Westboro Church Plans Anti-Picketing Law Challenges in Wake of Supreme Court Victory

WASHINGTON - Emboldened by Wednesday's Supreme Court decision, Westboro Baptist Church attorney Margie Phelps said she will challenge statutes all over the country that restrict picketing at funerals.

The court decided 8-1, with Justice Samuel Alito dissenting, that the First Amendment protected Westboro and the Phelps family from the lawsuit brought by Albert Snyder. The Phelpses picketed the 2006 Westminster, Md., funeral of Snyder's son, causing him emotional distress.
Phelps said it was ironic that the case that allowed her to argue in front of the nation's highest court came out of Maryland.

FoxNews.com - Westboro Church Plans Anti-Picketing Law Challenges in Wake of Supreme Court Victory
fyi
it's a tad deceiving on this FOX article....imo!

the Snyders did not hear or see these scummy protesters at his son's funeral....

mr snyder did not know about the protest, until that evening when someone called him to tell him to watch it on the News....

maybe this distressed mr snyder later, but it did not cause him this stress at the funeral....his son was buried in peace....thank goodness!

You dumb fockers, these are people who hold your beliefs who are just taking it to the next Level.

It's really funny when those on the right do stupid things, only to somehow have those on the right blames it on Liberals. THERE YOUR PEOPLE FIGHTING FOR YOUR IDEAS ABOUT GAY PEOPLE AND HOW GOD IS DOING THE KILLING BECAUSE OF IT>

Westboro is not a church it is a CULT and they are crazy. One of these days we the people need to stand up for what is right. I heard their chants and they accused the dead solider of acts that were false and they had no evidence. It was not free speech but character assassination by innuendo. These people are sick and I still would like to know who is funding that operation.

:eusa_think: Is it still to early in our evolution to ask that the Worship Industry pay taxes like any other entertainment industry?

Just askin'...​

if they don't make a profit, there is nothing to tax....

and it is unconstitutional for congress to legislate a tax law JUST FOR a church....

they do not pay federal income taxes, because they fall under tax laws for non-profits, is my understanding?

I'm just shooting from the hip here... It seems to me that businesses in the worship industry should be taxed like any other entertainment business. I'm not so sure that they're being categorized as 'non profit' is fair to the rest of the businesses that all share the same infrastructure.

:eusa_think: Is it still to early in our evolution to ask that the Worship Industry pay taxes like any other entertainment industry?

Just askin'...​

if they don't make a profit, there is nothing to tax....

and it is unconstitutional for congress to legislate a tax law JUST FOR a church....

they do not pay federal income taxes, because they fall under tax laws for non-profits, is my understanding?

I'm just shooting from the hip here... It seems to me that businesses in the worship industry should be taxed like any other entertainment business. I'm not so sure that they're being categorized as 'non profit' is fair to the rest of the businesses that all share the same infrastructure.

they don't make a profit....businesses are only taxed on profits....

here's some of the categories for non profits
NCCS - Number of Nonprofit Organizations in the United States 1999 - 2009

NCCS - Number of Public Charities in the United States 2010

Forum List

Back