Weaning From Fossil Fuel: 174.339 MPH

badger2

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2016
The video shows the breaking of the world's record:
dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1988338/Video-Guiness-mens-world-cycling-speed-record-set-174-339mph.html

Many new reports are sans the https:// in the URL. The video is retrieved by typing in "New Guiness Men's World Record Set At 174.339 MPH."

Pretty much as I knew it had to be, to get that kind of speed, he was cheating.

He might as well have had a rope tying him to that Porsche behind which he was drafting.

It was not his own muscles powering him to that speed; it was the Porsche pulling him along in its aerodynamic wake.

Untitled.jpg

Motor pacing is a type of human-powered record…

I very much take issue with this statement.

At least as practiced in the video shown in the OP, the pace vehicle is not just keeping the wind off of the bicycle. It is actually pulling the bicycle along, in its wake. It's really not much different than if there was a rope from the pace vehicle to the bicycle.

The power that is propelling the bicycle up to this speed is not coming from the bicyclist's muscles; it is coming from the pace vehicle.

Motor pacing is a type of human-powered record…

I very much take issue with this statement.

At least as practiced in the video shown in the OP, the pace vehicle is not just keeping the wind off of the bicycle. It is actually pulling the bicycle along, in its wake. It's really not much different than if there was a rope from the pace vehicle to the bicycle.

The power that is propelling the bicycle up to this speed is not coming from the bicyclist's muscles; it is coming from the pace vehicle.

Not entirely, the pace vehicle acts as a drag cutter so the rider is in a bubble of air that is moving with the car. It still requires considerable effort on the part of the cyclist, but you are correct, the title of the OP was written by an uneducated moron.

You want to see a vehicle weaned from gas do 189 mph at under 7 seconds through the quarter driven by an 87 year old man? Check out Don Garlits.

He is shooting for 200 mph but it's been elusive so far.

You want to see a vehicle weaned from gas do 189 mph at under 7 seconds through the quarter driven by an 87 year old man? Check out Don Garlits.

I would rather watch the 300mph top fuel dragsters to be honest.

Well, it's not as fire breathing. And it's done on a whopping 180 hp instead of the 15,000 hp of the top fuelies. The problem with running the higher HP electric motors is is that they weigh so much more. And after a certain speed, the weight becomes drag and that light 180 hp motor and lighter batteries to power it ends up being faster. But know Big Daddy, he's going to make it this year. He hasn't failed in anything he's ever tried before. He was all us Motorhead's Idol in the 60s and the 70s. And still is for us older Gear Heads. You youngsters buy yours. We made ours.

Well, it's not as fire breathing. And it's done on a whopping 180 hp instead of the 15,000 hp of the top fuelies. The problem with running the higher HP electric motors is is that they weigh so much more. And after a certain speed, the weight becomes drag and that light 180 hp motor and lighter batteries to power it ends up being faster. But know Big Daddy, he's going to make it this year. He hasn't failed in anything he's ever tried before. He was all us Motorhead's Idol in the 60s and the 70s. And still is for us older Gear Heads. You youngsters buy yours. We made ours.

I'm older than you, just sayin....and I have built more vehicles than I have ever bought.

I'm now looking for a Formula Ford project so I can go racing again. I got bit by the bug again

I'm older than you, just sayin....and I have built more vehicles than I have ever bought.

I'm now looking for a Formula Ford project so I can go racing again. I got bit by the bug again

You are older than I am? is this a pissing contest? It's going to have to happen every couple of hours to get one decent amount of piss from me. And Bless your little heart.

You are older than I am? is this a pissing contest? It's going to have to happen every couple of hours to get one decent amount of piss from me. And Bless your little heart.

When you call someone "youngster" that is both an insult (for those looking to be insulted, which I am not) and also a attempt to validate your opinion through implying you are wise because of your age. That is a problem when you mistake the age of the person you are talking with and trying to impress.

Thanks for the blessing , they are always welcome!

And as far as the title of this thread…

Weaning From Fossil Fuel: 174.339 MPH

What was the Porsche burning? That's where the power came from to get this bike up to that speed. Anyone here think that it was burning anything other than gasoline—a fossil fuel?

I know, what a farce....

Perhaps it was powered by PC hopes and dreams?

Jo

#3we define as a loser, not winner, photoshopped. #5's stupidity is psychological as well as physical. One's weaning from the drug assemblage is similar. There are indeed drugless champions and fossil-fuel-less champions.

....as well as fellatio-performing worshippers of Chinese inventions.

Forum List

Back