We need to change posting requirements

Some jackass keeps flooding the site with bullshit posts in the early am. TTT1681681680... today.

It has to be some sort of bot. There is no other explanation. They post 50 posts, and all happen at the exact same time.

They may have to have moderators approve all new accounts, which would suck.

What we need are more mods on late at night. I know Coyote lives in West Virginia. Maybe she can pick up a meth habit. :dunno:

Can be easily stopped.
I have never understood why this site allows a brand new member to make unlimited threads.

Can be easily stopped.
I have never understood why this site allows a brand new member to make unlimited threads.
Or else make a requirement you can only post an introduction until you have made 50 posts

Can be easily stopped.
Or else make a requirement you can only post an introduction until you have made 50 posts

There is an approval process but it times out and automatically approves if no mod is online.

Can be easily stopped.

There is an approval process but it times out and automatically approves if no mod is online.
You mean everytime one of us posts a new thread, a mod approves it?
No, I meant new members who post links for the first (I forget hoe many) posts.

Can be easily stopped.

Aye, but that is just one of the options. Another is to not allow a thread at all until X number of posts.

Can be easily stopped. I have never understood why this site allows a brand new member to make unlimited threads.
Why can't a filter be installed that rejects any post with Chinese characters in the subject line? The posts contain identical strings. It should be relatively simple.

Can be easily stopped.

Aye, but that is just one of the options. Another is to not allow a thread at all until X number of posts.
Now that is an interesting possibility!

Can be easily stopped. I have never understood why this site allows a brand new member to make unlimited threads.
Why can't a filter be installed that rejects any post with Chinese characters in the subject line? The posts contain identical strings. It should be relatively simple.
I don’t know what the software allows but that too is interesting.

I think not allowing a thread to be posted is good....

Can be easily stopped.

Now that is an interesting possibility!

Unless they have changed the options in the past several years, that is one.
Take a look at slashdot.org one of the most restrictive forums out there.

Forum List

Back