Were a GOPer to win the WH in 2017

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Although highly unlikely (and I mean that without the usual partisanship) what would we expect from a republican gaining the WH in 2017:

1. We should expect yet another war in Iraq, involving our soldiers with the expectation of considerable more deaths (mindful that we have basically armed ISIS and they would be even more battle-hardened than they were in 2003,) and we should expect another $1 trillion to be spent in an endless cause without a foreseeable “victory."

2. We should also expect the Keystone XL Pipeline to be implemented…..The recent spillage in California from such a pipeline….which took several hours to be shut-off….should be an indication of just how “safe” the industry tells us that such pipelines may be.

3. We should also expect for at least one supreme court justice to be appointed and seated, with the same ideology as Scalia, Thomas and Alito…..If this were to happen, the expectation of the overturning of Roe v. Wade would come to fruition and we should also expect that additional decisions a-la Citizen United would come about.

If you are a hard-core ultra conservative, you would welcome such expectation, but if you are a moderate republican, you should ALSO be worried.

Now, if a CONSERVATIVE were to be elected to the White House in 2016, you could expect.....

1. Carpet bombing of Iraq to bomb them back into the stone age. Not strategic bombing like you see now, but things that make Dresden, Germany in 1944 look like a ride at Walt Disney World.

2. The utter gutting of the EPA and return of private business proceedings to the States and the companies actually involved.

3. A guarantee of at least one, if not more SCOTUS Justices being seated who make Scalia and Thomas look like Liberals.

We can all dream, can't we?

• Banned
Now, if a CONSERVATIVE were to be elected to the White House in 2016, you could expect.....

1. Carpet bombing of Iraq to bomb them back into the stone age. Not strategic bombing like you see now, but things that make Dresden, Germany in 1944 look like a ride at Walt Disney World.

2. The utter gutting of the EPA and return of private business proceedings to the States and the companies actually involved.

3. A guarantee of at least one, if not more SCOTUS Justices being seated who make Scalia and Thomas look like Liberals.

We can all dream, can't we?

Of course, you can "dream" such nightmares.....and for numkber 2, I hope you can develop a gourmet taste for oil coated foods.

Yes, if a Republican wins there will be all out global thermonuclear war, global famine, all the puppies and kittens will be eaten, slavery will be re-enacted, etc., etc.

Yes... it will get ugly.

• Banned
If a Republican wins it will be the beginning of the end of days if Democrat wins it will be the start of paradise on earth. Sheesh lighten up people.

Now, now.....I did NOT imply that the world would end if a republican gains the WH.....I was just pointing out what would moist likely happen in 3 important scenarios....For example, with the exception of Paul, all other GOP candidates are all for sending troops to Iraq....Am I wrong?

Although highly unlikely (and I mean that without the usual partisanship) what would we expect from a republican gaining the WH in 2017:

1. We should expect yet another war in Iraq, involving our soldiers with the expectation of considerable more deaths (mindful that we have basically armed ISIS and they would be even more battle-hardened than they were in 2003,) and we should expect another $1 trillion to be spent in an endless cause without a foreseeable “victory."

2. We should also expect the Keystone XL Pipeline to be implemented…..The recent spillage in California from such a pipeline….which took several hours to be shut-off….should be an indication of just how “safe” the industry tells us that such pipelines may be.

3. We should also expect for at least one supreme court justice to be appointed and seated, with the same ideology as Scalia, Thomas and Alito…..If this were to happen, the expectation of the overturning of Roe v. Wade would come to fruition and we should also expect that additional decisions a-la Citizen United would come about.

If you are a hard-core ultra conservative, you would welcome such expectation, but if you are a moderate republican, you should ALSO be worried.
The thirst for war in the republucan party and the chance another evil bastard like Scalia will be elected to the supreme court are my biggest worries about a republican becoming President in 2016.

The thirst for war in the republucan party and the chance another evil bastard like Scalia will be elected to the supreme court are my biggest worries about a republican becoming President in 2016.

How is Scalia "evil"?

How is Scalia "evil"?
I went too far in calling him evil. But I worry that people's rights and freedoms would be at risk if there were more justices that held similar ideologies to him on the SC.

If a Republican wins it will be the beginning of the end of days if Democrat wins it will be the start of paradise on earth. Sheesh lighten up people.

Now, now.....I did NOT imply that the world would end if a republican gains the WH.....I was just pointing out what would moist likely happen in 3 important scenarios....For example, with the exception of Paul, all other GOP candidates are all for sending troops to Iraq....Am I wrong?
Yes.

How is Scalia "evil"?
I went too far in calling him evil. But I worry that people's rights and freedoms would be at risk if there were more justices that held similar ideologies to him on the SC.

Scalia is another Cheney with a robe......Very smart, but with an agenda that does NOT allow objectivity, negating the role of court "arbiter" to render fair decisions (of course, Thomas is his lap puppet.)

If the GOP wins the White House and he's worth a shit you'll see a long list of perps going to prison. Top among them: Obama, Mrs Obama, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, etc.

Depends on the Conservative. A Rubio or Bush might do very different things than a Cruz or a Huckabee.

If the GOP wins the White House and he's worth a shit you'll see a long list of perps going to prison. Top among them: Obama, Mrs Obama, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, etc.

And what crimes would they be going to jail for?

It depends. GOP is a big tent party with Libertarians , traditional conservatives, and neo-cons.
1.) If Paul wins look for less foreign policy protection and more civil liberties protection.
2.) If Walker wins Civil Service employees in D.C. better find another job because he will cut out the fat.
3.) If Rubio wins our border will be overran.
4.) If Perry wins our border will be secure and states rights restored.
5.) If Cruz wins we will be in another war in Middle-East...but borders will be secure.
If any of the above win the budget will not be balanced because GOP on Capitol Hill will want their pork just like when Dems were in control.
6.) If Fiorina wins we might balance our budget...but all of our jobs will go to Asia.

Try to find a couple of virgins among the tea sippers,,,,and sacrifice them on some altar just to make your "wishes" come true.

Forum List

Back