Dallas @ Jacksonville
Tennessee @ Baltimore
Denver
@ Oakland
St. Louis @ Arizona
NY Giants @ Seattle
Chicago @ Green Bay
Carolina @ Philadelphia

Some tough calls this week. Buffalo has played pretty well this year, but with both starting RBs out I can't take them, even at home.
Miami has been on a roll, but with Megatron probably playing and the Lions at home I have to go with them.
My Niners just had a terrible loss to the Rams, I'm hoping for a bounce-back game this week. Unfortunately, while the Saints have been disappointing, they are still a very dangerous home team.
I almost took the Bucs considering Atlanta's road woes.

The rest of the picks seem pretty straightforward, but it's been fairly hard to tell this year.

I hate to count on my Steelers too much going into Week 10. They seem to do very very bad, or very very good. Frankly, it's starting to annoy me. :tongue:

Cleveland @ Cincinnati Several division games and they are upsets waiting to happen. Not real confident but Bengals.
Kansas City @ Buffalo To many hurt players for Buffalo to pull off a win.
Miami @ Detroit lions, only because they are home.
San Francisco @ New Orleans Which team on which side will show up? This week the Saints... maybe?
Pittsburgh @ NY Jets Could Big Ben lead this team to 100 points this game?
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay I hate when elections are about picking the lesser of two evils, that must be why I hate this game.
Dallas @ Jacksonville Cowboys end their losing streak, in London.
Tennessee @ Baltimore The Ravens seem to be playing teams at the wrong time. not this week.
Denver @ Oakland Raiders get the Broncos after a loss, this is not looking good.
St. Louis @ Arizona I don't think the Rams upset the Card this week.
NY Giants @ Seattle The Giants look broken.
Chicago @ Green Bay Bears are finding ways to lose.
Carolina @ Philadelphia Eagles at home, they better win or they face the their fans.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Kansas City
@ Buffalo
Miami @ Detroit
San Francisco
@ New Orleans
Pittsburgh @ NY Jets
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Jacksonville
Tennessee @ Baltimore
Denver
@ Oakland
St. Louis @ Arizona
NY Giants @ Seattle
Chicago @ Green Bay
Carolina @ Philadelphia

Some tough calls this week. Buffalo has played pretty well this year, but with both starting RBs out I can't take them, even at home.
Miami has been on a roll, but with Megatron probably playing and the Lions at home I have to go with them.
My Niners just had a terrible loss to the Rams, I'm hoping for a bounce-back game this week. Unfortunately, while the Saints have been disappointing, they are still a very dangerous home team.

The rest of the picks seem pretty straightforward, but it's been fairly hard to tell this year.

Buffalo hasn't been able to run the ball all season. CJ Spiller has been a major disappointment and Fred Jackson is good, but doesn't play that much anyway. If the bills can win this game against the chiefs and then beat miami on thursday night football they probably make the playoffs. That would make them 7 and 3 with three games left against the jets, cleveland and the raiders. If the bills can win two games that are winnable, then beat 3 teams they should beat, do the math, that makes them 10 and 6 and that should be enough to make it to the playoffs. I believe sammy watkins has another big week, our defensive line continues to be dominant and we end up winning the game.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Kansas City
@ Buffalo
Miami @ Detroit
San Francisco
@ New Orleans
Pittsburgh @ NY Jets
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Jacksonville
Tennessee @ Baltimore
Denver
@ Oakland
St. Louis @ Arizona
NY Giants @ Seattle
Chicago @ Green Bay
Carolina @ Philadelphia

Buffalo hasn't been able to run the ball all season. CJ Spiller has been a major disappointment and Fred Jackson is good, but doesn't play that much anyway. If the bills can win this game against the chiefs and then beat miami on thursday night football they probably make the playoffs. That would make them 7 and 3 with three games left against the jets, cleveland and the raiders. If the bills can win two games that are winnable, then beat 3 teams they should beat, do the math, that makes them 10 and 6 and that should be enough to make it to the playoffs. I believe sammy watkins has another big week, our defensive line continues to be dominant and we end up winning the game.

Watkins is questionable at the moment with a groin. Hopefully he plays.

I think Jackson plays plenty when healthy. He's having yet another unsung good year for the Bills. Spiller has been a disappointment, but he's still a lot better than Dixon and Brown were in the last game. Having at least some threat in the running game is important for Orton and the passing game I think.

Miami has been playing great recently. Beating them in the Thursday game will be difficult.

The nice thing about Thursday night games is the short prep week makes them ripe for better game plans and upsets.

So if you got a coach that is good with short week game plans, they could do well.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Kansas City
@ Buffalo
Miami @ Detroit
San Francisco
@ New Orleans
Pittsburgh @ NY Jets
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Jacksonville
Tennessee @ Baltimore
Denver
@ Oakland
St. Louis @ Arizona
NY Giants @ Seattle
Chicago @ Green Bay
Carolina @ Philadelphia

Watkins is questionable at the moment with a groin. Hopefully he plays.

I think Jackson plays plenty when healthy. He's having yet another unsung good year for the Bills. Spiller has been a disappointment, but he's still a lot better than Dixon and Brown were in the last game. Having at least some threat in the running game is important for Orton and the passing game I think.

Miami has been playing great recently. Beating them in the Thursday game will be difficult.

They announced Watkins will play on sunday.

We will miss Freddy, primarily because he's great at picking up blitzes and blocking in general. Between dixon and Brown we should probably run the ball 15 to 20 times, to really keep the defense honest. I don't know about brown because he's only played one game and didn't get many carries, but dixon isn't very good. Our offensive line can't run block, which has been a problem all year no matter who is running the ball, so I really don't expect the running game to be that much of a factor for us.

The fish have been playing great. We beat them in buffalo, but after that whooping they gave the chargers, who spanked us, I would have to call them the favorites at home. Still, it's a winnable game. If we can first get by the chiefs then we're on a 3 game winning streak, playing a rare nationally televised game, in a game that matters a lot in terms of playoff hopes.

Last edited:
The nice thing about Thursday night games is the short prep week makes them ripe for better game plans and upsets.

So if you got a coach that is good with short week game plans, they could do well.

True. I still don't know how good Doug Marrone is, but coaching will definitely be a factor.

I hate to count on my Steelers too much going into Week 10. They seem to do very very bad, or very very good. Frankly, it's starting to annoy me. :tongue:
Let's see...

Roethlisberger throws six TDs in two games, Antonio Brown leads the league in receptions, James Harrison is playing five years younger than he really is and the D has forced turnovers just the way we expect them to.

And this week they have the 1-7 New York Jets.

Take out a second mortgage and lay it on the Black & Gold!

Let's see...

Roethlisberger throws six TDs in two games, Antonio Brown leads the league in receptions, James Harrison is playing five years younger than he really is and the D has forced turnovers just the way we expect them to.

Not so fast. We're taking about the same team that lost to the Bucs. Nothing is a certainty with them. Having said that they should win easily.

Bengals with a big time loss at home.
Dalton and company just plain terrible. Hell, Browns don't even have much of a run game and handily won.

Cincinnati has got practice squad players on defense, they are really banged up. Injuries are killing so many teams this year.

Cincinnati has got practice squad players on defense, they are really banged up. Injuries are killing so many teams this year.

Then why did you pick them to win?

I didn't realize how depleted they were until last night.

The reason I asked was because of your comment after that game pick; "several division games and they are upsets waiting to happen. Not real confident, but Bengals."
Maybe I'm wrong, but this comment tells me your gut instinct was to go with the Browns.
When you know enough about football, and YOU do, it is sometimes better to go with your gut.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati
Kansas City
@ Buffalo
Miami @ Detroit
San Francisco
@ New Orleans
Pittsburgh @ NY Jets
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Jacksonville
Tennessee @ Baltimore
Denver
@ Oakland
St. Louis @ Arizona
NY Giants @ Seattle
Chicago @ Green Bay
Carolina @ Philadelphia

If...if....if........if........if...............

Go Chiefs!

Let's see...

Hope you didn't take your own advice.

Forum List

Back