Welfare Or The Alternatives?

As human beings, I believe its shameful that we turn our backs on the less fortunate. And for those who care only about money, feeding, housing, free birth control, readily available abortion would cost less than welfare and be more humane.

Sadly, most RWs are more concerned with punishing victims and playing victim themselves to actually care about other people. "Workhouses", "let nature take care of them" (IOW, starve to death).

And, many will tell you they're "christians" - the same sort who whine about a war on xmas.

10404416_387092648115587_3789556038529963983_n.jpg
I agree. We have many that are so inhumane and self-centered, that the poor and less fortunate are some sort of ill or a sore on society. Yes, we do have the heartless and cruel among us. I have a hard time understanding how anyone could turn their backs to the needy. I also agree that many claim to be a Christian, but in reality, are lower than the devil himself. We have many phony Christians, especially the church going goody-goodies.

It is Thursday in Dallas GA.

Time for people to be at work.

Now, go out and take a short drive around town as people go to work.

Take another one around 2pm, as the day warms up, and look at all the able bodied young people doing NOTHING.

You didn't see them this morning, they were all asleep as the "suckas" went to work.

They were the little kids you feel for, not long ago.

It is time to do things differently.

Professional victimization is just paying too well.
Yes, as I've already said, some do take advantage of the system. It's true that some abuse welfare, and put more effort into cheating the system than they put into being self-supporting. Yes, it's Thursday here in Dallas Ga. We have very few non-workers here, which is very unusual compared to most places. Yes, the streets are busy all during the day, especially on work days. I admit that we do have the slackers, the lazy, the moochers, and the abusers. But, in my opinion, they make up a small percentage of those the genuinely need assistance. Welfare is needed, and it is important that we remember that we're human and not cold blooded and uncaring. We can't throw a blanket over the whole lot and classify all by what a few do.

Welfare is an occupation to many.

As for the children, they would not be here if we did not subsidize their mothers.

We never end poverty until we get a grip on poor children having poor children.

That involves mandatory birth control for those who cannot care for their children, and criminalizing workshy behaviour.

Sound harsh??

Learning Chinese sounds harsher.
As human beings, I believe its shameful that we turn our backs on the less fortunate. And for those who care only about money, feeding, housing, free birth control, readily available abortion would cost less than welfare and be more humane.

Sadly, most RWs are more concerned with punishing victims and playing victim themselves to actually care about other people. "Workhouses", "let nature take care of them" (IOW, starve to death).

And, many will tell you they're "christians" - the same sort who whine about a war on xmas.

10404416_387092648115587_3789556038529963983_n.jpg
I agree. We have many that are so inhumane and self-centered, that the poor and less fortunate are some sort of ill or a sore on society. Yes, we do have the heartless and cruel among us. I have a hard time understanding how anyone could turn their backs to the needy. I also agree that many claim to be a Christian, but in reality, are lower than the devil himself. We have many phony Christians, especially the church going goody-goodies.

Take another one around 2pm, as the day warms up, and look at all the able bodied young people doing NOTHING.

You didn't see them this morning, they were all asleep as the "suckas" went to work.

Yes, as I've already said, some do take advantage of the system. It's true that some abuse welfare, and put more effort into cheating the system than they put into being self-supporting. Yes, it's Thursday here in Dallas Ga. We have very few non-workers here, which is very unusual compared to most places. Yes, the streets are busy all during the day, especially on work days. I admit that we do have the slackers, the lazy, the moochers, and the abusers. But, in my opinion, they make up a small percentage of those the genuinely need assistance. Welfare is needed, and it is important that we remember that we're human and not cold blooded and uncaring. We can't throw a blanket over the whole lot and classify all by what a few do.

As for the children, they would not be here if we did not subsidize their mothers.

That involves mandatory birth control for those who cannot care for their children, and criminalizing workshy behaviour.

Sound harsh??

Yes, there are exceptions, I agree. But, what about the majority that really need assistance?

I do not believe they are the majority, but, they are getting the assistance already.

Meanwhile, China, with mandatory birth control and a HARSH policy toward the workshy, is about to make us a Third World hellhole.

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

Yes, there are exceptions, I agree. But, what about the majority that really need assistance?

I do not believe they are the majority, but, they are getting the assistance already.

Meanwhile, China, with mandatory birth control and a HARSH policy toward the workshy, is about to make us a Third World hellhole.

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

We'll be a third world country anyway with everything like it is.

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

I was raised in Louisiana, THIRD WORLD PROUD!

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

I lived in Louisiana for 10 years. I loved it there. I really enjoyed my time there.

You cant make welfare easier than working.
If you're physically able you would have a set amount of time on the dole allowing you to rectify your current situation without supervision.
If you fail to find work in your allotted time,you will be put on work crews and do menial jobs for the state,city or county.

You cant make welfare easier than working.
If you're physically able you would have a set amount of time on the dole allowing you to rectify your current situation without supervision.
If you fail to find work in your allotted time,you will be put on work crews and do menial jobs for the state,city or county.
That menial work should include some retraining time.

Other than that, I am all for the able bodied working for the state.

Like in Progressive places like China.

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

Sound harsh??

I lived in Louisiana for 10 years. I loved it there. I really enjoyed my time there.

Nothing like the South.

Going to Georgia and looking for a new place, first of the year.

I get antsy in one place, and for the first time in many, many years, I only have one house.

I can't deal with that, I have to move around every 4-6 weeks, or I get stir crazy.

Which I am now.

Leaving as soon as the dishwasher runs, and I get hot water again!!!

Work programs, FDR style.

NO able bodied person should be allowed to draw any welfare benefit as long as 10-15 million illegals can find work here.

Fifty years of the "War on Poverty" that has paid people to lay around and fuck has led to this "Great Society" so full of the problems you bemoan.

We need a new policy.

The truly disabled, mentally and physically, should be taken care of.

The able bodied chronically unemployed/unemployable should be given a choice, enter a WPA/CCA type training program, and earn a check while you are being trained to become productive, or, starve.

Work has been a requirement for welfare since 1996. Today, HALF of all people on welfare have jobs that don't pay a living wage which would actually get them off of welfare. The other half are the kids, the disabled, the elderly, those that really need it in other words and can't work.

Nothing like the South.

Going to Georgia and looking for a new place, first of the year.

I get antsy in one place, and for the first time in many, many years, I only have one house.

I can't deal with that, I have to move around every 4-6 weeks, or I get stir crazy.

Which I am now.

Leaving as soon as the dishwasher runs, and I get hot water again!!!
Georgia is not too bad, there are worse places to live. I've been here since 1987 and have done OK. You'll be welcomed here.

The only practical alternative to welfare is mandating a living wage as minimum wage. There is no reason in the world why a person who gets up and goes to work everyday like everyone else should have to rely on government subsidies for basic living expenses. Paying workers a living wage would have the added bonus of job creation as those workers now become regular consumers creating badly needed market liquidity.

Forum List

Back