Well, I think it's going to be Perry vs. Romney

Go educate yourself on our electoral system, idiot. And no one is buying the "I'm a Republican too! Now you must listen to me tell you why 'we' are wrong!" bullcrap. That is a tired old act.

I've educated myself. It's a PROFOUNDLY stupid system and when I go to other countries on business, I frequently find myself explaining the stupidity of it to non-Americans.

Al Gore got more votes. Didn't vote for him, but the fact is, he got more votes. Probably got more votes in Florida, too.

Four times in our history has some clown said, "I won the electoral college, even though I lost the popular vote!"

In all those cases, they were pretty awful presidents who did real damage.

We really need to scrap this system.

But my main point was, the GOP has become this party for the people who lay you off. That's why they lose elections, even if the Democrats they run against are kind of numbnuts. Come on, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama. No way these clowns EVER should have gotten more votes if too many people weren't rightfully suspicious of a GOP that seems to put the interest of EvilCorp over Mom and Dad.

Yet four out of five times, they did get more votes, and the only reason Kerry got less was because it was a war and you don't change presidents in the middle of a war.

No Republican presidental candidate can win the GOP nomination without the support of the Tea Party - so Romney, the only candidate that could challenge Obama is out!

No Republican presidential nominee endorsed by the Tea Party, is positioned to attract the moderate swing vote, necessary to win the election - so Perry, Paul and Bachmann are out!

As demonstrated by John Boehner's recent inability to exert control over the Tea Party in the House, the GOP will continue to be held hostage by its own conservative wing - therefore it will be unable to a nominate a presidential candidate with a broad enough political base have any chance of winning in 2012.

I think that's kind of delusional.

Romney would be the worst candidate the GOP could run. Weird religion, fake persona, no firm convictions, kind of robotic, made his money screwing working folks. Obama must be masturbating at the thought of having to run against that guy.

Perry could trounce Obama, if the establishment of the GOP could get over itself and get behind him, but it probably won't. He's too "working class" for them.

You see, oddly enough, the GOP and Democrats are a lot alike. They both go to the same Ivy League schools and think they are better than the rest of us.

[ (sorry, guys, we lost in 2000. Deal with it.) .

your reality-altering powers are not working. In this universe you are wrong.

And would you give it up already with the "we" bit? Who do you think you are fooling?

guy, it's a basic fact. Al gore got more votes in 2000 than george w. Bush did.

This is established, historical fact. We lost the election. Only because we have this bizarre 18th century anachronism and some compliant judges willing to bend the law did we get this guy as a president.

I'll admit. I'm not your kind of republican.

I'm not the one who votes for the guy because he belongs to the right country club.

I'm not the one who votes for a retreaded loser because it's "his turn" and he's run once before. (seriously, if romney sucked in 2008, what's changed in the last three years?)

i'm not one who votes republican because i think it's just nifty that they've made it easier for big corporations to screw over working people. And neither are most republicans, really.

My guess is your sort of republican will push romney on the electorate, and then wonder why obama beat him with a limp economy.

oh but you will vote for the most liberal candidate

Go educate yourself on our electoral system, idiot. And no one is buying the "I'm a Republican too! Now you must listen to me tell you why 'we' are wrong!" bullcrap. That is a tired old act.

I've educated myself. It's a PROFOUNDLY stupid system and when I go to other countries on business, I frequently find myself explaining the stupidity of it to non-Americans.

Al Gore got more votes. Didn't vote for him, but the fact is, he got more votes. Probably got more votes in Florida, too.

Four times in our history has some clown said, "I won the electoral college, even though I lost the popular vote!"

If it weren't for the electoral college, the Eastern states would decide every election.

We are the United States for a reason...we are states that are united.

The electoral college ensures that each state has a say in deciding who will lead the country.

I've educated myself.

Oh yeah, you sound highly educated with your profound "it's stupid!" whine. Next time you find yourself in another country on business (you know, one of those countries with a really GOOD electoral system), do everyone a favor and stay there. We'll still have enough ignorant whiners without you and your false persona and absurd revisionisms. What we need to scrap is you. The bit about "kerry woulda won but..." was just the cherry on your stupidity sundae.

If it weren't for the electoral college, the Eastern states would decide every election.

The electoral college ensures that each state has a say in deciding who will lead the country.

He won't understand that because his education on the subject is limited to squealing "it's stupid!"

I hope not. Perry strikes me as Obama light and slightly more competent. Which is a bigger hazard.

Both of these guys will loose to Obama, as they really don't have that much distance from him.

My guess is your sort of republican will push romney on the electorate, and then wonder why obama beat him with a limp economy.

oh but you will vote for the most liberal candidate

Obama and Romney are both big government liberals.

Do you really think Romney is going to dismantle ObamaCare? unlikely.

The difference is, Obama doesn't belong to a crazy religion I despise, so yeah, given a choice between those two liberals, I'd vote for the non-Mormon liberal.

Romney would be the worst candidate the GOP could run.

Oh yeah, you're a real political scientist there, Mr. Fake Republican.

ABC News/Washington Post Poll: Romney Beats Economy Battered Obama | The Moderate Voice

Do you honestly not realize how obvious you are?

Okay, let's look at that.. You had to go all the way back to June to find a poll that supports your position. That same poll now shows Obama beating Romney.

Here's Real Clear Politics, and all polls with Romney vs. Obama.

RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Nine Polls, 7 show Obama beating the Android from Kolob, one shows them tied, and one (Rasmussen) shows Romney leading by one point with nearly 20% undecided. Now keep in mind, Romney's been the "frontrunner" for a long time now.

And this is before the MSM and the Obama campaign get about reminding us all of Romney's "Weird" (read MORMON) aspects, which they are just itching to do after he secures the nomination.

Remember when they say "Weird", they'll mean Mormon. Not that those words aren't pretty much interchangeable.

Actually, it does the opposite of that. In a close election, a lot of states are ignored.

I live in Illinois. IN 2008, neither candidate spent any real time or money here. They both figured it was Obama's home state, and he was going to win it with ease. They didn't spend a lot of time in NY, TX, CA either. All the money got spent in places like Iowa, Florida, Virginia, etc.

In fact, the only states that counted were the "swing states", not the states that were clearly blue or red. So the actual election was only fought in about 10 states last time.

But beyond that, on the very principle, the guy who gets the most votes should win. That's only reasonable and fair. A situation where a guy got a half a million votes less, but only won because his brother was governor of a key state and pulled all sorts of shennanigans to eek out a razor thin win, well, that's nuts.

I myself love political polls however, right now its a waste of time to even go there.

Romney is the closest thing the GOP has to a stateman, thats how I see it. I just cant see a Texan winning again, not when Bush was just in office not that long ago.

As a democrat, I like Romney and right now im 50/50 between him and Obama. If Romeny ever embraces the HC program he owns, I may vote for him.

Last edited:
I myself love political polls however, right now its a waste of time to even go there.

Romney is the closest thing the GOP ha to a stateman, thats how I see it. I just cant see a Texan winning again, not when Bush was just in office not that long ago.

As a democrat, I like Romney and right now im 50/50 between him and Obama. If Romeny ever embraces the HC program he owns, I may vote for him.

and isn't that the problem with Romney.

He's a "Republican" a Democrat could vote for...

Sorry, I don't see Romney as a statesman. I see Romney as a spoiled rich guy who never got a speck of dirt under his fingernails in his life.

And honestly, the only people upset about Texas are people suffering from "Bush Derangement Syndrome". After three years of Obama making everything worse, most people would LOVE to go back to the Bush years.

who cares if he ever had dirt under his nails? really has zero to do with running the gov. See, Obama relys on the system in place and you see where that has got him. in neutral. I like that Romeny has a certain background that tells me hes not a right wing wackadoo.

IM very upset at this congress and hope they come back from a much needed vacation ready to help the POTUS get some work done. Im getting sick of this gridlock nonsense.

BTW, im overseas and don't pay attention as much as I would like. AFN is my main source of news.

who cares if he ever had dirt under his nails? really has zero to do with running the gov. See, Obama relys on the system in place and you see where that has got him. in neutral. I like that Romeny has a certain background that tells me hes not a right wing wackadoo.

IM very upset at this congress and hope they come back from a much needed vacation ready to help the POTUS get some work done. Im getting sick of this gridlock nonsense.

BTW, im overseas and don't pay attention as much as I would like. AFN is my main source of news.

Well, if you were here, you'd see that the best thing Congress does is keep this idiot Obama from doing any more damage.

Romney is a Mormon. If you want to talk about Whackadoos, you don't get much more whackadoo than that.

He's thinks he's wearing Magic Underwear.

He thinks he's going to rule a planet of spirit children in the afterlife.

He believes Jesus appeared to Native Americans, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet whom God told to bang 14 year old girls.

how can it be Obama's fault when its Congresses job to pass legislation???? this I need to know.

lol@ magic underwear. Tim Tebow must have sold them!

what I saw was Obama, Bohner and McConnell agreeing on a nice package that moved us forward. albeit, a slow move. Still, a move towards where we need to be. how did we not end up with this package??? If Obama the speaker and the minority leader in the Senate all agreed, wtf was the problem?

Last edited:
[

The difference is, Obama doesn't belong to a crazy religion I despise, so yeah, given a choice between those two liberals, I'd vote for the non-Mormon liberal.

Well, the bigot vote is in.

It's always amusing when Democrats pretend to be political analysts and can wisely predict who Republicans will vote for (of course, this is a respite from their typical mockery and judgment).

Romney's not going to win the nomination simply because he's not going to get the states that reliably vote Republican. The South sees Romney as an upper-crust, New England Republican (which is basically what he is). Democrats disgruntled with Obama may show up to vote for him, but he'll have the same issue McCain had in rallying the base writ-large and getting donations.

[

Well, the bigot vote is in.

Must be a lot of "bigots" out there, then.

Bad News For Mitt Romney: 22% Of Americans Won

A new Gallup poll released today found that 22% of Americans say that they would not vote for a presidential candidate if he/she is a Mormon.

The Gallup poll found that American voters’ bias against Mormon candidates remains steady. Twenty two percent of those surveyed said that they would not vote for a Mormon presidential candidate. The bias is steady across all party lines. Eighteen percent of Republicans, 19% of Independents, and 27% of Democratic respondents said that they would not vote for a Mormon.

Now consider that. 18% of the base will not vote for your guy if he belongs to that religion.

You can whine about 'bigotry' all day (although you have yet to debunk any of my objections to Mormonism), but the fact is, you aren't going to change the minds of 22% of the electorate by screaming "BIGOT!" at them.

I actually suspect that the 22% number is probably low. The real number is going to be a lot higher because a few people are actually intimidated enough to lie to a pollster, but won't change their mind in a voting booth. A few people don't hate Mormons because they don't realize how batshit crazy and weird their beliefs are. The MSM will be HAPPY to educate them, AFTER Romney gets the nomination.

Qball has it all figured out it seems.

k, I need to know who wins the FSU vs. Okie game on Sept 17th in Tallahassee. Please and thank you.

Forum List

Back