We need to have policy discussions based on the facts.

What is it about the vast distinction between legal and illegal immigration that has you so perplexed and confused?
Biden made a proposal for immigration reform from day one of his admin. What is it about Repubs refusing to engage in discussion about it that has you confused?

I'm not likely to take an opinion from NBC seriously
Too factual?

Contrary to the “open border” myth, U.S. borders are guarded by a vast and well-funded national security agency that has grown far larger and more powerful in recent years. Since 2001, U.S. Border Patrol has nearly doubled in capacity, from fewer than 10,000 agents to now more than 19,500. The Biden administration has requested $97.3 billion in funding for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2023, including billions of dollars for border security and interior immigration enforcement.

Conservatives have bastardized the news landscape to the point to where they enjoy their own sets of facts. They are not true (for the most part) but that doesn’t stop them from believing it.

My big question is why the powers-that-be on this board continues to allow it.

Any OP that runs counter to these three truths should be moved to the basement.
  • Covid vaccines are not poison. They have saved hundreds of millions of lives.
  • The 2020 election was not stolen. It has been investigated multiple times. Trump Lost.
  • There is no deep state. Bureaucrats of all political stripes work hard to protect their jobs. Forgive them if they aren’t thinking about the grand wishes of the founding fathers; they were hired by Department X to do a job.
I guess having all three in play helps mouse-clicks.
- The vaccine should not have been forced on people.

- All US elections are massively corrupt; the system is a sham.

- The Deep Swamp is very real, and very dangerous; look what it's been doing to Trump for 8 years.

Conservatives have bastardized the news landscape to the point to where they enjoy their own sets of facts. They are not true (for the most part) but that doesn’t stop them from believing it.

• The 2020 election was not stolen. It has been investigated multiple times. Trump Lost.
  • There is no deep state. Bureaucrats of all political stripes work hard to protect their jobs. Forgive them if they aren’t thinking about the grand wishes of the founding fathers; they were hired by Department X to do a job.
IRONY

Almost 9 out of 10 pounds of fentanyl are smuggled in by citizens, not immigrants
Almost 9 out of 10 pounds of fentanyl are smuggled in by citizens, not immigrants

Beliefs to the contrary are the result of purposeful misinformation. I suspect because Repubs want to demonize immigrants while refusing to engage in policy reform discussion because they have effectively wrapped the immigration crisis around the necks of Dems. All the while bearing responsibility unaccounted for due to their intransigence on entering in to a debate on compromise reform legislation.
Policy discussion? Here?

Too factual?

Contrary to the “open border” myth, U.S. borders are guarded by a vast and well-funded national security agency that has grown far larger and more powerful in recent years. Since 2001, U.S. Border Patrol has nearly doubled in capacity, from fewer than 10,000 agents to now more than 19,500. The Biden administration has requested $97.3 billion in funding for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2023, including billions of dollars for border security and interior immigration enforcement.

I didn't read it. You do and it's because you're stupid

You're ignorant.

False equivalences are one of the many tools RWM uses to blur the distinction between reality and bullshit.
As an informed independent, I wouldn't be as conversant as you are with bullshit. :)

Biden made a proposal for immigration reform from day one of his admin. What is it about Repubs refusing to engage in discussion about it that has you confused?
He reversed what was a very effective "remain in Mexico" policy that Trump had in place.

Europe has finally decided that enough is enough. When will America?

Last edited:
Enhance Border Security and Invest in an Efficient Immigration System. The Budget includes billions of dollars to keep America’s borders secure and enforce our immigration laws. Funding will be used to modernize port and border facilities, invest in technology, ensure the safe and humane treatment of migrants in DHS custody, and reduce the backlog of immigration cases.

• The Budget funds the hiring of 300 new Border Patrol agents and 300 new Border Patrol Processing Coordinators to respond to migration along the Southwest border. The additional Processing Coordinators will allow existing agents to focus on their core counterterrorism, law enforcement, and security missions.
  • Last week, DHS and the Department of Justice published an interim final rule to improve and expedite the processing of asylum claims. The Budget includes $375 million to support operationalizing this important rule, so that those who are eligible for asylum are granted relief quickly, and those who are not are promptly removed.
  • The Budget includes $20 million in continued support for the Family Reunification Task Force’s work to identify and reunite families who were separated under the Trump Administration’s Zero-Tolerance Policy.

What about that says "open borders?"

To think either of the two criminal gangs has any desire or plans to stop illegal immigration, after decades of open border policies, is beyond ignorant.
Claiming there is a policy of open borders is beyond ignorant. See posts #23 and 34.

Forum List

Back