weeping cherry tree?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
some friends got me a great deal at a half price sell...on a beautiful tree..which should be a weeping cherry tree...but there is not one label, tag, insert with the tree. i guess for half price you take it and run....so i keep googling but they have a zillion kinds of weeping cherry trees....so what do you know lol about any of this?

Are you trying to figure out what kind of tree you have? Im not sure what the question is.

Search online for pics of different weeping cherry trees and match the leaves up with yours. There are'nt a whole lot of different species so get close ups only of different ones.

Last edited:
073.jpg

how much sun etc does it need

Full sun, about 40 gallons of water per week for the first year. Build a "berm" around the tree and set a hose to slow drip. You want to deep root water the tree.

If you have not planted it yet i would suggest amending the soil.

It might be an Higan,? go to davesgarden.com they have close up pics of weeping cherrys and also how to take care of them.

so i called alt...ask her if she knows what kinda tree it is....she stalls..then goes....we are pretty sure its a weeping cherry....long pause....we dont know what color....another pause...more babble...she doesnt have a clue lol but it was a great deal!

Forum List

Back