West Point cadet under investigation for throwing the "ok" hand sign

What those kids are doing is the same shit my generation did when we were in high school - it's the "circle of death" / "circle game". You make a circle with your thumb and pointer somewhere on your body below your waist. If someone looks at it, you get to punch them in the shoulder. Doing it in a photo essentially makes it permanent. It's a stupid teenage joke that has been around for at LEAST 20 goddamn years.

But to the perpetually offended, hysterical left - it's racism. They are so pathetic that they have to suck the life out of every joke or humorous antic in existence so everyone is just as fucking miserable as they are.

Those individuals involved will be disciplined faster than you guys can "spin" this out of control and blame leftists. Go somewhere with this bullshit!

• Banned
What those kids are doing is the same shit my generation did when we were in high school - it's the "circle of death" / "circle game". You make a circle with your thumb and pointer somewhere on your body below your waist. If someone looks at it, you get to punch them in the shoulder. Doing it in a photo essentially makes it permanent. It's a stupid teenage joke that has been around for at LEAST 20 goddamn years.

But to the perpetually offended, hysterical left - it's racism. They are so pathetic that they have to suck the life out of every joke or humorous antic in existence so everyone is just as fucking miserable as they are.
Never heard of that game. Course before joining USMB I never heard of it being a hate symbol either.

Liberals have serious mental issues these days

I wonder how long until the peace sign is considered a problem.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if a bird in the hand is allowed to fly, you may as well make way for everything else.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if a bird in the hand is allowed to fly, you may as well make way for everything else.

In Oz the "peace sign" has a different meaning.

220px-Robbie_paparazzi_V_sign.jpg
Singer Robbie Williams using a V sign with palm facing himself as an insult to the observer

It has been supplanted in large part among our younger generation by the American "flipping the bird".

Greg

Those individuals involved will be disciplined faster than you guys can "spin" this out of control and blame leftists. Go somewhere with this bullshit!
And you on the Left will sit back oh-so- satisfied with yourselves knowing that you contributed to ruining the life of a young man playing a game. You and the rest of the Left have lost your collective minds. Please rejoin the real world. You are dancing on the lunatic fringe.

And you on the Left will sit back oh-so- satisfied with yourselves knowing that you contributed to ruining the life of a young man playing a game. You and the rest of the Left have lost your collective minds. Please rejoin the real world. You are dancing on the lunatic fringe.
Being denied a privilege due to your own, unacceptable behavior is "having your life ruined"...?

Man, you rightwing nutters really seamlessly transition to sensitive, dramatic babies, when it suits you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The peace sign was strongly discouraged by members of the military in the early days of the Viet Nam war......I remember that well.

Oh....I'm so sorry to hear some Leftist FORCED him to flash the WP sign behind a black cadet and midshipman.....can you name the Leftist who forced him to do that?

Oh....I'm so sorry to hear some Leftist FORCED him to flash the WP sign behind a black cadet and midshipman.....can you name the Leftist who forced him to do that?
What if he was your son? Would you want his life ruined to "teach him a lesson" about goofing around during a football game?

Never heard of that game. Course before joining USMB I never heard of it being a hate symbol either.

It was used on an episode of "Malcom in the Middle......"

Unlike left wing art majors who can sleep their way through college, these Cadets are under constant pressure to compete and perform, and then after graduating to serve their country....this game is obviously just a dumb way to let off some steam, at a football game......

The left wing asshats are insane......they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the levers of power....

Circle Game - What Does Circle Game Mean? | Slang by Dictionary.com

Playable anywhere, the Circle Game is initiated when one person makes a circle with their forefinger and thumb, resembling the OK gesture, and holds it below waist-level. If someone else makes eye contact with the circle, then the “circler” gets to punch them in the arm. Players especially enjoy the game in inappropriate situations, sometimes setting elaborate or creative traps for their target.

In one common variation of the Circle Game, if the target person breaks the circle with their finger, they get to punch the “circler” instead.

The origins of the Circle Game are disputed. People anecdotally recall playing the game in the schoolyard in the 1970–80s. Vice traced the game to one, Matthew Nelson, who claims credit for inventing it in New Bremen, Ohio in the early 1980s—though there’s no proof he either created or named the game. The TV show Malcolm in the Middle, which featured the game, helped popularize the Circle Game in the 2000s.

In the 2010s, references to the Circle Game have grown in popularity, often as an online meme, marking a new digital era of the schoolyard game. Its contemporary usage may be driven by millennial nostalgia (or an effort to capitalize on it) or simply by the possibilities the internet has opened up for the game.

Pictures of people making the circle with their hand, particularly as a way to photobomb an otherwise serious photograph, are often accompanied by the phrase got ‘em or simply gotem, meaning that the circling hand has “got” whoever is looking at it. Not surprisingly, the popularity of the Circle Game and “got ‘em” has been commercialized to sell t-shirts and coffee mugs.

You are an asshat...

Circle Game - What Does Circle Game Mean? | Slang by Dictionary.com

Playable anywhere, the Circle Game is initiated when one person makes a circle with their forefinger and thumb, resembling the OK gesture, and holds it below waist-level. If someone else makes eye contact with the circle, then the “circler” gets to punch them in the arm. Players especially enjoy the game in inappropriate situations, sometimes setting elaborate or creative traps for their target.

In one common variation of the Circle Game, if the target person breaks the circle with their finger, they get to punch the “circler” instead.

The origins of the Circle Game are disputed. People anecdotally recall playing the game in the schoolyard in the 1970–80s. Vice traced the game to one, Matthew Nelson, who claims credit for inventing it in New Bremen, Ohio in the early 1980s—though there’s no proof he either created or named the game. The TV show Malcolm in the Middle, which featured the game, helped popularize the Circle Game in the 2000s.

In the 2010s, references to the Circle Game have grown in popularity, often as an online meme, marking a new digital era of the schoolyard game. Its contemporary usage may be driven by millennial nostalgia (or an effort to capitalize on it) or simply by the possibilities the internet has opened up for the game.

Pictures of people making the circle with their hand, particularly as a way to photobomb an otherwise serious photograph, are often accompanied by the phrase got ‘em or simply gotem, meaning that the circling hand has “got” whoever is looking at it. Not surprisingly, the popularity of the Circle Game and “got ‘em” has been commercialized to sell t-shirts and coffee mugs.

These days? They supported hitler, mao, pol pot, stalin, castro........

What if he was your son? Would you want his life ruined to "teach him a lesson" about goofing around during a football game?

I’d first investigate his intent. And if I determined that he was flashing the sign to A) suggest that he’s a white supremacist or B) trolling viewers by flashing that sign because he thinks it’s funny to make people think he’s a white supremacist, I’d expect him to be kicked out of the academy.

If I determined that he was clueless as to the meaning of that sign in modern culture, I’d be disappointed that my highly intelligent son was such a fucking moron.

Nope! The left is not insane! :cuckoo:

/sarcasm

Are you making the claim that the West Point Administration is "the Left"? :auiqs.jpg:

Did I type that or did you?

I'm quite clear. If not for the INSANE BULLSHIT the left has put this country through for the past decade we wouldn't be at this point.

It's a fucking HAND GESTURE

Forum List

Back