We should unite with libs and take to the streets on Port issue!

trobinett said:
Who gives a shit about Limbaugh?

Far as I`m concerned you could nuke most the places(New Orleans comes to mind) that Bush, and company is considering turning the administration over too. The really key word in that sentence is ADMINISTRATION, not SALE.

I`d be REAL interested in someone proving with links, :link: and facts, just HOW the risks "astronomically" outweigh the benefits.

This is a straight business deal, the left has jumped on this band wagon, and is riding it for all it`s worth.

Disgusting is what it is, and juvenile.

Are you for real?

Fact 1: two of the 9/11 terrorists were U.A.E. nationals

Fact 2: U.A.E. was one of only a handful of nations to recognize the Taliban has a legitimate government.

Hell there is enough reason right there.

Don't get pissed now that you've been outed has soft on national security like ol' GW.

Oh and is it just libs who are against it? Seems to me Repubs and Demos as well as the overwhelming majority of the American public see eye to eye on this.

OCA said:
Are you for real?

Fact 2: U.A.E. was one of only a handful of nations to recognize the Taliban has a legitimate government.

Hell there is enough reason right there.

Don't get pissed now that you've been outed has soft on national security like ol' GW.

Oh and is it just libs who are against it? Seems to me Repubs and Demos as well as the overwhelming majority of the American public see eye to eye on this.

Kind of a childish response. I asked, " I`d be REAL interested in someone proving with links, and facts, just HOW the risks "astronomically" outweigh the benefits." I don`t see anything about that in your response.

I further stated,"This is a straight business deal, the left has jumped on this band wagon, and is riding it for all it`s worth.". Deflection won`t help you ride this "pony" much further.

Don`t TELL me I`m wrong, SHOW me your right.

Still waiting.....................

trobinett said:
Kind of a childish response. I asked, " I`d be REAL interested in someone proving with links, and facts, just HOW the risks "astronomically" outweigh the benefits." I don`t see anything about that in your response.

I further stated,"This is a straight business deal, the left has jumped on this band wagon, and is riding it for all it`s worth.". Deflection won`t help you ride this "pony" much further.

Deflection???????????????? Have you been paying attention to the makeup of opposition to this treasanous deal since the story broke? Trying to classify it has being purely from the left is disingenuous on your part and lacks objectivity.

I provided you with two facts that have been thouroughly reported on and verified even by the likes of Limbaugh and other well known conservatives who support the deal, those two FACTS make the deal ludicrous right there, adding more will be pure overkill.

Childish? Kind of like the kettle calling the pot black. Where are your facts proving its a great deal for us considering the fact that this company will be government run and hey, when has a government ever run anything efficiently and with a profit?

Anyway my position is rock solid, keep up with the attacks though with me they will get you nowhere but the wrong side of a bludgeoning.

OCA said:

The people involved in the terrorist attackin London were from England and there was an American that aligned himself with the Taliban. Should we shut out Great Britian as well as be afraid of ourselves?

Those two were individuals. Don't judge a government because of two people.

OCA said:

The United States was allied with Russia during World War II, and within five years had started a half century long Cold War with them. We bombed the hell out of Japan, and today they are one of our strongest allies. I might also add that Jimmy Carter pushed for and got a half million dollars to give to what was then the Afghan rebels for the purpose of "public relations".

I'm not saying this one isn't a legitimate concern, but things can change. Consider where they are and what they have done since 9/11.[/QUOTE]

OCA said:

This is the most mixed Conservatives and Liberals have been since the Schiavo case. Personally, I'm still in the range of "let's see", but there are a lot of arguments that I think are an overreaction.

Or maybe it just scares me when I say the same thing Hillary Clinton does.

OCA said:
Deflection???????????????? Have you been paying attention to the makeup of opposition to this treasanous deal since the story broke? Trying to classify it has being purely from the left is disingenuous on your part and lacks objectivity.

I provided you with two facts that have been thouroughly reported on and verified even by the likes of Limbaugh and other well known conservatives who support the deal, those two FACTS make the deal ludicrous right there, adding more will be pure overkill.

Childish? Kind of like the kettle calling the pot black. Where are your facts proving its a great deal for us considering the fact that this company will be government run and hey, when has a government ever run anything efficiently and with a profit?

Anyway my position is rock solid, keep up with the attacks though with me they will get you nowhere but the wrong side of a bludgeoning.

A bludgeoning huh, from the likes of you, I seriously doubt it. :finger3:

As to your remark about ME being disingenuous as to the "left`s" role, in this bit of tom foolery. Listen up, I said, the left is keeping the pot stirred for political gain, some from right have jumped on board, true enough. As to why they have, I can only speculate, personal insecurity`s of one type or the other I imagine.

Government run or not, please explain to me why that should bother us.

We trust the government to run MANY facet`s of OUR lives. Private enterprise can generally do a better job, but I`m confident, that those in OUR government charged with overseeing this sale, have covered their ass`s in the likely hood these folks can`t perform.

In fact, maybe we`ll learn a thing or two, if, we are able to pull our head`s out of the sand long enough to see this sale to it`s conclusion.

They need to be handing out chill pill`s in the hall`s of congress, and on some talk radio show`s. :chillpill

trobinett said:

sigh*** however I will post one more time in case you missed them... :rolleyes:

www.ruudleeuw.com/vbout9.htm

www.ruudleeuw.com/vbout23.htm

Within these links are many other links that will answer your question on facts!

dilloduck said:
Really obsessed with this boogy man, arent ya?

you being the "boogy man" and all just taking your lead and posting and saying the same thiing over and over hoping eventually someone will believe me... :laugh:

archangel said:
you being the "boogy man" and all just taking your lead and posting and saying the same thiing over and over hoping eventually someone will believe me... :laugh:

This one dude is your entire reason for shit-canning the port deal?

dilloduck said:

I'm certain he's canning the deal cuz only a canhead would be for it.

dilloduck said:
And let's have a bit of a reality check here, all that is written here are simply our own opinions, none of us change one damn thing for either side here.

Now if you bother to write your representatives, you've done what you can do.

Kathianne said:
And let's have a bit of a reality check here, all that is written here are simply our own opinions, none of us change one damn thing for either side here.

Now if you bother to write your representatives, you've done what you can do.

I already did that...Frisk(only because he sent me a questionaire)...and my reps...Reid,Gibbons!

archangel said:
I already did that...Frisk(only because he sent me a questionaire)...and my reps...Reid,Gibbons!

yes. this is just one man's opinion. lol..

dilloduck said:
I wanna be there when you tell that to Tommy Franks. :poke:

would not be offended...he has a rep for listening to his mens opinions even if they disagree!

archangel said:

Good man--now did you tell them that you were against the port deal as is or did you recommended that they find a totally different country to lease to?

archangel said:
Who's Frisk? Do you mean Bill Frist?

archangel said:
would not be offended...he has a rep for listening to his mens opinions even if they disagree!

YA---he listened and laughed off all the uproar as sheer politics. He said we were idiots for not allowing the deal to go through.

Kathianne said:
Who's Frisk? Do you mean Bill Frist?

can I use it as a pun...he is frisky...no? It was a typo...just trying a little humor...sorry!

dilloduck said:
YA---he listened and laughed off all the uproar as sheer politics. He said we were idiots for not allowing the deal to go through.
That's not what he said. He did insinuate that the UAE had been spying on the Taleban and shared what they had learned prior to the invasion. He also made a point of saying that they had allowed flyover and landing rights to US/coalition.

He said he wanted to make the points of what a stedfast partner they'd been since 9/11, in spite of all the things they had done 'against' our interests prior to 9/11.

Forum List

Back