We Miss You, Bubba

What bunch of bull. Clinton was a centrist "new democrat"....

and you loons harassed him from the day he went into office... which is why the loons spent 70 million dollars investigating him...

because that was the really important priority...investigating 9/11 was only worth 7 million.

Really, it's so disingenuous it isn't funny.

fwiw, investigations tend to cost less (tons less) when both sides want the truth and no one is obstructing justice. However, I'll grant that by the end of it, I didn't care if Billy Jeff was guilty as sin or not, I just wanted it over. (which I think was his plan the whole time the mad genius)
The History Place - Impeachment: Bill Clinton

But really the only reason I responded to the post at all was the line about being "disingenuous". That is a tough pill to sawllow from the same side of the isle that screamed "W" was a monster and a murderer (not you, I don't know you, lol) when Billy Jeff had just as much blood on his hands and acted just as unilaterally. (probley much more blood) Life in Iraq was hell and worse for Clinton's 8 years of ignorence is bliss. Then there was that "other thing"....

Iraq
Effects of Iraq Sanctions ? Global Issues
Rwanda
GENOCIDE - RWANDA

There was also that small little but growing strong housing bubble thing that was also quietly ignored (by republicans too) that the later Bush tax cuts could only hide for so long. (and Bush "W" also failed to squash and kill frannie and freddie sub-prime ponzi fwiw)

Meh, it's all old news anywho. And sad as it all is and sad as it all was, yeah, somehow the Clinton years were, in fact, the good old days.

WOW:tongue: (were screwed)

I don't miss Bubba.

His wag the door phoney war in the Blakans turned it into a haven for Muslim extremists many carrying US approved visas.

I don't miss Bubba.

His wag the door phoney war in the Blakans turned it into a haven for Muslim extremists many carrying US approved visas.

You "forced" me to go find an oldish article I read on the subject awhile back. I found it interesting from the standpoint that it was from 2008 and I was guilty of not having read really anything about the region since, probably the Slobadan(sp?) trial, or longer.

Anyway, I mention it only because it (surprisingly) contradicts what you said above. However, like I say, this is the only thing I've read about the region in a very long time and only came across it because it happened to be in a magazine I like.

Whatever, for anyone who cares.... lol

The (Really) Moderate Muslims of Kosovo by Michael J. Totten, City Journal Autumn 2008

Michael J. Totten
The (Really) Moderate Muslims of Kosovo
The world’s newest country is a model of Islamic tolerance.

Not a burka in sightOn February 17, 2008, Kosovo declared independence from Serbia, becoming the newest country in the world—and one of the most unusual. Most of its citizens are Muslim, an oddity in Europe; further, unlike most Muslim-majority nations, Kosovo is overwhelmingly pro-American, and its relations with Israel are excellent as well. No Arab countries have recognized the new nation’s existence yet, and only Saudi Arabia has said that it will. Perhaps this isn’t surprising, since Kosovars differ more radically from their brothers in the Arab world than any other Islamic people on earth.

Forum List

Back