Zone1 OK "Experts" How Do We Solve Racial Inequality Without Considering Race?

We can't drivre a new Mercedes without being stopped by police.
Yes you can, if you follow traffic laws. Blacks have a problem with this.
Your question was stupid and you know good and well that racism exists in America right now. We get paid less than whites for doing the same job, we get denied busness loans more than whites, same for home loans. We have 2.7 percent of the wealth but are 13 percent of the population, and yet you want to pretend everything is equal now. But it isn't, everybody knows that, and that includes you. So don't ask me this question again.
All of this is the fault of blacks, not racism. Asians and Jews do better than Whites in all these criteria, so if the problem is racism blames Asians and Jews.

Yes you can, if you follow traffic laws. Blacks have a problem with this.

All of this is the fault of blacks, not racism. Asians and Jews do better than Whites in all these criteria, so if the problem is racism blames Asians and Jews.
We don't have any more problem with that than whites. I have been stopped numerous time while not committing a traffic violation. So just stop repeating moronic white racist excuses.

Jews are white. "Asians" are not doing better, only East Asians from India. And that's becaudse of the H1B Visa. So again, stop repeating moronic white racist excuses.

We don't have any more problem with that than whites. I have been stopped numerous time while not committing a traffic violation. So just stop repeating moronic white racist excuses.

Jews are white. "Asians" are not doing better, only East Asians from India. And that's becaudse of the H1B Visa. So again, stop repeating moronic white racist excuses.
As I’ve related here I’ve been stopped without breaking laws because either my car or I resembled a criminal the cops were looking for. Unlike you I shrug it off as the cops doing their job. You embrace it as “proof” of racism.

That's speculation and a red herring. I see plenty of black. people drive expensive cars. My neighbors across the street are a young black family who just had a baby. Grandma comes over and helps. She drives a BMW. Hasn't been stopped by the police once. You know why, probably because she drives within the laws, doesn't have warrants, doesn't evade police and if she does get pulled over, probably complies with the commands.

Now, you know what I really mean, and you can't answer it. At all. the only thing you can do is throw red herrings and strawmen out.

Your question was stupid and you know good and well that racism exists in America right now.
Yes, there are racists in America. However, the narrative you want to espouse is that there is some systemic racist overture, that is by design, by some supreme white overlords, that is keeping blacks down. That is not the case, and you know damn well it's not the case.

We get paid less than whites for doing the same job
Cite the facts, and it needs to be current.
we get denied busness loans more than whites, same for home loans
The question you fail to ask is why? Bad credit is bad credit and credit is no respecter of race. If 50 whites and 50 blacks apply for a loan and 15 whites get denied and 30 blacks get denied, it's because credit history and the capacity to repay the loan. It's not a racial issue if whites have better credit than blacks. Blacks have the propensity to make good financial choices just like whites. Today, your race doesn't matter. Now 60 years ago, you had a case. Not any more.
We have 2.7 percent of the wealth but are 13 percent of the population, and yet you want to pretend everything is equal now. But it isn't, everybody knows that, and that includes you. So don't ask me this question again.
What you are describing all boils down to personal life choices. You want wealth, go earn it. There is nothing stopping you.
According to this report, Blacks make up 8% of millionaires. Maybe go do some research on what they have done to make it rich, you might learn something.

Sure you have.
Jews are white.

No they aren't.
"Asians" are not doing better, only East Asians from India. And that's becaudse of the H1B Visa. So again, stop repeating moronic white racist excuses.
Nope. The Chinese, Japanese, Indonesians, etc. are doing better than Whites.

Your question was stupid and you know good and well that racism exists in America right now. We get paid less than whites for doing the same job, we get denied busness loans more than whites, same for home loans. We have 2.7 percent of the wealth but are 13 percent of the population, and yet you want to pretend everything is equal now. But it isn't, everybody knows that, and that includes you. So don't ask me this question again.
Bullshit. Whites are denied the same things you are. Everyone isn’t equal in all things, and it’s not related to race. If you are denied loans, it’s pretty much related to your job, income, credit score, same as whites.

It’s idiotic to think because you are a certain percent of a particular race you are entitled to that percentage of wealth. You earn or inherit your wealth.

It’s idiotic to think because you are a certain percent of a particular race you are entitled to that percentage of wealth. You earn or inherit your wealth.
Agree. And the problem with thinking that wealth should just be distributed until blacks have 13% of it disincentivizes those bringing down the average from taking action to correct their actions - having babies out of wedlock, dropping out of school, etc.

Why should young blacks in the inner city buckle down and finish school and refrain from baby-making if they know they’re going to be “equitized” regardless?

Every indicator shows that the inequality that exists today is tied to past policies that excluded blacks based on race. So to alll our "experts" on being black in America, how do you solve inequality created because of race by ignoring race?

That's an easy one.

You do what Asians have done. You ignore the racists, don't whine about past injustices, and pool your resources to improve your situation.

You are going to make me do this again, aren't you?

1709249418889.png

Breaking it down by nationalities... The ONLY Asian nationality that is doing worse than white people are Burmese.

1709249527267.png

Asians have overcome racism by working hard, having high expectations of their children, and not whining about racism.

That's speculation and a red herring. I see plenty of black. people drive expensive cars. My neighbors across the street are a young black family who just had a baby. Grandma comes over and helps. She drives a BMW. Hasn't been stopped by the police once. You know why, probably because she drives within the laws, doesn't have warrants, doesn't evade police and if she does get pulled over, probably complies with the commands.

Now, you know what I really mean, and you can't answer it. At all. the only thing you can do is throw red herrings and strawmen out.
No, its not speculation. It's knowldege from lived experience. I know what you mean and answered it. You just don't want to accept the answer. You are wrong. Period.
Yes, there are racists in America. However, the narrative you want to espouse is that there is some systemic racist overture, that is by design, by some supreme white overlords, that is keeping blacks down. That is not the case, and you know damn well it's not the case.

It is the case and you know damn well it is because you are probably part of it.

The question you fail to ask is why? Bad credit is bad credit and credit is no respecter of race. If 50 whites and 50 blacks apply for a loan and 15 whites get denied and 30 blacks get denied, it's because credit history and the capacity to repay the loan. It's not a racial issue if whites have better credit than blacks. Blacks have the propensity to make good financial choices just like whites. Today, your race doesn't matter. Now 60 years ago, you had a case. Not any more.

Wrong. Not only have I asked why I have done research to get an answer and thats something you have not done. Don't be white telling how today race doesn't matter. When you turn black and live, come talk.

What you are describing all boils down to personal life choices. You want wealth, go earn it. There is nothing stopping you.
According to this report, Blacks make up 8% of millionaires. Maybe go do some research on what they have done to make it rich, you might learn something.
And blacks are 13 percent of the popuation. Do not be white lecturing somebody about personal choices because it has been the white personal choice to be racist that created this problem.

Nope. The Chinese, Japanese, Indonesians, etc. are doing better than Whites.
Not correct. The East Asian income pulls asian income all the way up. And there are many Asian groups.

Not correct. The East Asian income pulls asian income all the way up. And there are many Asian groups.

And if you look at the chart in Post #111, All of them are doing better on average than white people. Except for the Burmese, they are doing just slightly worse.

Now, it's not comparable. Asians haven't experienced what black folks have, and if you are Asian, you probably had just enough affluence to get here to start with.

But telling me, "Woe is me, racism in America is holding me back", and then I look at the Asians, who do far better than white folks despite racism.

No, its not speculation. It's knowldege from lived experience. I know what you mean and answered it. You just don't want to accept the answer. You are wrong. Period.

It is the case and you know damn well it is because you are probably part of it.
You are just a bag of hot speculative and recirculated air that has done nothing but fogged up your view of the world. If you could, for one minute, sit back and listen and engage with the mindset to learn something or understand another's point of view or fact based arguments, you may actually be worth the space you take up.
Wrong. Not only have I asked why I have done research to get an answer and thats something you have not done. Don't be white telling how today race doesn't matter. When you turn black and live, come talk.
Then provide the research. I can google and find articles that talk about the disparity of credit scores between whites and blacks. You know what those reports leave out, the data, and the WHY. Credit scores are not given at birth. A person's FICO is based on historical financial data that tracks a persons payment history and their debt to credit ratio. Credit worthiness has nothing to do with race and all about a person's own ability to repay. A bank today cannot discriminate. And if you have proof of such discrimination, I will be in line fighting that discrimination with you.
And blacks are 13 percent of the popuation. Do not be white lecturing somebody about personal choices because it has been the white personal choice to be racist that created this problem.
More blind racist speculation from a racist. Someone doesn't agree with you, they are a racist. For someone who says they are "educated", you have no idea how to logically engage with someone, at all. You might be the worst example on this entire forum, or at least in the top 10 of people who have no intention of trying to have logical discourse.

Now, again, name one thing that you a white person can do, that a black person can't do today? IM2, I am waiting.

You are just a bag of hot speculative and recirculated air that has done nothing but fogged up your view of the world. If you could, for one minute, sit back and listen and engage with the mindset to learn something or understand another's point of view or fact based arguments, you may actually be worth the space you take up.
That's what YOU are. You have not lived one second black. So why don't YOU sit back and listen to what black people are telling you because nothing I say has been speculation.

Then provide the research. I can google and find articles that talk about the disparity of credit scores between whites and blacks. You know what those reports leave out, the data, and the WHY. Credit scores are not given at birth. A person's FICO is based on historical financial data that tracks a persons payment history and their debt to credit ratio. Credit worthiness has nothing to do with race and all about a person's own ability to repay. A bank today cannot discriminate. And if you have proof of such discrimination, I will be in line fighting that discrimination with you.

You have not wanted to see the discrimination or the studies that prove it. This is just one.

“A recent study conducted by a team of researchers from the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, Utah State University, Brigham Young University, Rutgers University, and Lubin Research found that banks were three times more likely to request follow-up appointments with white business owners than better-qualified Black business owners, and the Black business owners were subjected to far greater personal and financial scrutiny compared to their equal or less creditworthy white counterparts.”

UNLV Home news/release/study-black-entrepreneurship-united-states

That's what YOU are. You have not lived one second black. So why don't YOU sit back and listen to what black people are telling you because nothing I say has been speculation.

You have not wanted to see the discrimination or the studies that prove it. This is just one.

“A recent study conducted by a team of researchers from the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, Utah State University, Brigham Young University, Rutgers University, and Lubin Research found that banks were three times more likely to request follow-up appointments with white business owners than better-qualified Black business owners, and the Black business owners were subjected to far greater personal and financial scrutiny compared to their equal or less creditworthy white counterparts.”

Study: Black Entrepreneurship in the United States,

More blind racist speculation from a racist. Someone doesn't agree with you, they are a racist. For someone who says they are "educated", you have no idea how to logically engage with someone, at all. You might be the worst example on this entire forum, or at least in the top 10 of people who have no intention of trying to have logical discourse.

Now, again, name one thing that you a white person can do, that a black person can't do today? @IM2, I am waiting

No, its called life experience as a black citizen of this country. You speculate because you don't have that lived experience. You are called what you are and you have been shown what blacks aren't able to do. You are the one who has no intention of having a logica discourse because you think yu can argue with my lived experience with your opinion.

Blacks who lived during the height of Jim Crow who live now or have lived in this era tell us that there us still much to do. So your opinion or silly questions don't matter. The fact is that white racism exists and because it des exist, there are limits to non white people. That's not speculation, it is reality.

The question has been posed:

How Do We Solve Racial Inequality Without Considering Race?

You can't answer that and your question has nothing to do with it.

Probably because the banks have a history of problematical black or minority debtors. It's a generalization, but organizations often use generalizations to set policy.

I know you are but what am I. You essentially respond with an 80's kids show catch phase, while at the same time, proving my point.

Study: Black Entrepreneurship in the United States,
I have seen the studies. I read the studies that you have provided in many of the ostentatious threads you post. The "studies" or reports that show black credit or loan approvals almost always state this, "Blacks have worse credit than whites" or "Blacks are disproportionately declined home loans vs whites". The articles then go on to point to laws or racist practices that happened 60-70 years ago for the root cause.

Two things. First, the Black american applying today for credit is now no longer subject to any racist SYSTEMIC lending practices. Period. That is not up for debate. If there is a racist loan officer out there that is doing something racist still today, that's terrible, and they should be held accountable. But there is nothing systemic today.

Second. These studies or reports always leave out the most important detail. Credit and financial responsibility of the applicant is the primary reason for denied loans. Banks and any lending institutions have standards by which they approve loans. Today, if you apply and you aren't approved, it has nothing to do with your skin color. Period. If you're credit is shit, that's because you made bad financial choices. These personal responsibility is almost always left out in the data or articles you provide.
No, its called life experience as a black citizen of this country. You speculate because you don't have that lived experience. You are called what you are and you have been shown what blacks aren't able to do. You are the one who has no intention of having a logica discourse because you think yu can argue with my lived experience with your opinion.
Tangible life experiences are valid to a point, and I have provided my own at times. At the end of the day, IM2, you could be a single white female on the other side of screen for all I know who enjoys trolling other white people for some crazy mental disorder.

At the end of the day, what matters is facts. What can a white person do today that YOU can't do as a black american?
Blacks who lived during the height of Jim Crow who live now or have lived in this era tell us that there us still much to do.
There is much to do, in the urban ghetto culture that espouses that type of attitude. And If experiences matter, for you, than per my experiences, I have worked with many Black Americans who have been successful because they have made good life choices. Again, what can a white person do today, that you as a black american can't do.

Oh, and here you go again with pointing out history as a variable for your experiences today.
So your opinion or silly questions don't matter.
If it's silly, than answer the question. Because you know if you answer honestly, where that puts your position.
I'll ask again. What can a white person do to day that you, IM2 can't do today?
The fact is that white racism exists and because it des exist, there are limits to non white people.
You're being disingenuous to exclude all forms of racism. Blacks can be racist, whites can be racist. It's really terrible. And the only true method to remove racism is to better educate our children.

What are those limits then. Name one thing you can't do today, that a white person can do. You have failed to answer the question.
That's not speculation, it is reality.

The question has been posed:

How Do We Solve Racial Inequality Without Considering Race?

You can't answer that and your question has nothing to do with it.
You need to define what "Racial Inequality" is. If you answer the question "What can't you do today that a white person can" it will help define the context of the discussion.

If a person is an alcoholic, you don't cure their disease without considering the existence of alcohol. The same goes for any problem. Crime has not been reduced by telling people that if they just stop talking about crime it will go away. But when it comes to race we get all kinds of opinions by people who benefit from racism continuing, telling blacks how to solve the problem. I'm sure you guys would take advice from the taliban on how to stop terrorism or Vladimir Putin on Democracy. But hey,, I'll play.

The racial wealth gap is the largest of the economic disparities between Black and white Americans, with a white-to-Black per capita wealth ratio of 6 to 1. It is also among the most persistent. In this paper, we construct the first continuous series on white-to-Black per capita wealth ratios from 1860 to 2020, drawing on historical census data, early state tax records, and historical waves of the Survey of Consumer Finances, among other sources. Incorporating these data into a parsimonious model of wealth accumulation for each racial group, we document the role played by initial conditions, income growth, savings behavior, and capital returns in the evolution of the gap. Given vastly different starting conditions under slavery, racial wealth convergence would remain a distant scenario, even if wealth-accumulating conditions had been equal across the two groups since Emancipation. Relative to this equal-conditions benchmark, we find that observed convergence has followed an even slower path over the last 150 years, with convergence stalling after 1950. Since the 1980s, the wealth gap has widened again as capital gains have predominantly benefited white households, and income convergence has stopped.

Every indicator shows that the inequality that exists today is tied to past policies that excluded blacks based on race. So to alll our "experts" on being black in America, how do you solve inequality created because of race by ignoring race?
Why do you always tie systemic racism to wealth and income disparity? In America today blacks are progressing financially at a fast pace thanks to the Civil Rights Act and other very generous programs aimed specifically at the black community.

Racism (preference for one's own race) will exist long after financial equity is reached by blacks. You are beating a horse that is not only dead but has decomposed long ago.

And, as I have pointed out several times in the past, blacks are in the spending phase of their financial development. In time it will change to the saving and investment phase as they gain experience and maturity.

Last edited:
Why do you always tie systemic racism to wealth and income disparity? In America today blacks are progressing financially at a fast pace thanks to the Civil Rights Act and other very generous programs aimed specifically at the black community.

Racism (preference for one's own race) will exist long after financial equity is reached by blacks. You are beating a horse that is not only dead but has decomposed long ago.

And, as I have pointed out several times in the past, blacks are in the spending phase of their financial development. In time it will change to the saving and investment phase as they gain experience and maturity.
I know how blacks are progressing better than you. Systemic Racism is tied to wealth and income disparity. Preference to ones own race does not include preference to not pay the same for the same work, or to deny entrepreneurs chances to start businsses, deny home loans, etc. Again, I am black so you can't tell me ---- about some phase you think blacks are in. Your assessment is wrong. Whites spend. Blacks have saved and invested. Whites have been the recipient of gigantic amounts of government help, that's the difference.

Forum List

Back