Well, she certainly didn't kill McCain's chances

Great speech.

Not a word about the middle class, Afghanistan, Pakistan.

Very stirring. Empty, completely devoid of substance, but inspiring for those who aren't paying attention.

and Obama's speech writers write for him and Biden's speech writers write for him as every president's speech writers wrote for them so what's your point?

Are you really so naive that you think pols actually write their own speeches? Speeches are written by committee and tested by focus groups and then rehearsed. Have you noticed that BHO can't talk when asked a question he didn't know was coming?

ummm actually Obama writes his own speechs

How Obama Writes His Speeches - TIME

nice try though :redface:

she did good. I'm not surprised. She seems like a bright, articulate woman.

They gave her a great speech and she nailed it.

It's too bad she's not the one running, even with her NRA/pro-life bullshit I'd be tempted to vote for her....if I weren't getting John McCain in the deal.

I thought the Republicans cares about America. How much do you care about her if you are willing to succeed?

Sarah Palin's ties to Alaskan Independence Party are played down

Tonight, Sarah Palin will be nominated as the Republican Party's choice for vice president of the United States.

But back home, she has cheered the work of a tiny party that long has pushed for a statewide vote on whether Alaska should secede from those same United States. And her husband, Todd, was a member of the party for seven years.

"Keep up the good work," Sarah Palin told members of the Alaskan Independence Party in a videotaped speech to their convention six months ago in Fairbanks. She wished the party luck on what she called its "inspiring convention."

The Alaskan Independence Party, founded in 1978, initially promoted "the Alaskan independence movement." But now, according to its website, "its primary goal is merely a vote on secession."

McCain campaign spokesman Tucker Bounds said Tuesday that Palin did not support splitting Alaska off from the rest of the country. He sidestepped the question of whether she favored a statewide vote on secession.

so he says. Don't believe it.

hey I've got some swamp land in Florida, you can get it for a steal and make millions....or perhaps you'd be interested in a bridge?

then what the fuck is the point of even debating anything with you? you said he doesn't write his speeches, I find you evidence that he does and you just say "i don't believe it"?

I find it pathetic how you and others like you summarily dismiss EVERYTHING positive about Obama and yet you want us to ignore all the things coming out about Palin?

what a crock of shit :whip:

then what the fuck is the point of even debating anything with you? you said he doesn't write his speeches, I find you evidence that he does and you just say "i don't believe it"?

I find it pathetic how you and others like you summarily dismiss EVERYTHING positive about Obama and yet you want us to ignore all the things coming out about Palin?

what a crock of shit :whip:

you have an article in TIME that "says" he does. that is not proof. Proof would be an unbiased observer watching him write a speech and then confirming that the same exact speech was given at some point in time with no other input from any one else.

That is proof.

Great speech.

Not a word about the middle class, Afghanistan, Pakistan.

Very stirring. Empty, completely devoid of substance, but inspiring for those who aren't paying attention.

Umm.... did not expect her to get into the policy specifics as deep.. that is McCain's job...

She did very well in firing the arrows back at those firing them at her... showing she is not going to be a push over to the media bias, the left-wing loonies and their senseless attacks, etc

Highlighted that she is not inexperienced... she is not 20 year vet of governmental experience, but she has more than Obama and in actual leadership and responsibility....

Very good speech... but now needs to get on the issues for when her debate against Biden comes around... if she stays on track and keeps her attitude, diligence, and style, she'll destroy him

..but now needs to get on the issues for when her debate against Biden comes around... if she stays on track and keeps her attitude, diligence, and style, she'll destroy him

I'm looking forward to those debates, too.

I only hope they actually debate something, and don't do what they usually do, which is to not answer questions and instead use every question as an apportunity to spew talkinga points.

And that complaint is directed at members of both parties BTW.

Umm.... did not expect her to get into the policy specifics as deep.. that is McCain's job...

She did very well in firing the arrows back at those firing them at her... showing she is not going to be a push over to the media bias, the left-wing loonies and their senseless attacks, etc

Highlighted that she is not inexperienced... she is not 20 year vet of governmental experience, but she has more than Obama and in actual leadership and responsibility....

Very good speech... but now needs to get on the issues for when her debate against Biden comes around... if she stays on track and keeps her attitude, diligence, and style, she'll destroy him

Well he's not doing a very good job of being specific.

PS. How do you feel about Palin wanting to succeed from the Union?

Now how come Palin can mock and insult Obama and Biden all she wants but if they do it in return, they are labeled "sexist?" They are using Palin as a "human shield" against all criticism of the GOP ticket. All I heard last night was hatred, divisiveness, and disrespect. This is UNITED States of America., not GOP States of America.

And she didn't say ANYTHING about how she and McCain plan to fix the very real crisis in America with the economy, energy, the war, education, healthcare. I didn't hear any solutions, just attacks of her opponents.
She also lied about her past experience and Obama's tax plan, AND his history in the Senate(s) (state and national)
THIS is a rising star? THIS is incredible?
What a sad statement about our country.

I'm looking forward to those debates, too.

I only hope they actually debate something, and don't do what they usually do, which is to not answer questions and instead use every question as an apportunity to spew talkinga points.

And that complaint is directed at members of both parties BTW.

Agreed.. we have seen do many diversions when asked questions... I too hope that is not the case this time

you have an article in TIME that "says" he does. that is not proof. Proof would be an unbiased observer watching him write a speech and then confirming that the same exact speech was given at some point in time with no other input from any one else.

That is proof.

Silence wrote 'evidence,' not proof. there is a difference. and yes, an article in an internationally distributed magazine is considered evidence

They are using Palin as a "human shield" against all criticism of the GOP ticket. All I heard last night was hatred, divisiveness, and disrespect. This is UNITED States of America., not GOP States of America

wow, Obama supporters really are grabbing for straws this morning

perhaps, YET again, you should leave those judgments to staff.

And how do you feel about Palin belonging to a group that wants Alaska to secede from the Union?

And if the Black Panthers say Obama was a member of their group, with no proof, and no history of any personal actions that lead to the conclusion that this could be true.. you would accept that as accurate

This is more baseless hogwash... horseshit... bullshit... and radical slander.... but no wonder the uber-lefties in here cling to it like a hemorrhoid on a stressed obese person's ass

Yawn...

stop the baseless trolling and come in with something substantive for once

Yesterday you neg repped me and said we did not lose the war in Iraq. Well, we also didn't win it either. Because no matter how long we stay or what we do, there will always be anti American forces in Iraq for us to fight. So what was accomplished? Chaney and Bush and their buddies got rich off US tax dollars. So they may have won, but you and I did not. We took it in the ass.

Winning means getting the fuck out of there. When we leave, that's when we win.

So what happens when Mook Tada El Sadr becomes ruler of Iraq and he joins forces with Iran? That's almost inevidable. Will you consider that victory, stupid?

We got rid of Saddam. The Iranians LOVED that move and the Saudi's HATED it. So we helped our enemy. Maybe that was an olive branch? Please explain, with substance.

And if the Black Panthers say Obama was a member of their group, with no proof, and no history of any personal actions that lead to the conclusion that this could be true.. you would accept that as accurate

This is more baseless hogwash... horseshit... bullshit... and radical slander.... but no wonder the uber-lefties in here cling to it like a hemorrhoid on a stressed obese person's ass

You don't help your argument by being on the board for five minutes and calling anybody who disagrees with you a troll. If you want an ounce of credibility argue the facts. If not, suck it up and stop whining...:eusa_boohoo::eusa_angel::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back