Marine's dad ordered to pay protesters' court fees

Hey people, don't get mad at the messenger.

The Westboro Baptist Church considers membership in most religious groups, such as the Roman Catholic Church or Islam, as akin to devil worship, and states these other churches to be "Satanic frauds preaching Arminian lies."[41] All non-Christian entities, non-Protestant Christian churches, and all Protestant Christian churches that do not strongly condemn homosexuality are said to be sending their members to Hell.

And yet, popular preacher and John McCain's "spiritual adviser", John Hagee, talked about the Catholic Church:

Calling Hagee a “bigot,” Donahue said the right-wing pastor has waged “an unrelenting war against the Catholic Church” by “calling it ‘The Great Whore,’ an ‘apostate church,’ the ‘anti-Christ,’ and a ‘false cult system.’”

Phelps is just a little more vocal in what other Christians find perfectly acceptable. Hatred of gays, hatred for other religions.

Think Progress McCain ‘Very Honored’ By Support Of Pastor Preaching ‘End-Time Confrontation With Iran’

The Westboro Baptist Church considers membership in most religious groups, such as the Roman Catholic Church or Islam, as akin to devil worship, and states these other churches to be "Satanic frauds preaching Arminian lies."[41] All non-Christian entities, non-Protestant Christian churches, and all Protestant Christian churches that do not strongly condemn homosexuality are said to be sending their members to Hell.

And yet, popular preacher and John McCain's "spiritual adviser" talked about the Catholic Church:

Calling Hagee a “bigot,” Donahue said the right-wing pastor has waged “an unrelenting war against the Catholic Church” by “calling it ‘The Great Whore,’ an ‘apostate church,’ the ‘anti-Christ,’ and a ‘false cult system.’”

Phelps is just a little more vocal in what other Christians find perfectly acceptable. Hatred of gays, hatred for other religions.

Think Progress McCain ‘Very Honored’ By Support Of Pastor Preaching ‘End-Time Confrontation With Iran’

What does this have to do with Phelps being a Democrat and you being an asshole? :eusa_eh:

And yet, popular preacher and John McCain's "spiritual adviser" talked about the Catholic Church:

What does this have to do with Phelps being a Democrat and you being an asshole? :eusa_eh:

Phelps may have been a democrat years ago, but he clearly follows conservative values now. Hate the gays, hatred of other religions. That's just the way it is. Unless Republicans suddenly support gay rights. Like that's going to happen.

Phelps may have been a democrat years ago, but he clearly follows conservative values now. Hate the gays, hatred of other religions. That's just the way it is. Unless Republicans suddenly support gay rights. Like that's going to happen.

Ahh, the ole "he may say he is a Democrat, but I say different and I know better than he does" argument. Typical fucking liberal that has no idea what conservative values are. Find a hole, crawl into it, and shut the fuck up. Your ignorance is getting old.

EDIT: I should have said leftist. I apologize to liberals for grouping this shit stain in with you.

Unlike you, I recognize people as individuals so I would like to point out that most Democrats and most liberals would, I think, agree that rdean is a scummy little cretin for making this about partisan politics.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but I doubt you are smart enough to recognize that.

I'm not sure how the winning side ends up paying the losers' costs. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like that before.

I need more info. Doesn't make sense at all.

I believe that the scumbag Phelps/defendant's only lost below. They, however, on First Amendment grounds, WON on appeal. (A pro-First Amendment determination, no doubt, but still pretty hard to swallow.)

Thus the defeated party is the father of the lost Marine.

I hate to say it but as long as the protest is done at a distance to where it in no way interferes with the funeral these assholes are protected under the First Amendment and should be able to protest.

I hate to say it but as long as the protest is done at a distance to where it in no way interferes with the funeral these assholes are protected under the First Amendment and should be able to protest.

And I have the right to spend a few day in the county lockup if they ever protest at a funeral where I am one of the honor guard. (As I was today)

BALTIMORE - The father of a Marine killed in Iraq and whose funeral was picketed by anti-gay protesters from Kansas was ordered to pay the protesters' appeal costs, his lawyers said Monday.

The two-page decision supplied by attorneys for Albert Snyder of York, Pa., offered no details on how the court came to its decision.

On Friday, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered Snyder to pay $16,510 to Fred Phelps. Phelps is the leader of Topeka's Westboro Baptist Church, which conducted protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006.

Attorneys also said Snyder is struggling to come up with fees associated with filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court

Read more: Marine's dad ordered to pay protesters' court fees | Featured Story | Wichita Eagle

well this is one of the wtf moments? i dont even have a clue how they found the father responsible for the fees of phelps people but that is what phelps and his followers do...they go into towns and sue the police etc. most of his kids are lawyers....

Only in america.

Didnt they sue those nuts and win millions?

And I have the right to spend a few day in the county lockup if they ever protest at a funeral where I am one of the honor guard. (As I was today)

Ever notice how they stay away from the funerals that have bikers protecfing the family's...These nuts are lawyers, they know the law, but they wont mess with the bikers.

No, not really a right but you have the ability to do so. However, you're deprevation of liberty for a few days, whatever the sentence for assult, and a criminal record are your "debt" that you would then owe society.

No, not really a right but you have the ability to do so. However, you're deprevation of liberty for a few days, whatever the sentence for assult, and a criminal record are your "debt" that you would then owe society.

And in this case, glad to pay it.

They have been running their HATE Church since 1955, he ran on the Democratic ticket from 1990-1998, in some cases getting close to 50,000 votes running as the Democratic Governor after being in the hate business for 40 years!

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what happens when 'the most conservative' circuit in the country makes rulings.

nuts...

Does it have to be a conservative vs liberal thing?

There are some very good conservative judges and there are some amazing liberal judges. It matters more about the judge and his knowledge of the law. This judge is a douche bag!

BALTIMORE - The father of a Marine killed in Iraq and whose funeral was picketed by anti-gay protesters from Kansas was ordered to pay the protesters' appeal costs, his lawyers said Monday.

The two-page decision supplied by attorneys for Albert Snyder of York, Pa., offered no details on how the court came to its decision.

On Friday, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered Snyder to pay $16,510 to Fred Phelps. Phelps is the leader of Topeka's Westboro Baptist Church, which conducted protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006.

Attorneys also said Snyder is struggling to come up with fees associated with filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court

Exactly! A real WTF moment. What is society coming to? Radical leftist judges?

Read more: Marine's dad ordered to pay protesters' court fees | Featured Story | Wichita Eagle

well this is one of the wtf moments? i dont even have a clue how they found the father responsible for the fees of phelps people but that is what phelps and his followers do...they go into towns and sue the police etc. most of his kids are lawyers....

Exactly! A real WTF moment. What is society coming to? Radical leftist judges?

And what evidence do you have these are leftist judges I must've missed it.

CaféAuLait;2162256 said:

They have been running their HATE Church since 1955, he ran on the Democratic ticket from 1990-1998, in some cases getting close to 50,000 votes running as the Democratic Governor after being in the hate business for 40 years!

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yea, he hates gays. The "favorite" Republican pass time.

What is wrong with you people? When the Republican gay group, the Log Cabin, sends money to candidates, they always send it back. REPUBLICANS HATE GAYS. It's why they are always against gay rights and gay marriage and call gays terrible things.

Go on. Deny it. If you do, you are lying.

Forum List

Back