We need to change posting requirements

Can be easily stopped.
I have never understood why this site allows a brand new member to make unlimited threads.
Or else make a requirement you can only post an introduction until you have made 50 posts

There is an approval process but it times out and automatically approves if no mod is online.
You mean everytime one of us posts a new thread, a mod approves it?
No, I meant new members who post links for the first (I forget hoe many) posts.
It used to be 10 posts before they can post a link.

But, I have already signed up for Chinese reading and writing lessons. Should I cancel the instructions? If the Chinese spam is going to get blocked the lessons will be a waste of time.

But, I have already signed up for Chinese reading and writing lessons. Should I cancel the instructions? If the Chinese spam is going to get blocked the lessons will be a waste of time.
Just get one of the fake diplomas and go to work for the UN being an interpreter.

Now, after having said that, I have noticed that these spammers start off by just starting threads that contain (what seem to be) random letters and/or numbers. That is probably their way of getting by any post number requirements. Soooo . . . I guess that wouldn't work either.

It doesn't bother me much. When I sign in I put the latest spammer on ignore and never see them again.

It would have to be a LARGE number of posts before they were allowed to start a new thread, like 50 or more. By then, you would be able to figure if they were spamming or not, I'm sure.

What we need are more mods on late at night. I know Coyote lives in West Virginia. Maybe she can pick up a meth habit. :dunno:

89871.png

th

I vote that every new female poster has to sit in my lap for an hour before posting a new thread for each of her first one hundred new threads.

*****LECHEROUS CHUCKLE*****

;)

Can be easily stopped.
I have never understood why this site allows a brand new member to make unlimited threads.
Or else make a requirement you can only post an introduction until you have made 50 posts

There is an approval process but it times out and automatically approves if no mod is online.

Aye, but that is just one of the options. Another is to not allow a thread at all until X number of posts.
Now that is an interesting possibility!

I've seen that feature on other forums, so there is a way to do it, but we'd need the admins.

Can be easily stopped.

Aye, but that is just one of the options. Another is to not allow a thread at all until X number of posts.
Now that is an interesting possibility!

I've seen that feature on other forums, so there is a way to do it, but we'd need the admins.
I agree they could get rid of the chinese spammer because they come when you guy's the mods are not here at the forum.

Forum List

Back