Wealth gap widens

You are ignorant and have no clue what capital gains are. Capital gains are not "taken out".
Capital gains are from WHEN YOU SELL AN ASSET.
Do you even know what capital is?
And people DO NOT SELL ASSETS when capital gains taxes are high thus stagnating the economy.
How do people get the capital they invest in assets? Pick it from trees? Find it on the side of the road? Save it from hard work?
Everytime someone sells something they INVESTED IN and receive a profit that is a capital gain. The lower the chances of making a profit then the less capital goes into investing in assets. And that means less jobs.
If there were no capital gains taxes then how many people would sell their assets and how would that affect the economy? And why would folks sell assets if there were notaxes on them? And if there were no future capital gains taxes then guess where those folks would put ALL of their capital to invest? And what does capital in the economy do when invested?
Economics 101 is available at your local community college. You need it bad.

I made all A's in economics in college.

Capital gains should be taxed as income if they are not re-invested in one year.

Then they are income.

That makes no sense.

1. Part of all capital gains is just inflation - the investor is being taxed real money on something that partly isn't a real gain.

2. All of the money (at least for capital gains on stocks) has already been taxed at the corporate level.

3. Unlike eg wages, capital gains requires in a time deferment in the realization of the gain. Treating it just like wages takes no account of this deferment and is therefore unfair.

If the fact that most Americans are clueless like Chris and we are in the situation we are in now because of such financial ignorance was not reality reading his posts would be comedy.

Hey Chris, this one should be an easy fastball right down the middle for you so hit it out of the park.
You have 1 million in capital to invest and you are the head of the investing group for your clients. You have decided that in this market that commercial real estate has been beaten down badly world wide. You decide that you want to invest your $$ in a commercial building.
Hong Kong has no capital gains taxes. US has capital gains taxes. Your job is to seek the highest ROI for your clients.
Where do you invest the $$ to get the highest ROI?
And as a result of that sound financial decision what affect does that have on the job market in America?
Now go get 'em boy, put that economic noggen to work and give us your best answer.

Last edited:
What part of fewer minorities own houses because fewer have good educations do you not understand?

It's not *just* because they don't have a good education. It's also because for 35 years whites participated in the great experiment to create suburbs courtesy of the federally-backed, low interest 30 year mortgage for people buying homes outside of city centers, while blacks didn't. During that time, whites were able to accumulate tremendous wealth through the value of their homes.

Do you have a fucking clue what you are talking about?
No, I didnt think so either.
fwiw, the gov't forced banks to lend to minorities, with lower standards, for most of that time.
And suburbs are more than 35 years old, although you sure aren't.

Fuck off? really? I give you context from actual life experience and you give me fuck off?

Yes, fuck off. Anyone who claims to know my background from a post on a message board, and then attempts to use that misapplied false logic to claim I'm bloviating talking points isn't worth the debate.

True, in a Junior High class debate you'd be removed for attempting to make claims about people you don't know and claiming they are bloviating talking points.

I have no interest in sharing any of my experience so that you can make more false claims about me.

You cry about context, I give you modern day life lived context and all I get from you is context from 2 generations ago? get real

a modern day life lived context? no you didn't. You gave me a line of crap on a message board and attempted to claim that what applies to you individually should also apply to all stereotypically.

It doesn't.

You could have just said " no, I have nothing to offer" lol

ps. no need to be so hostile, its not good for your blood pressure (ya know cause blacks have worse bp than whites) oops i stereotyped you again :eek:

Hostile? Let's review:

I thanked you for an earlier post. We had a somewhat lengthy civil discussion that seemed perfectly reasonable. Then, when it was clear that I wasn't going to bend over and agree with you, you dropped all pretense and went with this:

"I can tell plenty from your posts to know your bloviating about an issue that you have not yourself lived through and are just following straight party lines and politics."

and now you want to say that I'm the one being hostile? Really? I'm sorry if disagreeing with your personal assessment is being hostile to you.

You are ignorant and have no clue what capital gains are. Capital gains are not "taken out".
Capital gains are from WHEN YOU SELL AN ASSET.
Do you even know what capital is?
And people DO NOT SELL ASSETS when capital gains taxes are high thus stagnating the economy.
How do people get the capital they invest in assets? Pick it from trees? Find it on the side of the road? Save it from hard work?
Everytime someone sells something they INVESTED IN and receive a profit that is a capital gain. The lower the chances of making a profit then the less capital goes into investing in assets. And that means less jobs.
If there were no capital gains taxes then how many people would sell their assets and how would that affect the economy? And why would folks sell assets if there were notaxes on them? And if there were no future capital gains taxes then guess where those folks would put ALL of their capital to invest? And what does capital in the economy do when invested?
Economics 101 is available at your local community college. You need it bad.

I made all A's in economics in college.

Capital gains should be taxed as income if they are not re-invested in one year.

Then they are income.

That makes no sense.

1. Part of all capital gains is just inflation - the investor is being taxed real money on something that partly isn't a real gain.

2. All of the money (at least for capital gains on stocks) has already been taxed at the corporate level.

3. Unlike eg wages, capital gains requires in a time deferment in the realization of the gain. Treating it just like wages takes no account of this deferment and is therefore unfair.

We probably disagree on the overall discussion of taxing capital gains, but your first point is critical. Whatever the rate, capital gains need to be assessed based on the real dollar value of the gain on the asset. It would be complicated, but it ain't rocket science.

What part of fewer minorities own houses because fewer have good educations do you not understand?

It's not *just* because they don't have a good education. It's also because for 35 years whites participated in the great experiment to create suburbs courtesy of the federally-backed, low interest 30 year mortgage for people buying homes outside of city centers, while blacks didn't. During that time, whites were able to accumulate tremendous wealth through the value of their homes.

Do you have a fucking clue what you are talking about?
No, I didnt think so either.
fwiw, the gov't forced banks to lend to minorities, with lower standards, for most of that time.

You're really going to claim that banks were forced to loan to minorities between 1933 and 1968?

Really Rabbi? Yea, you probably will. Speaking of having a fucking clue - Have you ever heard or covenants? No, probably not. I'm sure you consider the Fair Housing Act of 1968 a wholly unnecessary piece of legislation since banks were already loaning to blacks, even though blacks can't lead!

And suburbs are more than 35 years old, although you sure aren't.

I have no idea where your pea-sized brain arrived at the conclusion that we were discussing the past 35 years. Try again.

Last edited:
I think the point 8537 is trying to make is that personal experiences shouldn't applied to the entire world you live in. Something happens to you or something youve seen personally doesn't mean that it happens all the time or is representative of the majority.

I think the point 8537 is trying to make is that personal experiences shouldn't applied to the entire world you live in. Something happens to you or something youve seen personally doesn't mean that it happens all the time or is representative of the majority.

That is a stupid point. All we all have are life experiences. I worked in the inner city for over 12 years remodeling schools and section 8 housing. Working for the army core of engineers requires that a certain percentage of my workers be hired from within the community I was working in. The housing that I worked on were very large complexes off of paseo ave and I would no sooner be out of 1 building, starting another and I would have to go back and fix all the shit the had torn up in less than a month. The schools weren't much different. The amount of employees I went through was as bad as any fast food chain. For the most part they were very lazy and were more concerned about what they were going to do and who they were going to hang with. I constantly had to deal with large crowds of unruly kids that when told to leave the area would just spit out every derogatory word in the book and look at you like your from mars. And I was the one fixing their homes. I've probably had far more face to face time with the minorities were speaking of than most of you or ANY congressman, minus a handfull.

I've traveled the country from Texas to DC doing these types of projects and for the most part these communities are all the same. If you think I'm full of it fine. Just don't stop to ask for directions at night if you get lost in any one of those neighborhoods.

Like I said earlier.... Just because you don't see it from your little bubble doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Edit: FYI, I also had to pay a prevailing wage to these guys. The lowest pay for a broom pusher was 14 an hour. And they still bitched and moaned. And that was over 10 years ago

No motivation at all to work. Clearly that wasn't everyone but it was a dam big chunk of em. Corolates perfectly to the wealth and education stats.

Last edited:
My bubble? I said that your personal experiences should not be used to condemn an entire community and I'm called stupid for that? Seriously?

Heres my point again. If you weren't rehabbing houses and dealing with contractors do you think your experiences would be the same with minorities no matter if it construction or minority police officers, mortgage lenders etc?

Don't make sweeping judgements about an entire community because of your experiences with section 8 housing and construction.

being so supremely jealous of people who are successful = gay.

All far left guys are motivated by one thing: they are miserable due to the level of fcukkedupedness in their own personal life decisions and spend the rest of their days as haters of anybody even marginally successful. Its the common thread that ties all of them together.

gay

Thankfully, the class warfare bullcrap they spew out every day of their lives is losing BIG over the last 2 years as things get more fcukked up in this country by the day. The worm has turned though s0ns............:coffee:

New first terms lows this week for the commander in phoney!!!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148634/Obama-Weekly-Job-Approval-Ties-Term-Low.aspx

Last edited:
My bubble? I said that your personal experiences should not be used to condemn an entire community and I'm called stupid for that? Seriously?

Heres my point again. If you weren't rehabbing houses and dealing with contractors do you think your experiences would be the same with minorities no matter if it construction or minority police officers, mortgage lenders etc?

Don't make sweeping judgements about an entire community because of your experiences with section 8 housing and construction.

I didn't call you stupid....

And secondly the people representative of those stats we've been discussing are the very people I've delt with. I never said it was everyone I said it was that segment of the community. I'm comparing apples to apples. You guys are the ones that keep bringing up everything else. Maybe you just don't realize how large the poverty community is in large cities.

That is a stupid point. All we all have are life experiences.

That's why we aggregate life experiences into data and research - so that we can understand the world beyond our own personal experiences.

Clearly that wasn't everyone but it was a dam big chunk of em. Corolates perfectly to the wealth and education stats.

In order to establish that correlation we have to look beyond our own life experience. It's almost certainly a proper correlation, and the causation probably exists as well. But you can't be certain of that from individual life experience, which invokes a wide range of biases into the claim

I've given you guys glaring facts about the "current plight" of the super poor and all you wanna do is deny its real and bring up shit from nearly a century ago. And as a result our poor in this nation will never be understood because you can't pull your heads out of the sand long enough to face facts. Until the horrible dependency on welfare is broken nothing will change. NOTHING. Yall just wanna throw money at it so you don't have to face it....sad

I think we all know how you explain it Rabbi - it's because "blacks can't lead".

Well, the obama is giving legitimacy to that claim.

Yes, because one black leader is not, in your eyes, leading well - it means blacks can't lead.

On the same note, since James Buchanan was a lousy leader it follows naturally that white people can't lead.

Of course, instead of defending his racist views Rabbi just neg-repped me instead.
He does not have to defend your charge of racism. As a matter fo fact you libs may as well dump that tactic. We will no longer waste time defending false accusations. We no longer care what stupid labels you wish to toss about.
Call is all the names you wish. Make accusations. We will no longer play your stupid game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the study compares middle class whites to middle class minorities right?

Because I missed where the study said it was conducted using the data from section 8 housing receipiants or those in construction compared to middle class whites.

Can you point that part out?

Yall just wanna throw money at it so you don't have to face it....sad

Where do you ever come up with this bullshit? Where has anyone said that? Or are you just continuing to assume things about others?

And BTW, you have no idea what other people face. What's sad is that you assume you do.

That's what we as a nation have always done. Not directed at anyone in particular.

huh? The Federal Housing Administration explicitly excluded blacks from loan services. The banks weren't allowed to issue federally-backed mortgages to them. It wasn't a conspiracy, it was legislation. No one went to jail because they were simply following the law set down in the act. Racial covenants existed across the US.

umm, Im discussing the problems of today not pre civil rights issues.

One can not discuss the issues of today without understanding the context of those issues - for instance, the fact that whites in America had a 160 year history of building and inheriting wealth in the United States before the first black Americans were legally allowed to do so. The impact of that can not be understated. The policies of the time created the segregation that forced blacks into blighted urban cores with declining schools while whites were able to accumulate wealth via a low-interest 30 yr mortgage in a suburban town free from said blight.

Context is important.
Here it comes....All you white folks must make amends for your ancestors. That fucking argument and 50 cents will get you a pay phone call.
I am sick and tired of douche bags like you telling me that I bear some sort of responsibility for the lifestyle some hip hopping homey that led his way into the correctional system.
Look Fucko...I had nothing to do with any of this shit. So you take that and cram it up your anal pore.

umm, Im discussing the problems of today not pre civil rights issues.

One can not discuss the issues of today without understanding the context of those issues - for instance, the fact that whites in America had a 160 year history of building and inheriting wealth in the United States before the first black Americans were legally allowed to do so. The impact of that can not be understated. The policies of the time created the segregation that forced blacks into blighted urban cores with declining schools while whites were able to accumulate wealth via a low-interest 30 yr mortgage in a suburban town free from said blight.

Context is important.
Here it comes....All you white folks must make amends for your ancestors. That fucking argument and 50 cents will get you a pay phone call.
I am sick and tired of douche bags like you telling me that I bear some sort of responsibility for the lifestyle some hip hopping homey that led his way into the correctional system.
Look Fucko...I had nothing to do with any of this shit. So you take that and cram it up your anal pore.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to thereisnospoon again."

Amen my friend. :clap2:

Well, the obama is giving legitimacy to that claim.

Yes, because one black leader is not, in your eyes, leading well - it means blacks can't lead.

On the same note, since James Buchanan was a lousy leader it follows naturally that white people can't lead.

Of course, instead of defending his racist views Rabbi just neg-repped me instead.
He does not have to defend your charge of racism.

When someone freely admits - and defends - that they believe blacks are incapable of leading, is really a "charge" of racism? Or is it a simple fact?

We will no longer waste time defending false accusations

So, if someone claims that blacks are incapable of leading you think stating that the view is racist is false? hmmm.

Forum List

Back