Well, she certainly didn't kill McCain's chances

There wasn't really anything else to say, so I just quoted all of you !

<how lazy is that>

Here are my highlights.

she did good. I'm not surprised. She seems like a bright, articulate woman.

They gave her a great speech and she nailed it.

She hit that one out of the park.

She held my attention, and she held her own up there in the spotlight. Could you imagine speaking in front of that crowd, and millions more on tv? I would have been shaking in my boots!

I like what she said about being an advocate for special needs kids. She has some good ideas, and she seemed to want to distance herself from Bush & co.

Yes, she did sound cocky, and good for her. She's not afraid of a fight.

She gave a good speech.

I'm sure she's a smart and articulate women. She has to be. A woman has to be better than a man to get to the level of Governor, VP, or Prez.

I think there's a danger for the Democrats in underestimating this woman.

I thought going after Michelle was actually one of the low points.

A lot of liberals on here are being honest, and calling a good speech when they see one, regardless of party.

and can I say how adorable Piper is!

The only problem is, she looks like she might be able to go toe to toe with Biden. :eek:

I think Palin is one of us, here on the USMB board.

Not really since that's been what the Republicans have been targeting for everyone to do. They want everyone to compare Palin who may not have so much experience to Obama who they kept saying has little experience. I find it interesting if perhaps that's one of the reasons she was picked.

I find it interesting that she has so many strengths that no one is quite sure which one she was chosen for.
Whole package baby.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Interesting that you would say such a thing.. here ya go... Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know .. .your thinking.. how does he have all that time.. and run for president too...

That's an easy one: he can't. Just look at his voting record since he began his campaign.

Look at his voting record when he was in the state senate. He couldn't even decide how to vote, so he just voted present. Presidents make decisions, not show up to meetings.

She cut city taxes and reformed the police department. That's more than ceremonial, in my opinion.

Well, it will be interesting to see if her record on taxation, spending, and other economic issues is scrutinized a little more:

During her 6 years as Mayor, she increased general government expenditures by over 33%. During those same 6 years the amount of taxes collected by the City increased by 38%.

This was during a period of low inflation (1996-2002). She reduced progressive property taxes and increased a regressive sales tax which taxed even food. The tax cuts that she promoted benefited large corporate property owners way more than they benefited residents. The huge increases in tax revenues during her mayoral administration weren’t enough to fund everything on her wish list though, borrowed money was needed, too. She inherited a city with zero debt, but left it with indebtedness of over $22 million.

That's an easy one: he can't. Just look at his voting record since he began his campaign.

Look at his voting record when he was in the state senate. He couldn't even decide how to vote, so he just voted present. Presidents make decisions, not show up to meetings.
Really... do you want to go there cause Mac's been takin the cake with days off... in order to understand the present vote you have to understand its use in the Illinoise legislature.. but... you being a republican leaves doubt in my mind that you can actually understand anything...

I see you picked up your talking points from whitehouse.gov though... kudos...

I don't know about that one. I always figured Dick Cheney and the rest of the cabinet discussed issues while little George was playing with blocks in the corner.

(After the drinking/Pretzel accident they don't allow him near "dangerous" foods and beverages anymore. So they give him apple juice instead.)

CBBC Newsround | WORLD | George Bush 'chokes on pretzel'

$Pretzel.jpg - Public Enemy #1

Last edited:
Really... do you want to go there cause Mac's been takin the cake with days off... in order to understand the present vote you have to understand its use in the Illinoise legislature.. but... you being a republican leaves doubt in my mind that you can actually understand anything...

the Illinoise legislature

huh? and just where do you think he happens to be ?

Yet, Bill was able to get up, and put differences aside, and show support for Obama, after Obama made equally vile remarks about his wife AND him. That's the difference between the Clintons and the Obamas. The Clintons can show human decency.

:lol: sorry that's hysteical to me. now Michelle shows no human decency?

and no one believe that the Clinton's did what they did for any reason OTHER than Hillary's political future. IF Obama wins she can get credit for helping unite the party. IF Obama loses she's set herself up nicely for a run in 2012.

That you call me a Republican shows how little you actually know.

Excellent Speech. I expected her to blow it. The pressure was so much as this is her defining moment to make her first impression after the media so unfairly criticized her. Wow! She nailed it! I love how she took the media head on. The remark about Obama writing two memoirs yet no accomplishments was a slam(truth hurts!). And to mention all the different taxes he wants to raise and to call him out for his and his crowds contempt of gun-owning citizens and religious people. Thank you Sarah! I was going to vote independant but Palin may cause my vote to be republican this year. If only she was the presidential candidate. But with McCains age she very well could be. She represents America and Obama represents the marxist thought which infiltrated here from failed marxist nations.

Forum List

Back