Welfare Abusers in 12 States Just Got Some Brutal Bad News

How about sobriety testing welfare recipients, starting with our politicians.
Alcohol is legal in all 50 states in case you forgot.

Even then, you can't drive while intoxicated, so why should people like john boner legislate while intoxicated?
What the hell is the point testing for alcohol ? One drink stays in a persons body for one hour. Its cheap I guess, but a person could rinse use mouth wash right before and test drunk if they blow.

I heard storys about Harry Reid and is vodka, lmao, not anything about John

Beside Grant was a great General while drunk as hell

Grant never drank in battle

He drank while bored sitting in camp waiting for the next battle

Yea ok , like I really buy that
The historical facts appear to bear out that Grant did not drink during battles.

There were mean-spirited rumors he did drink during battles, but there is no evidence he actually did.

Yea ok , like I really buy that
The historical facts appear to bear out that Grant did not drink during battles.

There were mean-spirited rumors he did drink during battles, but there is no evidence he actually did.
No what I remember is maybe a fact or maybe a myth, but what I read, Lincoln once said " I dont care that Grant drinks, give all my generals what Grant drinks" or something like that, its a compliment.

Actually yes, and he completed his rehab, along with random drug testing each month, as condition of his probation, even though forced to resign.
was White Republican Congressman Trey Radal offered substance abuse treatment....?
I

When I lived in Chicago and was a boyscout we went to grants birth place, sorry for derailing the thread but that town is so cool by the Mississippi river, they do/or used to make a big deal about Grants birthday.

Some parents can handle weed, others can't. If the kids are with a parent not willing to rehab to keep them? So be it. Usually other family members are willing to step in.
And a number of bargaining agreements include drug testing.
I support this

Lets get it expanded to cover all 50 states

-Geaux

In most states, people collecting welfare can “earn” more money than if they worked full time at a minimum wage job, and these welfare payouts can take up roughly one-quarter to one-third of eachindividual state’s budget.

In order to cut down on these insanely high and growing costs, many states have moved to crack down on waste, fraud and abuse in their welfare programs.

One method many states have chosen to do this, and that 12 more states are now seriously looking at, is through drug testing for welfare recipients, the theory being that if someone has enough money to buy and use drugs, they don’t need or deserve welfare assistance from taxpayers.

Of course liberals will weep and wail and gnash their teeth, calling the drug testing of welfare recipients cruel, unfair and discriminatory, apparently oblivious to the fact that a majority of the workers who pay the taxes that fund welfare were required to pass a drug test in order to get their jobs

Welfare Abusers in 12 States Just Got Some Brutal Bad News
Are the ones cutting people out going to be tested also? They get paid with tax dollars. Local, county, and state employees get paid with tax dollars. Shouldn't they also be tested? And, what is the states going to do with those that fail the drug tests? If a mother fails, and has three very small children to feed, what will happen to the children? Are the states going to allow them to starve because their mother failed the drug test? And, what about testing everyone that gets tax dollars? Those that are requiring the tests, get paid via tax dollars. Are we going to be fair across the board, or just single out the poor, the less fortunate, and the disabled? Are we going to deny disabled Vets benefits? Are we going to deny small children food? What happens to those cut from the program?

( P.S. --- I'm NOT Liberal, Conservative, Republican, Democrat, nor anything other than an American for America )

Yo, put them up for Adoption? The Mother doesn`t deserve to have kids if she is on drugs!!!

"GTP"

"Obama Hates America"
So, we deny them benefits, then we take the children away, and then what? We break up families because someone smokes weed? We take children away from parents because the parents smoke weed? Are we going to Colorado and do the same? What do we do with disabled Vets cut from the program? Are we to allow them to go without food after being disabled in combat?

Are we going to test the social workers, the county and state employees, and everyone else getting tax dollars? Or, do we just single out the poor, less fortunate, and the disabled?

Too many welfare recipients knows how to cheat at those drug tests.
It would be better to make them do volunteer work at something in order to receive the money.
Many get off of the programs and chose to get a real job.

If the tests are random, it is harder, but I agree with your proposal.
It would be better to make them do volunteer work at something in order to receive the money.

of course you have no evidence of this

If the tests are random, it is harder, but I agree with your proposal.

So how would that work?
It's not like these people show up like a work place everyday.

corrected-Florida-welfare-drug-testing-image2-640x300.png
You can't think past the end of your nose can you?,these programs are just getting going,the average worker gets one just to get a job,why are you not blubbering about that? If they know they will be tested,should make them think twice about using.

Drug testing is only a 48 hour snapshot of someone's life. It is very easy to fool a pee test. If it isn't random, only a few idiots will fail.

This is feel good legislation, all the client has to do is refrain from drugs for a few days prior and it will be clean. I would gather the client already knows when the test will occur, so it is a waste of taxpayer money. Until the cost of the real tests come down, this is a waste to test.

Drug addicts beat these tests all day long, they are experts.

Forum List

Back