We need a class war

miller

Rookie
Nov 5, 2010
Bridgeport, CT
A war takes two sides.

For the past 30 years the Reagan Revolution destroyed the middle class. Our middle class would be 99% against the privileged class but the conservatives (about 25 to 30%) must be subtracted because the conservatives are against the middle class and the unions that created the middle class.

Now we're down to 70% against 30%. But then there are the liberals who are in the stupid trance that keeps voting for Democrats.

We need a party that will shut down all the crap coming in from China that makes the privileged class billions more $$ while the factories in America keep closing.

Unions killed their Golden Goose with greed...

as long as we're making general statements and all..

The problem with that is that different members of each class have different beliefs as to if and how they are to be degraded by or are to be degrading others.

that is to say that people are divided more by ideology than class

Why doesn't China have unions similar to those in the U.S.?

I was in Wal Mart this afternoon. Chicago Cutlery- MIC. Oneida- MIC. All around us- Made In China. We've been reduced to a nation of selling other people's shit.
We used to make the shit. Now we eat the shit.

Private Sector Workers should take a 20% cut in pay to allow corporations to stimulate the economy and hire more workers.

A war takes two sides.

For the past 30 years the Reagan Revolution destroyed the middle class. Our middle class would be 99% against the privileged class but the conservatives (about 25 to 30%) must be subtracted because the conservatives are against the middle class and the unions that created the middle class.

Now we're down to 70% against 30%. But then there are the liberals who are in the stupid trance that keeps voting for Democrats.

We need a party that will shut down all the crap coming in from China that makes the privileged class billions more $$ while the factories in America keep closing.
Are you a Thom Hartman fan?

I was in Wal Mart this afternoon. Chicago Cutlery- MIC. Oneida- MIC. All around us- Made In China. We've been reduced to a nation of selling other people's shit.

I think communism has a lot to do with it...

and profit will always be the bottom line...

But.. I do share your frustration on this...

So, it was those dirty Teacher's Unions, and the Unions in private enterprise, what few are left, that shipped all those jobs to China.

You guys are a hoot. You do all but stand on your head to avoid saying the truth. That is was the very wealthy that shipped those jobs overseas, and are using the lack of jobs to lower wages here in the US.

Yes, there has been class warfare for the last 30 years at least. And the working American has lost every battle thus far.

A war takes two sides.

Unions created the middle class? Thats the biggest bunch of bullcrap Ive ever heard.

The fact is there is no middle class. There are no classes. Classes are political construct that has been created by politicians and believed by jealous people who want what others have worked hard and earned. The "Class" system is an artificial construct designed to divide people by stiring up their envy, jealousy, and covetousness nature so that they can be enslaved.

I don't accept some artificial class construct. I have nothing against rich people. I have nothing against poor people. In fact, I have no problem serving all people no matter how much or how little they have.

If you want to start a war amongst slaves to the class system, Im going to have to oppose it. I oppose everything that is based on lies. I am especially opposed to hating people because you are jealous of them or covet their belongings.

This type of behavior has been clearly condemned by the Lord God since Moses came down from Mt Sinai. The Ten commandments havent been revoked. It's still wrong to murder. It's still wrong to steal. It's still wrong to bear false witness against your neigbor. It's still wrong to covet your neighbors belongings. And it's still wrong to disobey the command to work and labor six days and rest of the seventh.

Live the commandments, all of them. And you won't have this problem. You can go to war with others over something as silly as a political construct created to divide you from your brother. Or you can make a better choice. You can learn to love others as you would yourself. You can reach out. You can keep the commandments of God and you can prosper in the land.

The fact is there is no middle class. There are no classes. Classes are political construct that has been created by politicians and believed by jealous people who want what others have worked hard and earned. The "Class" system is an artificial construct designed to divide people by stiring up their envy, jealousy, and covetousness nature so that they can be enslaved.

You're right, there are no "classes" per se, just people with differing income and wealth levels that divided themselves accordingly and associate with and live among others of similar means.

If it makes you feel better, we'll call them "Socioeconomic Strata" rather than classes.

A war takes two sides.

Unions created the middle class? Thats the biggest bunch of bullcrap Ive ever heard.

I don't accept some artificial class construct. I have nothing against rich people. I have nothing against poor people. In fact, I have no problem serving all people no matter how much or how little they have.

If you want to start a war amongst slaves to the class system, Im going to have to oppose it. I oppose everything that is based on lies. I am especially opposed to hating people because you are jealous of them or covet their belongings.

This type of behavior has been clearly condemned by the Lord God since Moses came down from Mt Sinai. The Ten commandments havent been revoked. It's still wrong to murder. It's still wrong to steal. It's still wrong to bear false witness against your neigbor. It's still wrong to covet your neighbors belongings. And it's still wrong to disobey the command to work and labor six days and rest of the seventh.

Live the commandments, all of them. And you won't have this problem. You can go to war with others over something as silly as a political construct created to divide you from your brother. Or you can make a better choice. You can learn to love others as you would yourself. You can reach out. You can keep the commandments of God and you can prosper in the land.

The middle class exists as do other stratifications within our (and all other) society. That they are a "construct" is true, but one developed to understand the real world. One might, and many do, consider the concept of a "Lord God" a construct too, with much less proof of reality.

Work is noble, and work can be measured by the toll it takes and the misery it mitigates. Workers and those who labor have been exploited throughout history; there have also been those who benefit from the labor of others by birth'right' or circumstance; history is replete with events, large and small, where the underclass rises up and says "No". It's happening today in the middle east and may happen in our nation in the future. Greed tends to corrupt; absolute Greed corrupts absolutely.

The greatest irony is the 'class' of conservatives oppose the rights of workers to organize, both public and private sector unions are under attack; conservatives oppose gun control, abortion and progressive taxation. It doesn't take a genius to see such policies in full force and effect will grow an armed underclass ripe to rebel. And much like a greek tragedy the class of callous conservatives will bring upon themelves that which they most fear.

Have any of these people been union members? Are unions perfect? Is there a privileged class who bribe Congress to keep out of prison?

My city Bridgeport, CT has factories closed everywhere. There were 100,000 people working in those factories making great products. Those workers had money to spend and time off too. They earned their wages and their time off.

I was a member of the NMU and the MEBA.

Forum List

Back