"Western cultural tradition isn’t perfect, no tradition is, but it’s essentially made us who we are"

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Former Prime Minister John Howard has launched a staunch defence of western civilisation along with a new book.

The issue is firmly in the spotlight at the moment following the ANU’s decision to cancel a course on western civilisation.

Mr Howard joins Alan Jones saying it would be foolish to ignore our founding principles.

“Western cultural tradition isn’t perfect, no tradition is, but it’s essentially made us who we are, it’s where we came from.

“By all means debate it, analyse it, pick flaws in it. But for heaven’s sake, don’t pretend that it hasn’t moulded us.

“And I’m not using this as a platform to attack other civilisations, I’m using it as a vehicle through which to remind the Australian people of just who we are, where we came from and what we owe to all the constituent elements of western civilisation.”

Alan will join Mr Howard tonight to launch his new book Howard: The Art of Persuasion, an anthology of his most impressive speeches between 1995 and 2016.

Mr Howard says politicians need one key attribute to succeed…

“You can’t persuade if you don’t believe. The most important thing about the success, or otherwise, of anybody in public life is belief.

“You’ve got to let people know what you stand for and in order to do that, you’ve got to work it out for yourself.

“The most effective political figures I’ve observed in my lifetime, figures like Churchill, Menzies, Reagan and Thatcher; they were people who had very strong convictions.”

Click PLAY below for the full interview

John Howard: ‘The most important thing’ politicians need for success

I didn't watch the entire video, but I agree with what he did say.

I see our western cultures as rotting from within due to the influence of multiculturalism. We can no longer take pride in all the wonderful things western culture has delivered to the world without being shamed into submission by people calling us names like racist, imperialist or xenophobic. If we don't show utter deference to other cultures, we are attacked and belittled. If we celebrate the diversity of western culture by admiring the way France is France, Span is Spain or Britain is Britain, we are sure to be shouted down by those with "celebrate diversity" bumper stickers on their cars.

A malaise has settled in to the west where we no longer believe in ourselves. We no longer stand FOR actual progress in humanity, but are ashamed by it. We see ourselves as the source of all the world's ills, rather than the cultures that provided the world so much. As we no longer believe in ourselves, we stand by idly as a primitive culture that DOES believe in itself establishes it's presence in the west, is expanding at an alarming rate and is beginning to assert its will.

When did believing in ourselves become so uncool? We are going to lose absolutely everything our western liberalism has accomplished over the centuries if we don't reverse this madness that multiculturalism has wrought.

Forum List

Back