Welfare Abusers in 12 States Just Got Some Brutal Bad News

The left bitched because only a small percent of people tested positive. What they don't point out is that only a small percent of NEW APPLICANTS were even tested. All it means is that there are some really stupid people who knew they'd be subjected to a test and still did drugs.

If all recipients were subjected to random testing, the same way military and companies do with their people, we'd see higher numbers. Alcoholism should be watched for as well since I am sure all agree that abusers should not be responsible for children.

So, you want to remove children from all alcoholic homes?

Gee, is that unreasonable to expect those subject to black outs and irrational behavior to take proper care of children? I guess you haven't seen how horrible it is for children to be in dysfunctional homes where alcoholics or drug abusers make life hell.

I think states should closely monitor how the money is spent by keeping track of where EBT cards are used. When I get my credit statement, I know where I made purchases. There should be a list of approved places that carry things a family actually needs. Purchases made at liquor stories, tattoo parlors or other places should send up red flags and the person should be penalized. Either have the amount of money wasted on non-essentials deducted from the monthly amount or make them pay back every penny of wasted funds.

Those drug tests make conservatives feel good but they yield painfully few violators

A waste of taxpayer dollars

Lets put it to the test and find out

-Geaux

It has already been tested.

It is a waste of money.

Will corporate welfare beneficiaries also have to be tested?

How much money is government wasting on routine drug testing for troops?

Don't know. Not the topic.

The left bitched because only a small percent of people tested positive. What they don't point out is that only a small percent of NEW APPLICANTS were even tested. All it means is that there are some really stupid people who knew they'd be subjected to a test and still did drugs.

If all recipients were subjected to random testing, the same way military and companies do with their people, we'd see higher numbers. Alcoholism should be watched for as well since I am sure all agree that abusers should not be responsible for children.

Gee, is that unreasonable to expect those subject to black outs and irrational behavior to take proper care of children? I guess you haven't seen how horrible it is for children to be in dysfunctional homes where alcoholics or drug abusers make life hell.

You don't need to get all defensive. I was just wanting you to clarify. I agree that children of alcoholics have it pretty tough, however, some alcoholics a very functional, hold down jobs, go to church, etc... It's the same with drug users.

Which ones (children) do you want to remove and where do you want to put them?

Those drug tests make conservatives feel good but they yield painfully few violators

-Geaux

It is a waste of money.

Same thing, idiot. It's about government having a legitimate reason to spend the money on drug testing or not. Troops would face charges, get dishonorably discharged and lose all benefits. But, if people who do drugs want something for nothing, no questions asked. And they continue with the important job of caring for children.

-Geaux

It is a waste of money.

Our Government is the ones giving them the drugs. LOL!

You don't need to get all defensive. I was just wanting you to clarify. I agree that children of alcoholics have it pretty tough, however, some alcoholics a very functional, hold down jobs, go to church, etc... It's the same with drug users.

Dysfunctional people will have problems that have been evident to teachers, neighbors, relatives and even doctors or emergency rooms. If there is evidence of problems, children need to be removed until parent undergoes rehab. Orphanages are better than lousy parents if no relatives are available.

-Geaux

It is a waste of money.

Same thing, idiot. It's about government having a legitimate reason to spend the money on drug testing or not. Troops would face charges, get dishonorably discharged and lose all benefits. But, if people who do drugs want something for nothing, no questions asked. And they continue with the important job of caring for children.

You need to calm yourself down, Mr or Mrs Clementine

Dysfunctional people will have problems that have been evident to teachers, neighbors, relatives and even doctors or emergency rooms. If there is evidence of problems, children need to be removed until parent undergoes rehab. Orphanages are better than lousy parents if no relatives are available.

Are you willing to pay higher taxes to fund all the necessary rehab centers?

I support this

Lets get it expanded to cover all 50 states

-Geaux

In most states, people collecting welfare can “earn” more money than if they worked full time at a minimum wage job, and these welfare payouts can take up roughly one-quarter to one-third of eachindividual state’s budget.

In order to cut down on these insanely high and growing costs, many states have moved to crack down on waste, fraud and abuse in their welfare programs.

One method many states have chosen to do this, and that 12 more states are now seriously looking at, is through drug testing for welfare recipients, the theory being that if someone has enough money to buy and use drugs, they don’t need or deserve welfare assistance from taxpayers.

Of course liberals will weep and wail and gnash their teeth, calling the drug testing of welfare recipients cruel, unfair and discriminatory, apparently oblivious to the fact that a majority of the workers who pay the taxes that fund welfare were required to pass a drug test in order to get their jobs

2/15/2015
30 People Arrested For Food Stamp Fraud; Guess How Many Were Black

Addicting Info 30 People Arrested For Food Stamp Fraud Guess How Many Were Black

Why are you so racist to think that only blacks commit fraud so you have to show white people do it as well?

Remarkable indeed

-Geaux

I support this

-Geaux

In most states, people collecting welfare can “earn” more money than if they worked full time at a minimum wage job, and these welfare payouts can take up roughly one-quarter to one-third of eachindividual state’s budget.

In order to cut down on these insanely high and growing costs, many states have moved to crack down on waste, fraud and abuse in their welfare programs.

One method many states have chosen to do this, and that 12 more states are now seriously looking at, is through drug testing for welfare recipients, the theory being that if someone has enough money to buy and use drugs, they don’t need or deserve welfare assistance from taxpayers.

Of course liberals will weep and wail and gnash their teeth, calling the drug testing of welfare recipients cruel, unfair and discriminatory, apparently oblivious to the fact that a majority of the workers who pay the taxes that fund welfare were required to pass a drug test in order to get their jobs

I support this

-Geaux

You ARE aware that we have had welfare-to-work for nearly two decades, right?

I ask, because the people who write the source you cite have no such knowledge.

I support this

-Geaux

I support this

-Geaux

You ARE aware that we have had welfare-to-work for nearly two decades, right?

I ask, because the people who write the source you cite have no such knowledge.

And? there's always room for improvement

-Geaux

Florida is dropping plans to appeal a Florida Appeals Court Ruling that it's drug testing program for welfare recipients is unconstitutional and violates the "the unreasonable search and seizure" rules.

Only 4% of welfare recipients tested in Florida tested positive for drugs and half of those who tested positive, had been smoking marijuana.

The drug tests cost more to administer than they saved.

Typical conservative program: doesn't work as advertised and costs more than it saves. But they'll still think it's a good idea.

Other such drug testing programs in other states have ended with Appeals Courts declaring them to be unconstitutional but Republicans keep pushing this failed idea. Why? Because that's what Republicans do. They keep running the same failed programs over and over. They refuse to believe their ideas don't work or violate the rights of the poor.

Forum List

Back