy a lot of outlets to put out their lies, and they scream these lies over and over as if they are true.

It's like pulling up a piece of tape stuck to a table. It takes two minutes to get your fingernail under the edge, then it comes right off. We're still in the stage of getting a fingernail under the edge. Hyperbole from our most respected scientists does not help with the masses. It scares them to want to believe in the lies.

---------------------

Did Dr. Hawking give any hints as to whether he thought the aliens would let us off planet to actually start the colonization process?

I mean, we haven't really done a good job colonizing the one we have. Before we start geo-engineering already hostile environments, maybe we ought to look into repairing the one we have.

I don't like to second guess the great Hawking but the Basalt eruptions 250 million years ago couldn't do it...I seriously doubt it with our Green house emissions today.

Also consider that we were over 2,500 to 7,000 ppm 60 million-85 million years ago. I doubt we get above 650ppm by 2200.

Is it possible with 10,000+ppm with our hotter sun? I wouldn't rule it out but we'd have to fuck up epicly.

^ And right on cue is Westwall to show up and pretend he's smarter than Stephen Hawking!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I never claimed that stupid boy. What I did claim, and I am correct, is that hawking is as wrong as you can be about this subject. The Earth has experienced times when the CO2 concentrations were 20 TIMES higher than now. Guess what. No 250 degree's. That is called a fact. Hawking is giving an uninformed opinion.

Hahahahahahah!!!! Hawking is "uninformed" to you, a stupid, gullible know-nothing dupe! That's rich!! Thread's already turning out to be way more entertaining than I thought! You stupid dupes never fail to deliver!

:laugh2:

---------------------

Yeah, no problem. His statement is a physical impossibility. There isn't enough CO2 on this planet to accomplish that. The historical and paleo record is very clear that the planet NORMALLY is much warmer than the present day. 10 to 20 degrees above where we are now is NORMAL. And has been for 75% of the history of the planet. Hawking is wrong and it shows that he either lacks fundamental knowledge of what he is speaking, to, or is getting senile.
Some are aware. I have seen arguments that used that fact and said "it would COOK the planet"
Its crazy

---------------------

Stephen Hawking has been watching too many of those crazy 1970s Sci-Fi films, his comments are ridiculous.

Gawd, you poor loons they keep getting caught and you ignore it and keep slurping the Kool Aid, you're freaking stupid

Says the muppet who posted a link from BREITBART as a rebuttal. Get a clue.

:laugh2:

Yes because we just don't have enough people posting links to The Huffington Post and random Tweets :rolleyes-41:

---------------------

Posting this here is like posting dinner table etiquette rules to an Isis message board. The cons here are gone, they gave up on reality long ago. They think belief overrides fact. And their beliefs are in opposition to the facts so they view anything like this as something to be ignored or ridiculed, not on merit, but to protect their own fragile worldview.

I also think scientists should stop with these extreme analogies or comparisons. It merely gives the fact challenged an easy target of what appears to most laymen an impossible extreme. Earth at 250 degrees? "Well it's only 100 degrees at most now so how can that happen? I think it isn't true." That's how the thought process goes. Science should just stick to what we know and slowly move the skeptics along with facts. Global Warming deniers don't have fact, they have opinion. Opinion unsupported by fact can be defeated but it sometimes takes quite a while as those who sell lies generally are well funded, buy a lot of outlets to put out their lies, and they scream these lies over and over as if they are true.

It's like pulling up a piece of tape stuck to a table. It takes two minutes to get your fingernail under the edge, then it comes right off. We're still in the stage of getting a fingernail under the edge. Hyperbole from our most respected scientists does not help with the masses. It scares them to want to believe in the lies.

The Earths AVERAGE temperature is 57 (give or take a few tenths) degrees numbskull. If you are going to make a statement about a subject you had best be conversant in the BASIC facts!

Forum List

Back