Wealth inequality vs income inequality

Wealth inequality is even worse than income inequality

And if you think income inequality is bad, well, you ain't seen nothing yet.

As of 2015, the top 1 percent of American households in terms of wealth ownership enjoy 35 percent of the pie all by themselves. The top 10 percent own a staggering 76 percent of all wealth.

Furthermore, from 1963 to 2013, families in the bottom 10 percent of wealth ownership went from having no wealth at all on average to being $2,000 in debt. Over the same time period, the average wealth of the top 10 percent grew four times over. For the top 1 percent, it grew six times over. These shifts are far larger than the changes in the distribution of income over the same time frame.

The question is.....why do we continue economic policies that benefit the wealthy?
They obviously don't need it

Very sad. I strongly believe this is one reason our economy is so slow.

Our economy is slow? When did that happen?

You haven't noticed?
US Real GDP Growth Rate by Year

So you think the only economic factor to determine the economy is GDP? What happened to this great economy Obama created that leftists spoke so much about?

He created a slow recovery. Much better than the recession Bush started. But it is still slow.

Bush's problem was the housing bubble and crash, and he was not alone in starting it. If not for the housing crash, we would have continued to enjoy a great economy (which Bush had for most of his two terms) right into the McCain Presidency.

You libs will never win a wealth/income inequality debate because you are on the side of mooching deadbeats who want to take money other people worked to earn. Humans instinctively know that's wrong.

You haven't noticed?

So you think the only economic factor to determine the economy is GDP? What happened to this great economy Obama created that leftists spoke so much about?

It magically ended Jan, 20th 2017 when Trump was sworn in as president.

Nope it has remained about the same. Slowly improving. So far republicans have done nothing to pass any economic legislation.

Would you like a link to the job killing regulations Trump removed for businesses?

Yes.

You libs will never win a wealth/income inequality debate because you are on the side of mooching deadbeats who want to take money other people worked to earn. Humans instinctively know that's wrong.

None of the waltons hold a position in Walmart. Most never have. What is your definition of working to earn?

None of the waltons hold a position in Walmart. Most never have. What is your definition of working to earn?

Translation...:crybaby: I wasn't born wealthy :crybaby:

You didn't answer my question. So being born wealthy is your idea of working to earn?

You didn't answer my question. So being born wealthy is your idea of working to earn?

Do you want to steal your neighbor's kids bikes? Wait, that's not really a question.

As of 2015, the top 1 percent of American households in terms of wealth ownership enjoy 35 percent of the pie all by themselves. The top 10 percent own a staggering 76 percent of all wealth.

Furthermore, from 1963 to 2013, families in the bottom 10 percent of wealth ownership went from having no wealth at all on average to being $2,000 in debt. Over the same time period, the average wealth of the top 10 percent grew four times over. For the top 1 percent, it grew six times over. These shifts are far larger than the changes in the distribution of income over the same time frame.

The question is.....why do we continue economic policies that benefit the wealthy?

So I presume you are the ultimate judge as to what people need?

So let's hear it OP, what would you do to make things equal?
Who said anything about making things equal

I only asked why we are continuing policies that enable the wealthy to accumulate and maintain more wealth?

So wealth should be determined by what one needs and not by what one wants, determined by your judgement?

And what policies do you speak of that allows the wealthy to accumulate and maintain wealth?
Pretty much so

Why continue policies that do not deliver what they promised? In embracing supply side we were promised a rising economic tide, prosperity, more jobs and higher wages

Instead... the wealthy just kept the additional revenue

I disagree, but it still begs the question: what do you want to do about it?
Good question

Remove the historically low tax rates on the wealthy......they are not working
Tax capital gains the same as income. Sweat based income should be taxed the same as investment income
Tax stock trades
Make healthcare costs tax free
Provide free online college courses
Increase low income health coverage

Do you want to steal your neighbor's kids bikes? Wait, that's not really a question.

Nope. You are ignoring my questions, why? Is being born wealthy your idea of working to earn?

Nope it has remained about the same. Slowly improving. So far republicans have done nothing to pass any economic legislation.

Would you like a link to the job killing regulations Trump removed for businesses?

Yes.

Trump Acts To Roll Back Regulations On Businesses

Trump administration cancels hundreds of Obama-era regulations

Trump signs executive order to help remove 'job-killing regulations'

Yes.

I don't see specifically what regulations were removed. Just reference to regulations being removed.

Very sad. I strongly believe this is one reason our economy is so slow.

You haven't noticed?

He created a slow recovery. Much better than the recession Bush started. But it is still slow.

Bush's problem was the housing bubble and crash, and he was not alone in starting it. If not for the housing crash, we would have continued to enjoy a great economy (which Bush had for most of his two terms) right into the McCain Presidency.
You forgot about those two pesky wars
Bush's problem was not that a recession occurred on his watch but he sat like a deer in the headlights as it happened. He denied there was a recession until after the 2008 election

So I presume you are the ultimate judge as to what people need?

So let's hear it OP, what would you do to make things equal?

I only asked why we are continuing policies that enable the wealthy to accumulate and maintain more wealth?

So wealth should be determined by what one needs and not by what one wants, determined by your judgement?

And what policies do you speak of that allows the wealthy to accumulate and maintain wealth?
Pretty much so

Why continue policies that do not deliver what they promised? In embracing supply side we were promised a rising economic tide, prosperity, more jobs and higher wages

Good question

Tax capital gains the same as income. Sweat based income should be taxed the same as investment income
Tax stock trades

Okay, so let's start from the top:

The wealthy pay most all of the tax in this country, so how would making them pay more help me--the blue collar worker? After all, nearly half of the people in this country pay no income tax at all. Taxing them more only makes government richer--not the worker.

Tax capital gains. Well our economy depends on a strong market. The reason we have lower taxes on capita gains is to encourage investment. Take that away, there will be less investing. If there is less investing, how does that help me--the blue collar worker?

Tax stock trades, see above.

Tax free healthcare costs. One of the nefarious parts of Commie Care was to get rid of tax free healthcare by encouraging employers to drop coverage. Those who were forced to get on the Commie Care plans had to pay with after tax money whereas before, employer coverage was paid before taxes. How did that help me--the blue collar worker?

Why should the government (now 20 trillion in debt) pay for online college courses that people could pay for themselves? We already have low income healthcare coverage, it's called Medicare and SCHIP''s. It isn't working. Plus we middle-class workers are not applicable for those programs. We work for a living. So how would that help me--a blue collar worker?

You haven't noticed?

You forgot about those two pesky wars
Bush's problem was not that a recession occurred on his watch but he sat like a deer in the headlights as it happened. He denied there was a recession until after the 2008 election

No, not really. The Republicans did try to do something about it before it happened, but was fought hard by the Democrats. Need the videos, just ask.

Yes.

I don't see specifically what regulations were removed. Just reference to regulations being removed.

Hmmm. Well I posted three links, and according to you, you must have read all three in two minutes. Are you a speed reader or something? After all, my post and your reply were only two minutes apart.

Yes.

Hmmm. Well I posted three links, and according to you, you must have read all three in two minutes. Are you a speed reader or something? After all, my post and your reply were only two minutes apart.

Do you have some specific regulations or not?

Financial equality is for pussy whipped bitches who let envy rule their lives...

Pretty much so

Good question

Tax stock trades

Okay, so let's start from the top:

The wealthy pay most all of the tax in this country, so how would making them pay more help me--the blue collar worker? After all, nearly half of the people in this country pay no income tax at all. Taxing them more only makes government richer--not the worker.

Tax capital gains. Well our economy depends on a strong market. The reason we have lower taxes on capita gains is to encourage investment. Take that away, there will be less investing. If there is less investing, how does that help me--the blue collar worker?

Tax stock trades, see above.

Tax free healthcare costs. One of the nefarious parts of Commie Care was to get rid of tax free healthcare by encouraging employers to drop coverage. Those who were forced to get on the Commie Care plans had to pay with after tax money whereas before, employer coverage was paid before taxes. How did that help me--the blue collar worker?

Why should the government (now 20 trillion in debt) pay for online college courses that people could pay for themselves? We already have low income healthcare coverage, it's called Medicare and SCHIP''s. It isn't working. Plus we middle-class workers are not applicable for those programs. We work for a living. So how would that help me--a blue collar worker?
The wealthy pay more of the "income taxes" because they make most of the "income"
But since they pay at a lower rate for capital gains, they are able to divert income into capital gain and either defer payment or pay a lower rate

You only pay capital gains on profits. That profit is the same thing as any other income. Why does someone digging a ditch or driving a truck have to pay on every cent he makes at a higher rate than someone who just moves money from point A to point B

Every stock trade pays off a broker......that does not stop them from investing. Neither would a minimal tax on transactions. I pay seven percent sales tax if I buy a car.......why is buying a stock not taxed?

The government can pay to develop online courses. Once a course is developed, it costs the same to allow 100 people to take it or 100,000 people to take it

Forum List

Back