CDZ We Bet On The Wrong Horse Again

Obama damaged both the Middle East and the Untied States reputation
lol. You're funny :p The President got our kids out of that circular firing squad Frankie on his Repub predecessor's timeline.

why do you lie?.

No, your President threw again the peace and stability bought at much cost in Iraq.

I would post the Battle of Ramadi again, where they declared "AQ is defeated in Al Anbar" but it won't make a difference because you worship Obama as a deity
I'm not the least bit interested in having my son go back for a fourth trip to Iraq. How about you? What are you willing to sacrifice?

Where did your son serve?
Since you've chosen to make personal innuendos that's probably about as much personal information as I'm going to share.

You choose to ignore "AQ is defeated in Al Anbar" and posted about your son.

A certain someone doesn't have the faintest idea about the circumstances involved in occupying a country where a majority of the population would prefer to see you strung up as infidels, endless deployments resulting in increased #'s of suicide & divorce, and roadside bombs that are never seen leave one with TBI & with lost limbs. All so that he can say that his party, who started the optional, hugely expensive- in lives and treasure, UNPAID-FOR war was right.

NEWSFLASH!!! The entire country & world knows that was the biggest boondoggle in a generation.

Know who would love to see us tied down in that sandbox for another decade or two? China, Russia, & Iran.

You really don't "get it"

A certain someone doesn't have the faintest idea about the circumstances involved in occupying a country where a majority of the population would prefer to see you strung up as infidels, endless deployments resulting in increased #'s of suicide & divorce, and roadside bombs that are never seen leave one with TBI & with lost limbs. All so that he can say that his party, who started the optional, hugely expensive- in lives and treasure, UNPAID-FOR war was right.

NEWSFLASH!!! The entire country & world knows that was the biggest boondoggle in a generation.

Know who would love to see us tied down in that sandbox for another decade or two? China, Russia, & Iran.

You really don't "get it"

I get it.

Why don't you ask these soldier how they feel about Obama switching sides AFTER they secured Al Anbar

"secured" al anbar lol.

Sounds reminiscent of "taking a hill" in the 'Nam. It will revert back next week.

Are you being hyperbolic Frank? I can't tell.

Why are Repub tools hell bent on sending OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS into circular shooting galleries. Not to mention the extravagant costs associated with doing that in both pay to soldiers, contractors, mercs, healthcare for life (as I mentioned two minutes ago), etc...

Just so they can say "our $3 TRILLION, UNPAID-FOR, OPTIONAL WAR WAS JUSTIFIED :eusa_snooty: :rolleyes-41:

Thinking people know the answer to that.

Seek help. I'm serious.

"secured" al anbar lol.

Sounds reminiscent of "taking a hill" in the 'Nam. It will revert back next week.

Why are Repub tools hell bent on sending OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS into circular shooting galleries. Not to mention the extravagant costs associated with doing that in both pay to soldiers, contractors, mercs, healthcare for life (as I mentioned two minutes ago), etc...

Just so they can say "our $3 TRILLION, UNPAID-FOR, OPTIONAL WAR WAS JUSTIFIED :eusa_snooty: :rolleyes-41:

Seek help. I'm serious.

War on Poverty is $85 Trillion

"secured" al anbar lol.

Seek help. I'm serious.

I posted it before, read it this time

Battle of Ramadi 2006 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Raider" Brigade takes over Ramadi[edit]
In January 2007, the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, on its third tour to Iraq, arrived in Ramadi and assumed responsibility from Macfarland's brigade on February 18 at a transfer ceremony at Camp Ramadi. During the ceremony, which was attended by Sheikh Sattar, MacFarland said that his brigade had lost 86 soldiers, sailors and Marines during the 8 month campaign (though the Brigade had spent a total of nearly 17 months in Iraq).[43][44]

In January 2007, Ramadi averaged approximately 35 enemy attacks on US forces per day. Following heavy fighting over an 8-week campaign, which was led by a Task Force commanded by 1st Brigade, 3rd ID, also known as Task Force Raider, attacks in the brigade's area of operations dropped to one or two per day within the city of Ramadi. In the early months of 2007, 3-69 Armor Battalion, in conjunction with two Marine Battalions, along with TF PathFinder was largely responsible for securing Southern and Central Ramadi. By August 2007, Ramadi had gone 80 consecutive days without a single attack on US forces and the 1st BDE, 3rd ID commander commander, Colonel John Charlton, stated, "...al-Qaida is defeated in Al Anbar". However, despite 1-3 ID's effectiveness, insurgents continued to launch attacks on Ramadi and the surrounding areas in the weeks and months to follow. On June 30, 2007, a group of between 50 and 60 insurgents attempting to infiltrate Ramadi were intercepted and destroyed, following a tip from Iraqi Police officers. The insurgents were intercepted by elements of the 1st Battalion, 77th Armor on 30 June 2007 and on 1 July 2007 they were destroyed by elements of Bravo company, 2nd Squad, 1st platoon, 1-18 Infantry Regiment. 1-18 operated out of the Ta'Meem district of Ramadi's western sector. North of Ramadi, elements of 3-69 Armor, whose headquarters had been moved north of Ramadi, engaged elements of al-Qaeda in Iraq who had taken refuge in rural areas north of the city. After several counter-insurgency operations, 3-69 AR Battalion effectively removed Al Qaeda in Iraq from the greater Anbar province. By March 2008, Ramadi, Iraq had become a vastly safer city than it had been only a year before and the number of enemy attacks in the city had fallen drastically. Years later, by mid 2012, Ramadi remained far safer than it had been since 2003.[45][46][47]

Iraqi Police Development Played a Key Role in Tribal Engagement Strategy[edit]
One major shortcoming in the efforts to wrest control of Ramadi from the insurgency was the failure of the Iraqi Police to effectively combat the insurgency. As part of the Tribal Engagement Strategy, Ready First developed and implemented a plan to quickly recruit, train, and employ Iraqi Policemen on the streets of Ramadi. COL MacFarland, and LTC James Lechner, Deputy Brigade Commander, successfully developed an Iraqi Police recruiting, training, and employment plan that was implemented by HHC, 2-152 Infantry (Mech), an Army National Guard unit that lived in Iraqi Police Stations and Combat Outposts conducting daily patrols and clearing operations with their counterparts. HHC, 2-152 Infantry, also known in Ramadi as "the 152nd", or the Police Transition Team (PTT) Company would provide the Iraqi Police in Ramadi with the leadership and oversight that proved crucial in re-establishing a police presence in Ramadi to ensure insurgent forces did not return to neighborhoods that had been secured. Consequently, the success of the Iraqi Police program in Ramadi convinced the Ramadi populace that their government could effectively provide for their security needs, a critical element of defeating the insurgency. The 152nd PTT Company's Iraqi Police efforts began in October 2006 and would continue through the departure of Ready First and into the tenure of 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division until the 152nd departed in October 2007. The 152nd was responsible for recruiting, training, and conducting patrols with hundreds of Iraqi Police, and opened several new Iraqi Police stations in the city of Ramadi"

so "keeping a lid on it" at the taxpayer's expense is STILL your answer? Why do you hate our grandchildren so that you would saddle them w/ debt fighting a war for people who won't do it themselves and will drop their guns and walk away the moment we leave?

"secured" al anbar lol.

Seek help. I'm serious.

I posted it before, read it this time

In January 2007, the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, on its third tour to Iraq, arrived in Ramadi and assumed responsibility from Macfarland's brigade on February 18 at a transfer ceremony at Camp Ramadi. During the ceremony, which was attended by Sheikh Sattar, MacFarland said that his brigade had lost 86 soldiers, sailors and Marines during the 8 month campaign (though the Brigade had spent a total of nearly 17 months in Iraq).[43][44]

In January 2007, Ramadi averaged approximately 35 enemy attacks on US forces per day. Following heavy fighting over an 8-week campaign, which was led by a Task Force commanded by 1st Brigade, 3rd ID, also known as Task Force Raider, attacks in the brigade's area of operations dropped to one or two per day within the city of Ramadi. In the early months of 2007, 3-69 Armor Battalion, in conjunction with two Marine Battalions, along with TF PathFinder was largely responsible for securing Southern and Central Ramadi. By August 2007, Ramadi had gone 80 consecutive days without a single attack on US forces and the 1st BDE, 3rd ID commander commander, Colonel John Charlton, stated, "...al-Qaida is defeated in Al Anbar". However, despite 1-3 ID's effectiveness, insurgents continued to launch attacks on Ramadi and the surrounding areas in the weeks and months to follow. On June 30, 2007, a group of between 50 and 60 insurgents attempting to infiltrate Ramadi were intercepted and destroyed, following a tip from Iraqi Police officers. The insurgents were intercepted by elements of the 1st Battalion, 77th Armor on 30 June 2007 and on 1 July 2007 they were destroyed by elements of Bravo company, 2nd Squad, 1st platoon, 1-18 Infantry Regiment. 1-18 operated out of the Ta'Meem district of Ramadi's western sector. North of Ramadi, elements of 3-69 Armor, whose headquarters had been moved north of Ramadi, engaged elements of al-Qaeda in Iraq who had taken refuge in rural areas north of the city. After several counter-insurgency operations, 3-69 AR Battalion effectively removed Al Qaeda in Iraq from the greater Anbar province. By March 2008, Ramadi, Iraq had become a vastly safer city than it had been only a year before and the number of enemy attacks in the city had fallen drastically. Years later, by mid 2012, Ramadi remained far safer than it had been since 2003.[45][46][47]

One major shortcoming in the efforts to wrest control of Ramadi from the insurgency was the failure of the Iraqi Police to effectively combat the insurgency. As part of the Tribal Engagement Strategy, Ready First developed and implemented a plan to quickly recruit, train, and employ Iraqi Policemen on the streets of Ramadi. COL MacFarland, and LTC James Lechner, Deputy Brigade Commander, successfully developed an Iraqi Police recruiting, training, and employment plan that was implemented by HHC, 2-152 Infantry (Mech), an Army National Guard unit that lived in Iraqi Police Stations and Combat Outposts conducting daily patrols and clearing operations with their counterparts. HHC, 2-152 Infantry, also known in Ramadi as "the 152nd", or the Police Transition Team (PTT) Company would provide the Iraqi Police in Ramadi with the leadership and oversight that proved crucial in re-establishing a police presence in Ramadi to ensure insurgent forces did not return to neighborhoods that had been secured. Consequently, the success of the Iraqi Police program in Ramadi convinced the Ramadi populace that their government could effectively provide for their security needs, a critical element of defeating the insurgency. The 152nd PTT Company's Iraqi Police efforts began in October 2006 and would continue through the departure of Ready First and into the tenure of 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division until the 152nd departed in October 2007. The 152nd was responsible for recruiting, training, and conducting patrols with hundreds of Iraqi Police, and opened several new Iraqi Police stations in the city of Ramadi"
Uh huh, I remember that. I was dining on some wild mushroom soup and baby back ribs at the Hard Rock Cafe in Ramadi in 2008, when it occurred to me: It sure is quiet around here, not one suicide bomber all week.

Frank thinks our troops like being rotated in-and-out of the same 100 in the shade, alcohol-free, muslim country endlessly IF they manage to keep all their limbs and not suffer traumatic brain injury

Defense.gov Special Report Traumatic Brain Injury
July 15, 2014
Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury is one of the invisible wounds of war, and one of the signature injuries of troops wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq. This Defense.gov special report highlights the Defense Department's efforts to care for wounded warriors suffering from this condition while promoting research to improve diagnosis and treatment.

080506-M-6668G-026.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

^ Ramadi Pre-Obama

44d52cd2-fac2-4035-a3dd-a2b3fa56514e_16x9_600x338.jpg

^Ramadi Post-Obama

Q. Why do Progressives keep deflecting from Obama's Clear and obvious failure in Iraq?

A. Duh, because they're Progressives
More deep, thoughtful analysis from this forum's resident scholar on defense and foreign affairs.

It's simple: Obama destabilized Iraq, Syria and Libya
I'm sure it's just that simple for you.

Only because it is. What don't you understand? It's like abandoning Germany in 1945, or my favorite analogy is its like the NYC Mayor disbanding the Police Department after a crime free week

Simple and easy to understand

080506-M-6668G-026.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

^ Ramadi Pre-Obama

^Ramadi Post-Obama
The ill advised invasion and poorly planned occupation of Iraq could never be counted as any kind of success. It was a complete screw up from day one. We invaded with too few troops to occupy and establish law and order, then we disbanded the Iraqi Army and excluded all Bath Party members from participating in anything. Obviously stupid decisions for which we will continue to reap the consequences for many years to come. The Bush Administration people were evidently too stupid to realize that being a Bath Party member in Iraq was the same as being a Nazi Party member in Germany in the 1930s; if you wanted a decent job, you joined the party. We used many former Nazis to run Germany after the war. The Bush people were a little too slow to make these kind of distinctions.

Q. Why do Progressives keep deflecting from Obama's Clear and obvious failure in Iraq?

A. Duh, because they're Progressives
More deep, thoughtful analysis from this forum's resident scholar on defense and foreign affairs.

Only because it is. What don't you understand? It's like abandoning Germany in 1945, or my favorite analogy is its like the NYC Mayor disbanding the Police Department after a crime free week

It's nothing like abandoning Germany, not even remotely similar.
080506-M-6668G-026.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

^ Ramadi Pre-Obama

^Ramadi Post-Obama
The ill advised invasion and poorly planned occupation of Iraq could never be counted as any kind of success. It was a complete screw up from day one. We invaded with too few troops to occupy and establish law and order, then we disbanded the Iraqi Army and excluded all Bath Party members from participating in anything. Obviously stupid decisions for which we will continue to reap the consequences for many years to come. The Bush Administration people were evidently too stupid to realize that being a Bath Party member in Iraq was the same as being a Nazi Party member in Germany in the 1930s; if you wanted a decent job, you joined the party. We used many former Nazis to run Germany after the war. The Bush people were a little too slow to make these kind of distinctions.

Well, you keep ignoring all the hard work done by the troops, including your (imaginary) son who allegedly served there. Its hard for me to imagine that as a Dad you'd be OK with his efforts going over to the enemy in record time, then again, I'm not a Progressive.

I'll post Battle of Ramadi again, since it's clear you never heard of it

One major shortcoming in the efforts to wrest control of Ramadi from the insurgency was the failure of the Iraqi Police to effectively combat the insurgency. As part of the Tribal Engagement Strategy, Ready First developed and implemented a plan to quickly recruit, train, and employ Iraqi Policemen on the streets of Ramadi. COL MacFarland, and LTC James Lechner, Deputy Brigade Commander, successfully developed an Iraqi Police recruiting, training, and employment plan that was implemented by HHC, 2-152 Infantry (Mech), an Army National Guard unit that lived in Iraqi Police Stations and Combat Outposts conducting daily patrols and clearing operations with their counterparts. HHC, 2-152 Infantry, also known in Ramadi as "the 152nd", or the Police Transition Team (PTT) Company would provide the Iraqi Police in Ramadi with the leadership and oversight that proved crucial in re-establishing a police presence in Ramadi to ensure insurgent forces did not return to neighborhoods that had been secured. Consequently, the success of the Iraqi Police program in Ramadi convinced the Ramadi populace that their government could effectively provide for their security needs, a critical element of defeating the insurgency. The 152nd PTT Company's Iraqi Police efforts began in October 2006 and would continue through the departure of Ready First and into the tenure of 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division until the 152nd departed in October 2007. The 152nd was responsible for recruiting, training, and conducting patrols with hundreds of Iraqi Police, and opened several new Iraqi Police stations in the city of Ramadi."

It's nothing like abandoning Germany, not even remotely similar.
080506-M-6668G-026.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

^ Ramadi Pre-Obama

^Ramadi Post-Obama

Well, you keep ignoring all the hard work done by the troops, including your (imaginary) son who allegedly served there. Its hard for me to imagine that as a Dad you'd be OK with his efforts going over to the enemy in record time, then again, I'm not a Progressive.

I'll post Battle of Ramadi again, since it's clear you never heard of it

One major shortcoming in the efforts to wrest control of Ramadi from the insurgency was the failure of the Iraqi Police to effectively combat the insurgency. As part of the Tribal Engagement Strategy, Ready First developed and implemented a plan to quickly recruit, train, and employ Iraqi Policemen on the streets of Ramadi. COL MacFarland, and LTC James Lechner, Deputy Brigade Commander, successfully developed an Iraqi Police recruiting, training, and employment plan that was implemented by HHC, 2-152 Infantry (Mech), an Army National Guard unit that lived in Iraqi Police Stations and Combat Outposts conducting daily patrols and clearing operations with their counterparts. HHC, 2-152 Infantry, also known in Ramadi as "the 152nd", or the Police Transition Team (PTT) Company would provide the Iraqi Police in Ramadi with the leadership and oversight that proved crucial in re-establishing a police presence in Ramadi to ensure insurgent forces did not return to neighborhoods that had been secured. Consequently, the success of the Iraqi Police program in Ramadi convinced the Ramadi populace that their government could effectively provide for their security needs, a critical element of defeating the insurgency. The 152nd PTT Company's Iraqi Police efforts began in October 2006 and would continue through the departure of Ready First and into the tenure of 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division until the 152nd departed in October 2007. The 152nd was responsible for recruiting, training, and conducting patrols with hundreds of Iraqi Police, and opened several new Iraqi Police stations in the city of Ramadi."

It isn't my imagination that's in question here. Your abridged version of history is.

lol. You're funny :p The President got our kids out of that circular firing squad Frankie on his Repub predecessor's timeline.

why do you lie?.

No, your President threw again the peace and stability bought at much cost in Iraq.

I would post the Battle of Ramadi again, where they declared "AQ is defeated in Al Anbar" but it won't make a difference because you worship Obama as a deity
I'm not the least bit interested in having my son go back for a fourth trip to Iraq. How about you? What are you willing to sacrifice?

Where did your son serve?
Nice dodge. :thup:

I'll ask: who is going to pay for you types to fight other people's wars and who are you going to send to fight the roadside bombs 57Frank?

We're already paying the soldiers, right?

Right or wrong, we decided as a nation to invade Iraq.

We subdued AQ and Insurgents, right?

Why did we then decide to throw that all away?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. What?

Frank thinks our troops like being rotated in-and-out of the same 100 in the shade, alcohol-free, muslim country endlessly IF they manage to keep all their limbs and not suffer traumatic brain injury

Defense.gov Special Report Traumatic Brain Injury
July 15, 2014
Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury is one of the invisible wounds of war, and one of the signature injuries of troops wounded in Afghanistan and Iraq. This Defense.gov special report highlights the Defense Department's efforts to care for wounded warriors suffering from this condition while promoting research to improve diagnosis and treatment.
If Iraqis won't fight for themselves, then they aren't worth even one more American being sacrificed.

Forum List

Back