Welfare recipients take out cash at strip clubs, liquor stores and X-rated shops

Poor people shouldn't be allowed to have a "good time" while they're on the dole. Or smile too much. They should be solemnly subservient to genuine taxpayers, and avert their eyes as a sign of respect.

We could save a lot of money and grief if instead of a million different welfare programs that pay for this or for that, we just had one. If you qualify you get a monthly "check" use this money for whatever you want no one else's business.

If you use it at strip clubs rather than to eat, good you'll die of starvation sooner and be off the dole.

I really don't see how this has not occurred to more people.

No check or any cash.
Give them food at surplus areas, not retail delivery.
Once they get tired of stale bread, cheese, vegetables and fruit they will find a job and work like the rest of us for their $$$.

Poor people shouldn't be allowed to have a "good time" while they're on the dole. Or smile too much. They should be solemnly subservient to genuine taxpayers, and avert their eyes as a sign of respect.

They should have to turn around and say thank you to the citizen behind them at the grocery store when they get free food.
They have cash for the dog food, beer and smokes.

They don't have to claim all of their tips.. Who can prove otherwise how much they took in? NO ONE. Most service industry employee's who work for tips know they don't have to claim all them.

All the waitresses I know have to claim at least 10% of their income in tips. This is really bad when some places like Denny's they don't tip much at all.

As far as I know, the only law is that companies must file a form which reports tips of at least 8% of revenue.

Technically speaking, 100% of tips SHOULD be reported as income for tax purposes, but you would have to prove that tips were earned and not paid, very hard to do.

Bad law as many get less than 8% in tips.
Had dinner with friends last week and one dude leaves a $3 tip for a $55 tab.
Especially bad in the cities as those folks never tip.

Did you read the story? The big expose at the bottom shows the clubs and how many transactions they found at each. Most were in the neighborhood of three charges in a year for a total of a few hundred bucks

God damn executives will write off thousands of dollars at a strip club and charge it to the tax payers

Writing off expenses does not make the taxpayer pay a cent. That is a liberal myth.
When a business writes off an expense all that means is they do not have to pay taxes on that $$$ and that is limited to 50% of the expense now.
And that $$$ is the executives' $$ anyway, not the taxpayer's $$$.

How many transactions out of 200 million did they audit?
Ten thousand? 1 million?
"found dozens of clubs" in 1 small area of a large country.
So 4 dozen times 10,000 cities.
The big problem is the Democrats will not even address and end this.

So, businesses don't pay taxes on the money they spend in titty bars.

Just as bad as someone blowing their welfare money on lap dances

Democrats wrote the tax laws. We want them replaced with Fair Tax.
Blame them.

They should have to turn around and say thank you to the citizen behind them at the grocery store when they get free food.

Now I actually could get behind that kind of requirement. But only because it would be completely hilarious! :D

Is there welfare fraud - yes. How much? Studies routinely show that it's less than 1%. The conservatives, who really don't understand the value of a $ would set up a large, expensive auti-fraud unit and root out those who are spending taxpayers' money in frivolous ways. In every jurisdiction where this has been done, the cost of the anti-fraud unit was more than the fraud it uncovered.

I'm more concerned about large-scale corporate welfare. Like the amount of subsidies paid out in food stamps to their employees for large corporate employers.

Is there welfare fraud - yes. How much? Studies routinely show that it's less than 1%. The conservatives, who really don't understand the value of a $ would set up a large, expensive auti-fraud unit and root out those who are spending taxpayers' money in frivolous ways. In every jurisdiction where this has been done, the cost of the anti-fraud unit was more than the fraud it uncovered.

I'm more concerned about large-scale corporate welfare. Like the amount of subsidies paid out in food stamps to their employees for large corporate employers.

TOTAL BS.
Welfare fraud 1%. What a joke that is. You have no studies to prove that so quit the BS.
The food stamp program is rampant with fraud.
Public Housing is full of fraud. Section 8 you are not supposed to allow other relatives to live in that but that is rampant.
Same with free lunch program as no state wants thorough audits on that as it decreases funding.
Corporate welfare. Another myth.
Allowing companies to keep the $$ they make is not welfare.

Corporate welfare is a fact. Many corporations receive grants, earned income credits, etc. Very few large corporations pay anywhere close to the 35% corporate taxes. Only small corporations get stuck with the 35% rate.

Large corporations owe a huge debt to the countries which supply the infrastructure and educated pool of employees, and a stable economy in which to function. There are many huge multi-nationals which pay no income tax - like Monsanto, which also sues farmers into bankruptcy if they dare harvest seeds from their crops and not re-purchase from Monsanto the follow year.

Conservatives are always big on chasing down welfare cheats, while looking the other way when Walmart's minimum wage employees get food stamps. My boss used to have a great expression for that. He called it "Picking up the peanuts while being trampled by the elephants".

Shades of Reagan's tale of the "welfare queen" who picked up her food stamps in her Cadillac.
Rupert Murdoch needs some new material.

Corporate welfare is a fact. Many corporations receive grants, earned income credits, etc. Very few large corporations pay anywhere close to the 35% corporate taxes. Only small corporations get stuck with the 35% rate.

Large corporations owe a huge debt to the countries which supply the infrastructure and educated pool of employees, and a stable economy in which to function. There are many huge multi-nationals which pay no income tax - like Monsanto, which also sues farmers into bankruptcy if they dare harvest seeds from their crops and not re-purchase from Monsanto the follow year.

Conservatives are always big on chasing down welfare cheats, while looking the other way when Walmart's minimum wage employees get food stamps. My boss used to have a great expression for that. He called it "Picking up the peanuts while being trampled by the elephants".

Grants and EIC to corporations are not welfare.
Corporations PAY TAXES AND PROVIDE JOBS.
How many poor people have given you a job?
How many pay income taxes.
Anti capitalism is alive and well in the Obamabot world.

I'm fine with states baring ATMs at those locations, and many have.

Although it seems you've completely overlooked the possibility that strippers, and liquor store employees are using the closest ATM to their job to withdraw cash.

Would be better if they could block those cards from being used at those locations.
Why punish the people who provide the ATM's and the people who work hard and stop
in for a drink and a little recreation at the nudie bar.

It bothers me when we start banning shit that affect people that don't break laws or game the system.

Although it seems you've completely overlooked the possibility that strippers, and liquor store employees are using the closest ATM to their job to withdraw cash.

Would be better if they could block those cards from being used at those locations.
Why punish the people who provide the ATM's and the people who work hard and stop

It bothers me when we start banning shit that affect people that don't break laws or game the system.

Would be better if we distributed the food on the bulk non retail level.
We could do it and deliver the same food almost for half the cost.
The grocery lobby wrote the food stamp bill and donates to those that keep it going.

Actually there is no technical reason to bar ATM's at those locations. That whole thing could be handled on the server side. The transaction management database has a table that contains each and every ATM installed and it's location (this wouldn't be new it already exists as the server has to know which ATM it's communicating with) plus other pertinent data. Once of the properties in the server table for each ATM would be a flag "EBT Eligible" (Yes or No).

If the server receives a transaction request for an ATM and it is an EBT transaction, the transaction management database checks the EBT validity flag for that location. If it's "Yes", the transaction is process, if "No" the transaction is rejected.

Probably a few thousand dollars for the code change (programmer time and table updates). Then after that there are no ongoing costs over and above what is normally required to maintain the ATM's anyway.

Transactions are properly managed, nudie bars can still have ATMs. A win/win.

>>>>

I don't know if it's Libs or righties....

Let's step into the way back machine for a minute....

Looking back.

A few people didn't like Howard Stern... solution.Take Howard off the radio.
A few people didn't like Married with Children on Fox.. solution take the show off the air.
People don't like Rush,Hannity or the rest of the Fox lineup...solution take them off the air.
Gun violence...take guns away,take violent video games and movies away....

Who makes these decisions?...

The left wingers.
The evangelicals.

I don't know if it's Libs or righties....

Let's step into the way back machine for a minute....

Looking back.

A few people didn't like Married with Children on Fox.. solution take the show off the air.
People don't like Rush,Hannity or the rest of the Fox lineup...solution take them off the air.

The left wingers.
The evangelicals.

And Barry Goldwater despised them both.

The left wingers.
The evangelicals.

Howard Stern is still on the radio - he signed a multi-million dollar contract with Sirius Satellite Radio.

Married With Children had an 11 year run - making it one of the longest-running sitcoms in TV history. Every series ends.

Rush, Hannity and the rest of the Fox line-up are still on the air.

No one has taken away, guns, violent video games, or movies.

What exactly is your point?

Forum List

Back