Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

:biggrin:Too much starch. I would have added more vegetables in there as a side dish and possibly in with the chicken (maybe a little citrus as well), to enhance the chicken and flavors!

noooooo.....it was delicious! it was so perfect, so crunchy and so tasty! so easy to make too!

no starch at all ....yummy....it was delish toobfreak! I will make it again and again!:biggrin:

Finally mastered the deep fried chicken Sunday afternoon!!
We ruined the first two attempts by trying to keep the oil at 350,the crust would burn long before the chicken reached the proper temp.
We learned that 350 is the proper starting temp but you have to let the temp drop to 300 and leave it there.
The interior temp reached the right temp long before the crust burned.
It came out perfect!!!

Sounds great. The initial temp put the crisp to the skin to prevent excessive oil penetration while the lower temps then forestalled the outer cooking to give time for the center of the chicken to reach full temp while remaining juicy.

Sounds great. The initial temp put the crisp to the skin to prevent excessive oil penetration while the lower temps then forestalled the outer cooking to give time for the center of the chicken to reach full temp while remaining juicy.

Exactly right.
I've pan fried chicken in the past and never had a problem.
I have a large cast iron pot and it did okay but I still had the over cooked crust problem.
The only pieces of chicken I could get to come out consistent were wings.

Buying a commercial grade deep fryer helped a lot.

I never bought a commercial deep fryer....I'm a bit of a vintage user myself.... he-he..I love old fashion cooking you know.....like our grandmothers did it? yes...I like that

The way I do it in the oven... it turns out very delicious! I have no complaints at all ! I love it!:up:

I never bought a commercial deep fryer....I'm a bit of a vintage user myself.... he-he..I love old fashion cooking you know.....like our grandmothers did it? yes...I like that

The way I do it in the oven... it turns out very delicious! I have no complaints at all ! I love it!:up:

I dont mind baked chicken,but I love fried chicken!!!
What brought on the effort to make good fried chicken was due to the crappy fried chicken we were getting from the fast food chicken joints these days.
Now when the urge hits me I can make it my damn self.

I dont mind baked chicken,but I love fried chicken!!!
What brought on the effort to make good fried chicken was due to the crappy fried chicken we were getting from the fast food chicken joints these days.
Now when the urge hits me I can make it my damn self.

I agree.

It's just that I love vintage cuisine.....the way our grandmothers did it ... the way our mothers prepared it when we were little.....that's all. I miss it....I miss that very much

pork.......and when i'm done w/that.....more pork.....oh and did i mention pork?

1697862182906.png

~S~

Forum List

Back