“we cannot deport 11 million people”

Polarbear makes plenty of assertions, the emphasis on "ass". What silly comments. Give us evidence, Polarbear. The GOP has to reach out to minorities and women or fade into the background forever.

Undocumented immigrants are here because of 50 years of unsecured boarders, unfair immigration policies, and laws and regulation that can not be enforced. To solve the problem we have deal with the cause of the problem not the result. The 11 million will be absorbed, not deported because it's simply not practical to do so.

We should have open borders. It’s like the honesty policy. But you know what they say about good intentions leading to hell. People lie deceive and manipulate. And, with the birth rate of Latin America, they have so little space and so little resources, what are they SUPPOSED to do? I am not feeling sorry for these people, whose fault is it they are overpopulated and under planned? I just don't think irresponsible people can breed like bunnies and expect their wealthier neighbors to take up the slack regardless. My biggest pet peeve is calling illegal aliens “undocumented IMMIGRANTS”. That is beyond being a euphemism. It is contemptible as to be a lie. It’s appalling that given the current political environment, it’s seen as pejorative and racist to state the obvious. Maybe it isn't practical to fight against illegal aliens than it is against fraud, murder or all the other moral weakness humans are kin too. That still doesn’t mean we should accept it. Fight the darkness.
An undocumented immigrant is anyone who does not possess a green card, a valid visa, or proof of citizenship. A person with a student visa or travel visa that has expired is considered an undocumented immigrant although they have no intent on immigrating to this country. A child born in the US that does not have a birth certificate is also considered an undocumented immigrant, even thou they are US citizens. A child brought to this country as baby illegally by its parents is an undocumented immigrant. Anyone who's visa has expired and has applied for an extension is undocumented. Lastly, anyone who has lost documents required to prove they are legally in the US, are considered undocumented. A person who was given amnesty, but did not file the proper papers is considered undocumented.

An undocumented immigrant is not just someone who came into the US illegally.

Polarbear makes plenty of assertions, the emphasis on "ass". What silly comments. Give us evidence, Polarbear. The GOP has to reach out to minorities and women or fade into the background forever.

Only because the GOP has abandoned the principles that got them elected to office in the first place, and in doing so, has alienated it's primary voting base.
As a former Republican, I can honestly say "I didn't leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me."

Undocumented immigrants are here because of 50 years of unsecured boarders, unfair immigration policies, and laws and regulation that can not be enforced. To solve the problem we have deal with the cause of the problem not the result. The 11 million will be absorbed, not deported because it's simply not practical to do so.

We should have open borders. It’s like the honesty policy. But you know what they say about good intentions leading to hell. People lie deceive and manipulate. And, with the birth rate of Latin America, they have so little space and so little resources, what are they SUPPOSED to do? I am not feeling sorry for these people, whose fault is it they are overpopulated and under planned? I just don't think irresponsible people can breed like bunnies and expect their wealthier neighbors to take up the slack regardless. My biggest pet peeve is calling illegal aliens “undocumented IMMIGRANTS”. That is beyond being a euphemism. It is contemptible as to be a lie. It’s appalling that given the current political environment, it’s seen as pejorative and racist to state the obvious. Maybe it isn't practical to fight against illegal aliens than it is against fraud, murder or all the other moral weakness humans are kin too. That still doesn’t mean we should accept it. Fight the darkness.
An undocumented immigrant is anyone who does not possess a green card, a valid visa, or proof of citizenship. A person with a student visa or travel visa that has expired is considered an undocumented immigrant although they have no intent on immigrating to this country. A child born in the US that does not have a birth certificate is also considered an undocumented immigrant, even thou they are US citizens. A child brought to this country as baby illegally by its parents is an undocumented immigrant. Anyone who's visa has expired and has applied for an extension is undocumented. Lastly, anyone who has lost documents required to prove they are legally in the US, are considered undocumented. A person who was given amnesty, but did not file the proper papers is considered undocumented.

No, but it's someone who is here illegally.

Only because the GOP has abandoned the principles that got them elected to office in the first place, and in doing so, has alienated it's primary voting base.
As a former Republican, I can honestly say "I didn't leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me."

You are absolutely wrong about that. The GOP mainstream base rejected reactionary candidates and took MR, who could have and should have campaigned much better. The TeaP hatred and mantra chanting helped alienate swing voters.

Accept that we don't want your type in the GOP, except for your vote. Religious and neo-con reactionaries can lower their tantrums or go elsewhere.

According to immigration, an undocumented immigrant is anyone in the US who cannot produce paperwork to prove they are in this country legally. This can include people born in this country without birth certificates or other documentation. It also includes those with visas that have applied for an extension but their paperwork is backlogged.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement deports about a million people each year which includes US citizens who were not able to produce sufficient paperwork before they are deported. To make things even worse, many of these people can't get back into the US to plead their case even thou they have documentation proving they are US citizens.

Tolerance and diversity are fine. As long as we ALL share a sense of commonality. Language, culture, history and tradition. We should all be as an extended family. If we accept illegal aliens as IMMIGRANTS, that is a break from the American Family. Illegals are ersatz. They aren’t respecting the preexisting culture, nor are they following in the revered footsteps of prior legal immigrants. As a few posters have mentioned : “They are here, lady so get used to it”: That weak willed mentality is the problem, AND mealy mouthed acceptance of illegal aliens is why they have become such an issue. Fight the darkness. Don’t give into that mentality.

We all now understand you know nothing of immigrant history to America and the USA.
Jake,

Pardon me for butting in, but what I know about immigration is my grandparents on both sides migrated here from Germany and Holland with documented invitation. My maternal grandmother was quarantined for 13 days at Ellis Island with influenza. Others who had such communicable conditions as tuberculosis were refused entry and sent back home.

That system was starkly different from that of allowing anyone who is capable of sneaking in from anywhere being allowed to stay. We already know such a breakdown in control serves to invite a crime wave, various diseases, and seriously destructive social problems.

I'm not opposed to immigration and I have nothing against Mexicans (the predominate category of illegals), the vast majority of whom are decent, hard-working people, owing to their strong religious convictions. But the flow of migrants into this Country must be controlled -- and there is a way to do it. The only reason it isn't being done is our corrupted Congress and President are covertly subordinate to a corporatocracy which is concerned with eliminating unions and having access to an unlimited source of low-wage workers (a de-facto slave class). Illegal immigration accommodates that insidious purpose and is pushing this Nation toward third world status.

I agree with this part: "But the flow of migrants into this Country must be controlled". You do it this way: first, control the border so that immigration of illegals are tightened to a trickle that can be managed; second, punish businesses severely that hire knowingly illegal immigrants; third, immigration reform.

This will work if done in this order.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement deports about a million people each year which includes US citizens who were not able to produce sufficient paperwork before they are deported. To make things even worse, many of these people can't get back into the US to plead their case even thou they have documentation proving they are US citizens.
Flopper,

I haven't heard of this being a common problem. Why can't the U.S. consulates assist these American citizens? Can you supply links with some details?

You are absolutely wrong about that. The GOP mainstream base rejected reactionary candidates and took MR, who could have and should have campaigned much better. The TeaP hatred and mantra chanting helped alienate swing voters.

Accept that we don't want your type in the GOP, except for your vote. Religious and neo-con reactionaries can lower their tantrums or go elsewhere.

That's fine. But where I go, so goes my vote.

That's fine. But where I go, so goes my vote.

Please do. Losing your vote is preferable to the loss of two votes who are turned off by the reactionary behavior.

Flopper,

I haven't heard of this being a common problem. Why can't the U.S. consulates assist these American citizens? Can you supply links with some details?
It's not a common problem but it does happen. Unless you can prove you're an American citizen, a consulate is not likely to help, particular if you have been deported.

Jacqueline Stevens, Ph.D.: Deporting American Citizens: ICE's Mexican-izing of Mark Lyttle

Flopper,

It's not a common problem but it does happen. Unless you can prove you're an American citizen, a consulate is not likely to help, particular if you have been deported.

Jacqueline Stevens, Ph.D.: Deporting American Citizens: ICE's Mexican-izing of Mark Lyttle

From your article:

Q. Do you remember why you were ordered removed in December 2008?

A. I talked to an ICE officer and I asked her how Mexico was and to put me over there just to see how it was. She made up some kind of paperwork to make it look like I was from there.

Q. Did you ever tell the ICE officer you were from Mexico?

A. I never told her that.

Looks like he got what he asked for....

Flopper,

Okay. Thanks for the link.

I was thinking about what I would do if, for example, I was in Mexico, or some other country, and all my ID was lost or stolen. There must be some standing provision for such a circumstance, which I will assume occasionally happens.

I agree with this part: "But the flow of migrants into this Country must be controlled". You do it this way: first, control the border so that immigration of illegals are tightened to a trickle that can be managed; second, punish businesses severely that hire knowingly illegal immigrants; third, immigration reform.

But what about the eleven million already here?

And don't you think the problem would virtually solve itself if jobs were not available to anyone without proper documentation? I believe the solution to the problem is a foolproof citizen ID card, which the present nature of American society calls for. And when an example is made of a few employers of illegals the present situation would immediately reverse.

Flopper,

Okay. Thanks for the link.

I was thinking about what I would do if, for example, I was in Mexico, or some other country, and all my ID was lost or stolen. There must be some standing provision for such a circumstance, which I will assume occasionally happens.
If you don't have any id at all, you have a problem. However, if you look and sound like you are from the US and have family the consulate can contact, you can work things out eventually. But imagine that you don't have any family or friends that the consulate can contact, then you have a really big problem. There are some organizations such as travelers aid international that can help.

Detainees due have a right to due process, but in reality they can be locked for a long time while they attempt to prove they belong in the US. Of course if the detainee is being investigated by home land security, due process goes out the window.

But what about the eleven million already here?

And don't you think the problem would virtually solve itself if jobs were not available to anyone without proper documentation? I believe the solution to the problem is a foolproof citizen ID card, which the present nature of American society calls for. And when an example is made of a few employers of illegals the present situation would immediately reverse.
If we can control the boarders so as stop the flow into the country, then I think we should give them some kind of legal residency. Would that really be a bad solution? About 90% have jobs. They all pay sales tax. Most of them pay income tax through payroll withholding but rarely file returns and thus don't get refunds. They pay social security tax but are not eligible for benefits and they do jobs that few Americans want.

Last edited:

According to immigration, an undocumented immigrant is anyone in the US who cannot produce paperwork to prove they are in this country legally. This can include people born in this country without birth certificates or other documentation. It also includes those with visas that have applied for an extension but their paperwork is backlogged.

Baloney

Flopper,

Yeah, Mark Little said "put me in Mexico" so they did. What a shame. Maybe he should have been careful what he asked for. Having been put in Mexico, it's not that hard to get back. Go to the nearest American Consulate, they can fax your paperwork and give you a visa so you can go home. Man they really had to stretch for that one.

Forum List

Back