'We Thank Thee for the Privilege of Living as Free Men'

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Hollywood's 1954 Thanksgiving Prayer: 'We Thank Thee for the Privilege of Living as Free Men'

On Thanksgiving week in 1954, NBC aired a holiday-themed “Father Knows Best” that ended with the family praying before their meal, including thanking God “for the privilege of living as free men in a country which respects our freedom and our personal rights to worship and think and speak as we choose.”

Hollywood's 1954 Thanksgiving Prayer: 'We Thank Thee for the Privilege of Living as Free Men' | CNS News

It seems like a little oppression is what some people need to snap the hell out of it. Perhaps history classes should spend a little more time on freedom, and who does and doesn't have it.

• Banned
I wonder how that affects insurance company payouts...Is it a "technicality" for them to get out of their responsibility?

The National Weather Service has determined that the massive coastal storm that buried Ocean City under record floods on Oct. 29 was not a hurricane when it made landfall near the island.

Staff writer Richard Degener reports in The Press of Atlantic City that meteorologists have determined that Category 1 Hurricane Sandy was a "post-tropical cyclone" by the time it reached the New Jersey coastline. The designation has an important impact on how insurance companies process claims for storm damage.

It's Official: Sandy Was No Hurricane - Middletown, NJ Patch

Hollywood's 1954 Thanksgiving Prayer: 'We Thank Thee for the Privilege of Living as Free Men'

On Thanksgiving week in 1954, NBC aired a holiday-themed “Father Knows Best” that ended with the family praying before their meal, including thanking God “for the privilege of living as free men in a country which respects our freedom and our personal rights to worship and think and speak as we choose.”

Hollywood's 1954 Thanksgiving Prayer: 'We Thank Thee for the Privilege of Living as Free Men' | CNS News

They edited out the parts where "The queers stay in the closet and the darkies know their place, oh merciful Sky Pixie, and those women don't get to uppity and demand equal pay for equal work...."

I wonder how that affects insurance company payouts...Is it a "technicality" for them to get out of their responsibility?

The National Weather Service has determined that the massive coastal storm that buried Ocean City under record floods on Oct. 29 was not a hurricane when it made landfall near the island.

Staff writer Richard Degener reports in The Press of Atlantic City that meteorologists have determined that Category 1 Hurricane Sandy was a "post-tropical cyclone" by the time it reached the New Jersey coastline. The designation has an important impact on how insurance companies process claims for storm damage.

Damn, it must burn that Romney was done in by a mere "tropical storm" instead of a hurricane.

• Banned

They edited out the parts where "The queers stay in the closet and the darkies know their place, oh merciful Sky Pixie, and those women don't get to uppity and demand equal pay for equal work...."

Grow up.

• Banned

Damn, it must burn that Romney was done in by a mere "tropical storm" instead of a hurricane.

Wrong thread brain surgeon.

Must be some kind of weird fluke... but that's okay, man, I know it still burns after two weeks..

Hey, gonna tell me again how Obama was going to lose Colorado because a football player said so? That was a riot.

Does this thread have a point?

I think he misses the good old days of white, male straight supremecy...

Of course, he doesn't realize the reason why things were so good for White Males in the 1950's was because 25 years of FDR/Truman/Ike shifted the power from the wealthy to working folks.

The wealthy paid a 91% income tax, and one out of three workers belonged to a union.

Does this thread have a point?

I think he misses the good old days of white, male straight supremecy...

Of course, he doesn't realize the reason why things were so good for White Males in the 1950's was because 25 years of FDR/Truman/Ike shifted the power from the wealthy to working folks.

The wealthy paid a 91% income tax, and one out of three workers belonged to a union.

Hmmm, that and the world's manufacturing base had been devastated by WWII.

Must be some kind of weird fluke... but that's okay, man, I know it still burns after two weeks..

Hey, gonna tell me again how Obama was going to lose Colorado because a football player said so? That was a riot.

Seems you're the sore winner. You can't seem to stop dwelling on it. When the fog clears perhaps you'll have real opinions on the issues and not obsessing over how you ASSume others feel.

[

Seems you're the sore winner. You can't seem to stop dwelling on it. When the fog clears perhaps you'll have real opinions on the issues and not obsessing over how you ASSume others feel.

I have real opinions on the issues, just not ones you like.

Frankly, you are the one who should be taking stock right now. You guys spent 2 billion dollars, in an awful economy, and you still lost to a president who barely breaks 50% in approval ratings.

That level of fail, you should be wondering what you all did wrong.

(Hint, a large part of it is why guys like me walked out on you.)

[

Frankly, you are the one who should be taking stock right now. You guys spent 2 billion dollars, in an awful economy, and you still lost to a president who barely breaks 50% in approval ratings.

I'll do that on a Thanksgiving thread borne from a T.V. show. Imbecile.

[

BUt why did you pick that thread on that TV show?

Because you pine for a day when the white male held political supremecy... and now that they don't... you feel less "Free".

See the problem. It is really your inability to adapt that's the problem. Obama's victory is illegitimate to you because people like you didn't vote for him.

Because you pine for a day when the white male held political supremecy... and now that they don't... you feel less "Free".

See the problem. It is really your inability to adapt that's the problem. Obama's victory is illegitimate to you because people like you didn't vote for him.

When did you develop mind reading capablilities or do you just say whatever you pull from your ass? Short of that, you seem to have a knack for making up WHAT YOU SEEM TO THINK PEOPLE'S INTENTIONS are.

When did you develop mind reading capablilities or do you just say whatever you pull from your ass? Short of that, you seem to have a knack for making up WHAT YOU SEEM TO THINK PEOPLE'S INTENTIONS are.

Guy, you've spent 6000 posts putting your thought processes on display.

But If I am judging you incorrectly, please feel free to make a correction.

Forum List

Back