weed

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by briand420, Jun 8, 2008.

1. briand420

briand420 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    marijuana was found 2000 bc. it was smoked by nepolian and was brought through europe and to the us. our first three presidents smoked weed. we made weed illegal in the early 20th centry. the paper given to the supream court said that mexicans were smoking it. that was put on the top reason for illegalizing it. marijuana helps pain helps hunger and proved to fight off canser cells. it does microscopic harm to the body. i know most people heard coke is more harmful then coke is to the body,excluding stupid things done under influence. why is marijuana illegal again?!?!?!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Bad Mother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +503
    Marijuana is illegal because of this....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My best guess is you smoked your way through school.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You suppose you could pay a little better attention to which forum you're posting threads in?

5. briand420

briand420 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Politics is where this should be posted since marijuana was made illegal through politics.

There have been no repuatble studies that declare marijuana is any more harmful than cigs or alcohol or that it is a "gateway drug"

There have been, however, many studies declaring the usefulness of marijuana for medicinal purposes.

I have been through numerous surgeries and have been perscribed every narcotic available and I can tell you from experience and research and through discussions with my doctors that narcotics such as Oxycottin are way more harmful and addictive than marijuana could ever be.

The issue of marijuana is DEFINATELY a political topic, not neccessarly a legal issue.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But before you make up your mind do some research on your own. Gaining knowledge is the only way for society to grow and prosper.

Brian

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    There are far too many people who love the feeling of secretly breaking the law and sticking it to the MAN. Legalizing it would ruin all their fun.

7. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Well, first off...breathing pure smoke (whatever kind) is not good for your lungs no matter which way you look at it. Whether your for or against marijuana, inhaling smoke is bad for you.

Second,
    "Despite the controversy, statistics continue to support the theory – whether the phenomenon is caused purely by exposure to the substance, environmental factors, or a combination, it does not seem to matter. According to CASA (National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse), a 12-17 year old who drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes even once in the past month is 30 times more likely to use marijuana than one who did not; a child the same age who has used all three drugs in the past months is 17 times more likely to use another harder drug (such as cocaine or heroin). These statistics apply to children who do not already display problem behaviors."

Gateway Drugs: Looking at the Definition, Theories, Controversy, and Statistics

Third,

Keep in mind that it is just a theory and has never been 100% proven. But, studies show that those who start legal or illegal drugs are more likely to move on to other drugs than those who have not done anything. That sounds pretty "gateway" to me. Now, I will not argue that Marijuana is the single gateway drug, I do believe that it is in hierchial order. Drinking and Smoking makes you more at risk for trying marijuana. If you become a marijuana addict, your risk for trying cocaine or heroine increases. They are all gateway drugs, but Marijuana may be pegged because its one of the first illegal drugs on the hierarchy and often times leads to "more illegal" drugs on the hierarchial scale.

8. briand420

briand420 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I hope it ruins it for them. If their only reason for smoking is because its illegal then they need to put down the joint and go to therapy.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  9. briand420

briand420 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I said marijuana was NO more harmful than cigs and alcohol.

As for the second I have one word: "parents"

10. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I never said it was more harmful, nor did I say that you were wrong.

What I did say was that all of them are "gateway drugs" compared to someone who has never done any of them....Studies do show this. Did you read the links?

As for your second statement. I agree 100%. But as long as you're getting Medical Marijuana legally, why are you complaining?