Mods Why Is This Primitive Site So Vulnerable to Malware and Bot Accounts

Personally...I am tired of coming here in the wee hours and am bombarded by spammers who take over the whole board. Its ridiculous. :cranky:

An easy fix would be to require moderator approval of new accounts

Last edited:
A few days ago, early in the morning, I noticed this poster opening threads in the CDZ that just had a number for a title, for example 61. Then another thread, 62. There were several. Then the same poster started with the Chinese spam. He was obviously testing with the ones in English in the CDZ. I have no idea how any of these works, but can a bot do that?

th

Then there's the question of how this thread can exist when all caps were utilized in the title?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Come on! Invest in basic security.

We know of NO malware on this site. If you suspect it -- file a detailed report. The spammer problem is because we're a community open to enroll by all. And FILTERING new members from Spammers isn't as easy at it looks. We don't want to exclude anyone that wants to discuss in english. Not ex - pats in Asia or Americans working or serving overseas.

An easy fix would be to require moderator approval of new accounts

There is screening of new accounts. It actually catches 90% of the problems. It's the dead of the night problem that's been the problem. It's Mid-day in Asia when no one is awake here except USMB NightCrawlers.

We're gonna hire a few Russians to work the graveyard shift. That way the sun never sets on the USMB Empire.

:biggrin:

Forum List

Back