Well, I think it's going to be Perry vs. Romney

I'm predicting - as it stands - that if Perry gets the nom he'll beat Obama. A Perry-Romney ticket would be pretty hard to beat...

Interesting. I never thought about them being on the same ticket, for some reason.

Me either...neither seems like they'd be interested in playing second banana.

Although Romney's demeanor does remind me somewhat of George H.W. Bush.

I'm predicting - as it stands - that if Perry gets the nom he'll beat Obama. A Perry-Romney ticket would be pretty hard to beat...

Interesting. I never thought about them being on the same ticket, for some reason.

Me either...neither seems like they'd be interested in playing second banana.

Although Romney's demeanor does remind me somewhat of George H.W. Bush.

Getting the veep can many times mean a good shot at the White House at a later date.

for the republican nomination.

It's WAY to EARLY to say. I would hope that everyone holds their opinion until the entire debates are OVER.

IOW--I wouldn't be looking at who is ahead in the polls right now--we've got a long--long way to go--and we certainly don't want to get caught up in irrational national behavior which is what put Barack Obama in the oval office.

It's best not to make decisions on emotion or polling data-- rather to go with an informed solid basis regarding which candidate you support.

IOW--take your time--we've got lots of time to pick a candidate for the GOP nominee.

Last edited:
I prefer Perry to Romney, but he aint that great IMO. If Romney is the nomination, I will vote third party.

What turns you off about Romney?

1) Mormon.
2) Looks like the guy who lays you off.
3) Checks with a focus group and a pollster before deciding what his views are.
4) Did I mention he's a Mormon?
5) Created ObamaCare
6) For some people, WAS the guy who lays you off!
7) Phony and Robotic
8) Seems to think he can buy the presidency
9) Hypocrite
10) Oh, yeah, and he's a Mormon.

Yeah, that's the GOP right now. Romney's edge on Perry is that Romney is "slicker" in that he tends to say less bombastic things. Romney could easily beat Obama as Romney will steal the moderates and independents.

Perry fires up the base, but says stuff that might turn off the Moderates and Independents. That may no matter though if the economy is bad.

I'd give Perry the lead in getting the nomination, but I think Romney would be the more likely winner in the general.

Oh, come on, really?

Besides the fact the 22% of Americans including 18% of Democrats and 19% of indpendents won't vote for a Mormon according to Gallup, Americans really don't care for "slicker".

Romney would be an awful candidate, which is probably why the MSM isn't doing hit pieces on him they way they are doing hit pieces on Perry, Bachmann, Palin and just about everyone else. YOu are all be corralled into a box canyon, and don't realize it.

Is that a rhetorical question?

As for me, I just can't trust any candidate who profits from exploiting labor.

Then you must love candidates like obama who have never run a company (or anything else before being put into a position he was clearly unqualified for).

Once again, a criticism of Romney is not invalidated by a criticism of Obama.

We are going to be fighting this election purely on the issue of jobs. Of course, if unemployment goes down dramatically, Obama is probably in like Flint. But it probably won't, so we have to fight on that issue.

Now, that said, let's look at the Romney Job Record. The thing is, Romney really is part of the the underlying problem. Firing people to make a few douchebag investors richer.

At AmPad, he went in, closed down a couple factories where they were paying good union wages, took a company with no debt and weighed it down with debt, and then paid himself and his Bain Cronies huge management fees while the company went into bankruptcy.

In short, he did EXACTLY the kind of thing that got us into this mess. Hell, I'd LOVE to be putting together that commerical. The one where you show a shuttered factory and a family saying "Romney just didn't take our jobs, he took our hope!"

On top of that, then you have the stories about how he hired illegal aliens to do the yardwork at one of his four(!) mansions. Yup, nothing gets a guy who is worried about losing his house hearing about a guy who can't even pay a fair wage for yardwork.

Perry, on the other hand, CAN point to a real jobs record. Texas has outperformed the national economy.

I prefer Perry to Romney, but he aint that great IMO. If Romney is the nomination, I will vote third party.

1) Mormon.
5) Created ObamaCare
7) Phony and Robotic
9) Hypocrite

Did you get beat up by a Mormon as a kid or something?

Perry, on the other hand, CAN point to a real jobs record. Texas has outperformed the national economy.

Yup....

tx_Kyns.png

...the nation as a whole added 264,000 government jobs, 2007-10, meaning public-sector jobs added in Texas account for almost half of the nation’s public-sector jobs over these years.
Texas and the Gov’t: Better Friends Than You’d Think

1) Mormon.
5) Created ObamaCare
7) Phony and Robotic
9) Hypocrite

No, but I did meet some as a young man that convinced me they were fascist pondscum in white shirts.

Sorry, man, just can't respect a cult started by a two-bit con man who wanted to pork 14 year old girls.

The difference between Joseph Smith and David Koresh?

Original and Extra Crispy.

Yup....

tx_Kyns.png

...the nation as a whole added 264,000 government jobs, 2007-10, meaning public-sector jobs added in Texas account for almost half of the nation’s public-sector jobs over these years.

YOu can post all the BS posts you want.. and cherry pick the data, but the fact is, Texas has produced 40% of the new jobs created in this "recovery", has a lower unemployment rate than the rest of the country.

I would Take Perry's job creation record any day over Romney's or Obama's. (See how interchangeable they are?)

Yup....

tx_Kyns.png

YOu can post all the BS posts you want.. and cherry pick the data, but the fact is, Texas has produced 40% of the new jobs created in this "recovery", has a lower unemployment rate than the rest of the country.

I would Take Perry's job creation record any day over Romney's or Obama's. (See how interchangeable they are?)

And YOU can call it BS all you want, but the fact that public sector employment in the state rose while private sector employment shrunk kinda undercuts a lot of his anti-government ranting, dontcha think?

And YOU can call it BS all you want, but the fact that public sector employment in the state rose while private sector employment shrunk kinda undercuts a lot of his anti-government ranting, dontcha think?

Why are you leaving anything before 2007 or after 2010 out of the equation. It strikes me you are CHERRY PICKING the years that best make your otherwise lame argument.

(Or more specifically, the person you are parroting is...)

The private sector shrank EVERYWHERE between 2007 and 2010. My company only employs about 2/3rd the people it employed when I started there in 2008. At least Perry is growing jobs. Can't say that for the rest of the country.

1) Mormon.
5) Created ObamaCare
7) Phony and Robotic
9) Hypocrite

No, but I did meet some as a young man that convinced me they were fascist pondscum in white shirts.

Sorry, man, just can't respect a cult started by a two-bit con man who wanted to pork 14 year old girls.

As I thought, you're just another dime a dozen bigot. Congratulations.

As I thought, you're just another dime a dozen bigot. Congratulations.

No, man, a bigot has IRRATIONAL hatred of people.

I hate Mormons for totally valid reason. They belong to a crazy cult that would impose fascism on this country (seriously, it's in the "Doctrines and Covenants" to turn America into Theocracy).

Fact is, 1/5th of REPUBLICANS won't vote for a Mormon. That's why they are soooo anxious on the left to have Romney as the nominee.

When he gets the nomination, then we are going to get treated to all sorts of stories about Magic Underwear, the Planet Kolob, Blood Atonement, Spirit Children, the Mountain Meadows Massacre and all the other crazy stuff Mormons believe.

And when Obama cruises to a second term, you guys will wonder why.

[ closed down a couple factories where they were paying good union wages.

Ah, there we go. Now I SEIU where your real motivation stems from. Did Hoffa tell you to go get them Mormons?

I'm against Public Sector unions, because they go on strike against us.

But I think that the private sector should be unionized, to make sure the profits of a enterprise are fairly distributed.

The decline of the American Middle Class can be DIRECTLY correlated to the decline of private sector unions. Absolutely. I put part of the blame on unions themselves, because they've been very short sighted. But I also put the blame on people like Romney who destroy middle class jobs to make the rich richer. A society where you only have the very rich and the very poor never ends well for anyone.

Forum List

Back