Well, she certainly didn't kill McCain's chances

Excellent Speech. I expected her to blow it. The pressure was so much as this is her defining moment to make her first impression after the media so unfairly criticized her. Wow! She nailed it! I love how she took the media head on. The remark about Obama writing two memoirs yet no accomplishments was a slam(truth hurts!). And to mention all the different taxes he wants to raise and to call him out for his and his crowds contempt of gun-owning citizens and religious people. Thank you Sarah! I was going to vote independant but Palin may cause my vote to be republican this year. If only she was the presidential candidate. But with McCains age she very well could be. She represents America and Obama represents the marxist thought which infiltrated here from failed marxist nations.

You want a piece of this Nancy... read back a few posts. You'll find out that your a post late and an intelligent thought short... You wouldnt know a marxist if Ho chi men marched his little yellow ass up yours...

The actual number of Obama's "present" votes was 129 out of 4000 during his eight years in the Illinois Senate. Obama's campaign says anyone criticizing his "present" votes doesn't understand how this type of vote is used in the rough-and-tumble give-and-take of the Illinois legislature.

The actual number of Obama's "present" votes was 129 out of 4000 during his eight years in the Illinois Senate. Obama's campaign says anyone criticizing his "present" votes doesn't understand how this type of vote is used in the rough-and-tumble give-and-take of the Illinois legislature.

What you mean is the Chicago political machine, known for its corruption and lack of reform.

She did amazing. She showed knowledge of foreign policy in many aspects, she showed her knowledge of energy independence, she showed her understanding of working-class America, and she took great jabs at Barack Obama. Home run!
i loved it how she included the talk of oil with other countires, just perfect

she did good. I'm not surprised. She seems like a bright, articulate woman.

They gave her a great speech and she nailed it.

It's too bad she's not the one running, even with her NRA/pro-life bullshit I'd be tempted to vote for her....if I weren't getting John McCain in the deal.

I understand how you feel. McCain isnt my favorate person. But if they win she is the face of the future of the Republican part. And I can swallow the bitter pill that is McCain to get her in that position.

I think there's a danger for the Democrats in underestimating this woman.

You don't become governor of a state and over-turn a corrupt good ole boys network without being tough.

Oh yeah... They are misunderestimating her big time;)

You want a piece of this Nancy... read back a few posts. You'll find out that your a post late and an intelligent thought short... You wouldnt know a marxist if Ho Chi Minh marched his little yellow ass up yours...
um, fixed

seems you dont either
:badgrin:

she did good. I'm not surprised. She seems like a bright, articulate woman.

They gave her a great speech and she nailed it.

It's too bad she's not the one running, even with her NRA/pro-life bullshit I'd be tempted to vote for her....if I weren't getting John McCain in the deal.

"They" didn't give her anything... that speech was ALL HERS... she OWNED that. It's too bad you have such a problem with the second amendment of our constitution, and wanting to MURDER the unborn.

I'd suggest you search your soul and America's history, and you just might find yourself voting for McCain/Palin after all.

Last edited:
"They" didn't give her anything... that speech was ALL HERS... she OWNED that.

did she WRITE that speech? NO she did NOT. The republican speech writers prepared it for her. Did she "own" it as you say? I'd say yes she did. She delivered it like a pro.

It's too bad you have such a problem with the second amendment of our constitution, and wanting to MURDER the unborn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: this is the most partisan idiotic thing I've probably ever had said directly to me during this entire debate.

I'd suggest you search your soul and America's history, and you just might find yourself voting for McCain/Palin after all.

search my soul? and America's history? If I do that then I find myself even more turned off by McCain and Palin.

History has shown us that with a Republican in the White House our economy is weaker and the middle class suffers.

We've given the Republicans the last 8 years and it's time to stop giving them opportunities to fuck us.

Palin IS a star of the future in the Republican party. I think she has a very good shot at being the candidate they put up against Obama in 2012 when he runs for re-election, it's too bad that this country will be back on track and she'll lose then too. :D

The speech was written for her.

She is a good speaker. Not great by a long shot. Next to Mumbles McCain she looks better than she is.

As for quality of speakers in our time: Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, Obama.

All of these range from great to very good.

Will they now call her an empty pant suit because she did okay as a speaker?

What fukking hypocrisy. Reagan was the great communicator. But Obama can only speak. Nothing to do with the fact that McCain sucks and they have no issues.

Hate to break it to you, but she didn't write those words. McCain's speech writers wrote it for her.

and Obama's speech writers write for him and Biden's speech writers write for him as every president's speech writers wrote for them so what's your point?

Are you really so naive that you think pols actually write their own speeches? Speeches are written by committee and tested by focus groups and then rehearsed. Have you noticed that BHO can't talk when asked a question he didn't know was coming?

A real wizard of uuuhhhhhs he is.

Last edited:
Obama's speaking style is not that different from W's. He's certainly nowhere near the speaker Bill Clinton was.

And GW is not considered to even be in the same league as BHO when intelligence and eloquence is concerned but they have the same speaking style?

Is some of the lipstick rubbing off the pig?

Forum List

Back