Week Seven Of The 2016 NFL Football Season

Why did you all pick Detroit?
For me, it was a toss up. I gave it to the kitties for being at home.
Did you see that crazy seahawks game last night?
Yeah, I thought the cards got jobbed on that play where the runner knocked the pylon over. Replay looked like the ball hit the goal line, IMHO. I would have challenged the spot. Even if he didn't get in, I would have tried one more shot to the end zone before kicking. Those blocked kicks really did the Cards in. If you love defense, this was an incredible game.

The interesting part at least to me was Seattle's defense after spending the majority of the time on the field was still playing top notch defense right up until the end....Arizona defense seem to run out of gas and Seattle was able to move on offense in the later stages of the game.

Penalties was Seattle's bug-a-boo. An interesting stat was Wilson, when all was said and done, had a better QBR and higher passing percentage than Palmer. But Seattle offensive didn't wake up until late in the fourth quarter and the overtime. It was in the fourth quarter before Seattle was even able to run a play in Arizona's Territory.

Arizona was playing at home and was a 2 point favorite....

That game was incredible. Remember that guy ran the corner and knocked the pilon down with his foot but it wasn't a td. But no big deal right, they have it on the 1 yard line they'll win for sure, right? No. They missed the field goal.

The Lions game was crazy yesterday but this game made that game look routine.

Wilson isn't mobile right now.

Sherman got burned late in the game and it almost cost them. I love watching him play. He good.

Poor AZ. LOL

I think the biggest surprise game to me was San Diego beating Atlanta in Atlanta. That is two games in a row that the Falcons have blown late leads. The Falcon defense is their Achilles heel.

With that lost both Tampa and New Orleans are back in the hunt.
Besides the Lions here are the only other teams I'm interested in right now.

Cowboys. Only 1 loss?
Seahaws. Just love watching them.
Vikings are looking good. What's Peterson up to?
Packers. Always good.
Patriots

Looks like the Patriots year to win.

Cowpies are looking good. They have a great offensive line and very good RB. Their rookie QB is playing well within himself and hasn't made a bunch of mistakes. The Cowpies would be fools to go back to Romo.

Seachix are playing outstanding defense. It is keeping them alive even though their offense is pretty bad right now.

Vikings are a lot like the Seachix. Their defense is keeping them in games. They probably would have won yesterday if the offense didn't turn the ball over in the red zone twice. Peterson is on IR with a knee injury. He may be back late in the season. Vikes main problem is their offensive line. Both starting tackles are out on IR. Both guards have had injuries. They have had to bring in practice squad guys and beat up free agents to fill in. It's amazing that they are 5-1 given all the injuries and their tough schedule.

Packers have Rodgers and not a whole lot else. They have beaten the weaker teams so far and lost to the strong teams. They have another 5-6 strong teams on their schedule.

Patriots are looking real good. Probably the best overall team in the league.

The interesting part at least to me was Seattle's defense after spending the majority of the time on the field was still playing top notch defense right up until the end....Arizona defense seem to run out of gas and Seattle was able to move on offense in the later stages of the game.

Penalties was Seattle's bug-a-boo. An interesting stat was Wilson, when all was said and done, had a better QBR and higher passing percentage than Palmer. But Seattle offensive didn't wake up until late in the fourth quarter and the overtime. It was in the fourth quarter before Seattle was even able to run a play in Arizona's Territory.

That game was incredible. Remember that guy ran the corner and knocked the pilon down with his foot but it wasn't a td. But no big deal right, they have it on the 1 yard line they'll win for sure, right? No. They missed the field goal.

Sherman got burned late in the game and it almost cost them. I love watching him play. He good.

Poor AZ. LOL

I think the biggest surprise game to me was San Diego beating Atlanta in Atlanta. That is two games in a row that the Falcons have blown late leads. The Falcon defense is their Achilles heel.

Cowboys. Only 1 loss?
Packers. Always good.
Patriots

I have a lot of respect for Lions fans. you know they aren't a bunch of bandwagon fans and they have had to endure lots of shitty seasons. Kind of surprised they let their coach go. They had some tough defenses with Suh and Fairley. That same coach is kicking ass as a defensive coordinator in Philly.

Poor AZ. LOL

Cowboys. Only 1 loss?
Packers. Always good.
Patriots

I have a lot of respect for Lions fans. you know they aren't a bunch of bandwagon fans and they have had to endure lots of shitty seasons. Kind of surprised they let their coach go. They had some tough defenses with Suh and Fairley. That same coach is kicking ass as a defensive coordinator in Philly.
He lost his mono here in Detroit the day Jim harbaugh in sf 49rs beat him and harbaugh went off to play in the Superbowl that year. He shook schwarz' hand really aggressively after he beat him and scwartz was never the same again. It's like harbaugh sucked any confidence he had out of him. Scwartz even took offense it was disrespectful and honestly harbaugh was probably fucking with him or harbaugh is so competitive anyways Schwartz had to go. Hes a putz

Poor AZ. LOL

Cowboys. Only 1 loss?
Packers. Always good.
Patriots

Everyone should have been a Lions fan during the Barry Sanders years. :)

Poor AZ. LOL

Cowboys. Only 1 loss?
Packers. Always good.
Patriots

Yeah, they had some good offensive teams in the 90's. Wasn't just Sanders either. They had a couple fine receivers in Moore and Morton. The coach back then was like Rasputin or something. They couldn't get rid of him. He kept coming back.

WEEK 7 of the NFL Season

Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers
New York Giants at Los Angeles Rams
Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals
Washington at Detroit Lions
Oakland Raiders
at Jacksonville Jaguars
New Orleans Saints at Kansas City Chiefs
Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins
Baltimore Ravens
at New York Jets
Minnesota Vikings at Philadelphia Eagles
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
San Diego Chargers at Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
at San Francisco 49ers
New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers
Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals
Houston Texans at Denver Broncos

8-7 For week six and 55-36 for the year
I hope you are right.

I like your picks.

The big news from the past weekend is Minnesota finally getting beat.

I did not get to see the game though.

So I am wondering what the Vike's did wrong?

The big news from the past weekend is Minnesota finally getting beat.

I did not get to see the game though.

So I am wondering what the Vike's did wrong?
Bradford threw an int in the endzone and also fumbled twice. They also allowed a kickoff return for a TD and failed to convert on a 4th and inches. The defense played great, but when the offense and special teams play like shit, you can't win. Have to credit the Philly defense for creating all those turnovers. The Vikes offensive line couldn't protect Bradford long enough for him to get anything going.

Poor AZ. LOL

Cowboys. Only 1 loss?
Packers. Always good.
Patriots

Yeah, they had some good offensive teams in the 90's. Wasn't just Sanders either. They had a couple fine receivers in Moore and Morton. The coach back then was like Rasputin or something. They couldn't get rid of him. He kept coming back.
Wayne fontz? The best coach we ever had was Bobby Ross and he quit after one year in detroit

Cowboys. Only 1 loss?
Packers. Always good.
Patriots

Wayne fontz? The best coach we ever had was Bobby Ross and he quit after one year in detroit
Yeah Fontz... He always seemed to pull a win out his ass to save his job, but the team never went far.

The current season is somewhat reminiscent of 2002 for the Pat's.

Seems sad that these cheaters cannot be stopped very easily.

Hopefully someone will knock them off.

For once I actually agree with you.I cant stand the chiefs,have always rooted against them each week but they seem to be the only team in the AFC that can stand toe to toe with them the fact they only lost by a touchdown against them last year in NE.

Had they had maclin and Jamal charles ,i think it would have been a different story even with the home town refs they have. so i grudgingly have got to pull for the chiefs this year.

I did not watch that game but from friends of mine that did I heard they did the same thing with them the chiefs they did with the ravens,a game I did see 3 years ago where they called penaltys against the ravens where when the pats committed those same penaltys,they were not called against them. same with the chiefs i heard.

I wish they did not get home field advantage all the time because recent history has proven when then they dont have the home town refs in their pockets at their home games,they cant win. Here is the proof.the last time they won a playoff game on the ROAD was way back in 2007.

8 years ago from last year and the team they beat back then,guess who it was? marty SHITTENHEIMER and the chargers whos teams he always coached with the chiefs and chargers ALWAYS went one and done in the playoffs.:badgrin:

the last team they beat on the road in the playoffs was a team who had a coach whose mind would always freeze up in the playoffs and would always go one and done each time 8 years ago.:lmao:

the facts prove that when they dont have the home town refs in their pockets so they can cheat during the playoffs,they cant win.:D

thats why it so much pisses me off when a team that has the same record of them blows it late in the season and gives it to them.:mad:

Last edited:

The current season is somewhat reminiscent of 2002 for the Pat's.

Seems sad that these cheaters cannot be stopped very easily.

Hopefully someone will knock them off.

For once I actually agree with you.I cant stand the chiefs,have always rooted against them each week but they seem to be the only team in the AFC that can stand toe to toe with them the fact they only lost by a touchdown against them last year in NE.

Had they had maclin and Jamal charles ,i think it would have been a different story even with the home town refs they have. so i grudgingly have got to pull for the chiefs this year.

I did not watch that game but from friends of mine that did I heard they did the same thing with them the chiefs they did with the ravens,a game I did see 3 years ago where they called penaltys against the ravens where when the pats committed those same penaltys,they were not called against them. same with the chiefs i heard.

I wish they did not get home field advantage all the time because recent history has proven when then they dont have the home town refs in their pockets at their home games,they cant win. Here is the proof.the last time they won a playoff game on the ROAD was way back in 2007.

8 years ago from last year and the team they beat back then,guess who it was? marty SHITTENHEIMER and the chargers whos teams he always coached with the chiefs and chargers ALWAYS went one and done in the playoffs.:badgrin:

the last team they beat on the road in the playoffs was a team who had a coach whose mind would always freeze up in the playoffs and would always go one and done each time 8 years ago.:lmao:

the facts prove that when they dont have the home town refs in their pockets so they can cheat during the playoffs,they cant win.:D

thats why it so much pisses me off when a team that has the same record of them blows it late in the season and gives it to them.:mad:
No matter how good the lions are we can never beat all three Chicago, Vikings and especially the packers in the same year. One is always better

Vikings came down to earth (where they'll stay) after a bye week. Bradford showed his mediocrity in the face of multiple blitzes. Bradford looks like a deer in headlights when faced with this, as his reaction time is dreadfully slow. By the end of the game he half-limped off the field. Reminded me of the year that we knocked down Tony Romo so many times too, that Romo collapsed in the shower after the game.
Go Eags!!!

Vikings came down to earth (where they'll stay) after a bye week. Bradford showed his mediocrity in the face of multiple blitzes. Bradford looks like a deer in headlights when faced with this, as his reaction time is dreadfully slow. By the end of the game he half-limped off the field. Reminded me of the year that we knocked down Tony Romo so many times too, that Romo collapsed in the shower after the game.
Go Eags!!!
They say that the best cure for a loss is a win. The Vikes are playing the Bears, Lions, and Skins the next 3 weeks. They won't face another top flight defense until they play the Cards at home. The Cowpies at home and Pukers on the road are the only other teams I'm really worried about and we already beat the Pukers once.

Forum List

Back