Well , he signed the NDAA

Well the dem senate passed it, the dem reps voted yes, and he signed it, so apparently not nearly enough.

You can't pin this all on the dems, the Republicans voted for it too.

And dem or Rep, anyone who didn't try to remove that bit, should be deeply ashamed.

I'm hoping for ritualistic suicide. Maybe lock themselves in a bus and light it on fire.

Many of the lefty partisans on here are laying ALL of this on the GOP. They are also giving Obama a hall pass even though without his signature, this never happens.

The NDAA laid out the budget for the military for the year so if Obama vetoed it then the military would have no budget while Congress tried to revise it. It would be political suicide.

I'm waiting to see if Obama tries to get that portion ruled unconstitutional or uses the new powers. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I make no excuses for the Congress Dems who didn't try to stop that bit of the bill, and neither should anyone else.

You can't pin this all on the dems, the Republicans voted for it too.

And dem or Rep, anyone who didn't try to remove that bit, should be deeply ashamed.

I'm hoping for ritualistic suicide. Maybe lock themselves in a bus and light it on fire.

Many of the lefty partisans on here are laying ALL of this on the GOP. They are also giving Obama a hall pass even though without his signature, this never happens.

The NDAA laid out the budget for the military for the year so if Obama vetoed it then the military would have no budget while Congress tried to revise it. It would be political suicide.

I'm waiting to see if Obama tries to get that portion ruled unconstitutional or uses the new powers. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I make no excuses for the Congress Dems who didn't try to stop that bit of the bill, and neither should anyone else.
What if that had written in that law suspension of the bill of rights effective Jan 1 2012 would you still say that?

I'm so sick of you damn idiots complaining about this stuff! So please just STFU! Big Brother loves you so fucking much that he has to take your rights to protect your rights. Why can't you assholes understand that? It's for your own fucking good damn it! You should actually drop to your knees and kiss Big Brother's feet for helping you this way. So just STFU or i'm tellin! I mean it.

What if that had written in that law suspension of the bill of rights effective Jan 1 2012 would you still say that?

Good point.

Good point.

But he can't do that. The Bill of Rights are Constitutional amendments that cannot be rescinded by anything short of Constitutional amendments rescinding each one passed by super majorities of both houses of Congress and ratified by the various states.

A new law, however, is fully within the prerogative of Congress and the President. It can be challenged as unconstitutional which is determined by the courts, but given the fairly large majority of both houses in Congress who passed it, I doubt that it will be overturned on Constitutional grounds.

Fuckin losers! Don't even know how much Big Brother fucking loves them. If he didn't love them so much,he wouldn't be taking their rights to protect their rights. But he is taking their rights. That's how much he fucking loves them. But all they can do is bitch & complain. They should be kissing Big Brother's ass. I can't fucking wait till this NDAA gets rid of these people. I'm so sick of their complaining.

Good point.

But he can't do that. The Bill of Rights are Constitutional amendments that cannot be rescinded by anything short of Constitutional amendments rescinding each one passed by super majorities of both houses of Congress and ratified by the various states.

A new law, however, is fully within the prerogative of Congress and the President. It can be challenged as unconstitutional which is determined by the courts, but given the fairly large majority of both houses in Congress who passed it, I doubt that it will be overturned on Constitutional grounds.

He just suspended the fourth and 14th and the fifth due process how much do you need?

Good point.

He just suspended the fourth and 14th and the fifth due process how much do you need?

liar.

Show how this...
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
has been suspended.

Things are about to get ugly people. You Obama supporters just say one thing against this country and you to might be detained!!! Wonder how you will feel about him if you or one of your family members gets in trouble for free speech! BREAKING: Obama Signs Homeland Battlefield Bill Into Law

I don't know if you're aware of it or not, but the US gov't has been imprisoning some Americans without a trial, and without official charges, and without allowing them to exercise their Constitutional due process rights since Bush was president.

liar.

Show how this...
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
has been suspended.

Let's you and me meet and settle this shit? what do you say?

A... way to avoid answering the question, dipstick. Got no actual proof, so you avoid the response. Typical; of you.

B... ohhhhhh an internet threat. I'm so totally scared :rofl:

ea34dd13_Uncle20Sam20I20Want20You_1.jpg

To STFU or you'll be indefinitely detained!

Mike how can it be upheld to override the constitution?
I don't have the legal skills needed to comprehend the intricacies and explain them to you. But you might wish to read what Jonathan Turley and Naomi Wolff have to say about it. They are legal scholars -- and both are Liberal Democrats.

Jonathan Turley: The NDAA's Historic Assault on American Liberty - Democratic Underground

How Congress is Signing its own Arrest Warrants in the NDAA Citizen Arrest bill | Naomi Wolf

What I know is Obama let BushCo off the hook, which ensures the same kind of criminality in the future. And while Obama won't misuse the powers inherent by the Patriot Act, and now this NDAA, what about the future?

As to how it can override the Constitution; how did they do it in Jose Padilla's case?

Mike how can it be upheld to override the constitution?
I don't have the legal skills needed to comprehend the intricacies and explain them to you. But you might wish to read what Jonathan Turley and Naomi Wolff have to say about it. They are legal scholars -- and both are Liberal Democrats.

Jonathan Turley: The NDAA's Historic Assault on American Liberty - Democratic Underground

How Congress is Signing its own Arrest Warrants in the NDAA Citizen Arrest bill | Naomi Wolf

What I know is Obama let BushCo off the hook, which ensures the same kind of criminality in the future. And while Obama won't misuse the powers inherent by the Patriot Act, and now this NDAA, what about the future?

As to how it can override the Constitution; how did they do it in Jose Padilla's case?

No way man! They're fringe whack jobs like Ron Paul. Real, red-blooded 'liberal Democrats' love war and the police state just as much as their Republican brethren.

Forum List

Back