We Are To Blame For Dishonest Politicians

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I've been told several times by posters that I shouldn't expect my representative to be honest to me. What was the phrase; "All politicians lie!!"

Is there any small wonder that they are so dishonest????

I believe that if you know a candidate is lying you shouldn't vote for that candidate. But again..this is stupid...to some. They all lie. Let em through.

Once you discover that a politician has been lying to you the smart thing to do is get rid of him....call for his or her resignation. If he or she makes promises and doesn't keep them then they have in all respects betrayed the trust you placed in them to act on your behalf. This is a bond between those who serve and those that send them to serve. In any republic or representative government trust is an essential element.

So why is is so acceptable for them to lie to us? Doesn't this assure that our leaders will lie to us if we accept their lies? I'm really finding it hard to grasp this mindset. It seems that the bigger the lie the better their chances are for elective office. Nancy Pelosi scoffed at the premise that Obama was being dishonest when he said that negotiations on health care would be televised. She bluntly said "People will say anything during a campaign".

Thanks for the tip lady. I know where your head is. I think once her constituents heard that admission they shouldn't vote for her...because she is dishonest and proud of it.

Figure the odds on that ever happening.

So we elect these lying jerks time after time and we complain when they are discovered to be liars. We make up excuses for them because we all know they really are concerned about us.

This is highly doubtful.

What they are really concerned about is what will keep them in that cushy job. Taking that into account what good can a dishonest politician really do for us. I would think that all they would produce is laws that are dishonest.

Last edited:
Well, a lot of it is because the media won't hold Democrats accountable, ever. It's like pulling teeth. All we can do is vote, and write our Congressmen and women. It is the media's job to hold them to the fire.

Journalism takes a hike when it comes to Democrats unfortunately. Even Fox is lame with them.

Well, a lot of it is because the media won't hold Democrats accountable, ever. It's like pulling teeth. All we can do is vote, and write our Congressmen and women. It is the media's job to hold them to the fire.

Journalism takes a hike when it comes to Democrats unfortunately. Even Fox is lame with them.

Fox spent this morning pointing out the lies and still they are accused of being no different then CNN or the other state-run media sources. Glenn Beck has spent the last couple of months pointing out the lies, the communism that pasts for liberalism, and the crazy Mo Fos that Obama is attempting to put in charge of our lives.....and still they aren't doing enough I guess.

I've been told several times by posters that I shouldn't expect my representative to be honest to me. What was the phrase; "All politicians lie!!"

Is there any small wonder that they are so dishonest????

When politicians do lie, of course the MSM only holds the Republicans accountable

Fox spent this morning pointing out the lies and still they are accused of being no different then CNN or the other state-run media sources. Glenn Beck has spent the last couple of months pointing out the lies, the communism that pasts for liberalism, and the crazy Mo Fos that Obama is attempting to put in charge of our lives.....and still they aren't doing enough I guess.

File under: 'Journalism takes a hike'

What will you do when you find out Fox News is lying to you?

Scott McClellan: White House Fed Fox News Talking Points

Former WH Press Secretary admits Bush Administration Regularly Gives "Talking Points" to Fox News Commentators

Read more...

Talking Point: An idea which may or may not be factual, meant to provide the most effective attack to saturate discourse and frame a debate. When used politically, the purpose is to propagandize by continuous repetition within media outlets until accepted as fact.

Similar to how the Communist news outlet, Pravda, and Nazi propaganda chief, Josef Goebbels, offered information to the Folks™, Scott McClellan admitted that Bush White House used Fox commentators as their spokespeople feeding them what they wanted the Folks™ to believe. At least that's what Scott McClellan now has acknowledeged.

Former WH Press Secretary admits Bush Administration Regularly Gives "Talking Points" to Fox News Commentators

Similar to how the Communist news outlet, Pravda, and Nazi propaganda chief, Josef Goebbels, offered information to the Folks™, Scott McClellan admitted that Bush White House used Fox commentators as their spokespeople feeding them what they wanted the Folks™ to believe. At least that's what Scott McClellan now has acknowledeged.[/QUOTE]

Oh you mean just like when Politico reports that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel holds daily chit chat sessions with several Old Media pals
:eusa_whistle:

Side note: your poor attempt at Godwin's law is noted
:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:

Similar to how the Communist news outlet, Pravda, and Nazi propaganda chief, Josef Goebbels, offered information to the Folks™, Scott McClellan admitted that Bush White House used Fox commentators as their spokespeople feeding them what they wanted the Folks™ to believe. At least that's what Scott McClellan now has acknowledeged.

Oh you mean just like when Politico reports that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel holds daily chit chat sessions with several Old Media pals

:eusa_shhh:[/QUOTE]

--------------------------------------------

You FORGOT something pea brain...

[/QUOTE]

Oh I did not forget anything fister

Your great leap into logic has been noted

We are just applying your logic to the left- see how well it works
:lol:

Oh I did not forget anything fister

Your great leap into logic has been noted

We are just applying your logic to the left- see how well it works
:lol:[/QUOTE]

Logic? Let's start with simple reading comprehension...Mudwhistle introduced the concept of 'truth'...NOT ME...

Read more...

Talking Point: An idea which may or may not be factual, meant to provide the most effective attack to saturate discourse and frame a debate. When used politically, the purpose is to propagandize by continuous repetition within media outlets until accepted as fact.

This example is most likely a cover for what the new administration was planning on doing. Raum Emanuel was reported to have daily conference call sessions with George Step for CBS and with CNN reporters. So basically Obama staffers were giving talking-points to the press. This wasn't a rumor...it was openly reported.

Turns out Scotty boy was a two-faced back-stabbing liar trying to sell a book. A book I believe never went anywhere in short order. It's currently collecting dust on many a libs's bookshelves in between their copiy of Richard A. Clarke's "Against All Enemies" and their copy of Michael Moore's "Stupid White Men". Which is on the same shelf with their DVD copies of "Fahrenheit 9/11", and Al Gore's " An Inconvenient Truth".

I guess they're breathlessly waiting for those to come out in Blue-ray.

Last edited:

Read more...

This example is most likely a cover for what the new administration was planning on doing. Raum Emanuel was reported to have daily conference call sessions with George Step for CBS and with CNN reporters. So basically Obama staffers were giving talking-points to the press. This wasn't a rumor...it was openly reported.

Turns out Scotty boy was a two-faced back-stabbing liar trying to sell a book. A book I believe never went anywhere in short order. It's currently collecting dust on many a libs's bookshelves in between their copiy of Richard A. Clarke's "Against All Enemies" and their copy of Michael Moore's "Stupid White Men". Which is on the same shelf with their DVD copies of "Fahrenheit 9/11", and Al Gore's " An Inconvenient Truth".

I guess they're breathlessly waiting for those to come out in Blue-ray.

So let me make sure I have it straight...OK?

If you want to know the truth about politicians, simply tune into Fox News who gets their talking points from the GOP...

Republicans like Scott McClellan tell only the truth when working as press secretary for a GOP president, BUT THEN they become ball-faced liars once they leave that GOP administration.

Then I guess Fox analyst Dick Morris who worked for Bill Clinton lied when he was employed by Clinton, BUT NOW he tells only the truth...

CBS and CNN have NO choice what to report, they are forced to air Obama 'talking points' verbatim...

Did I miss anything 'Einstein'???

A question

How would you know if a politician is lying to you?

Please elaborate on how you come to that realization. What if they made claims that turn out not to be true, would you still think he is honest, or would you consider that individual a possible liar and seek to remove them and their supporters from office?

You are sort of stuck. As far as the politicians can tell, lies are effective, telling the truth costs you your job. That is their experience.

"How would you know if a politician is lying to you?"

Their mouth is moving and making noise?

always assume that what a politician says is at best seriously slanted.

Last edited:
If politicians were only able to serve one term at least they would only have one term to be dishonest.
Stop voting for incumbents. One term is enough. Public office should not be a career.
Throw the bums out and NEVER vote for incumbents.
The power is in our hands. It doesn't matter if you think they did a good job, it's best for our country to limit politicians to 1 term.
Don't vote for incumbents.

Politicians are employees. They are employees of us, the general public of the United States. They do not work for themselves. They work for us and are accountable to us. If you run a business, you must have employees that you can trust and you expect those employees to be completely honest and up front with you. If they are not, you cannot be sure the employee is doing what is in your best interest. When I ran my business, if I caught an employee telling me a lie we would have a little chat behind closed doors. If caught again telling me lies, I dismissed the employee because trust was essential in my profession. With that said, we should expect the same truthfulness and accountability from our elected officials. In my opinion, anything less is not acceptable. I do, however, agree with the statement that we have nobody to blame except for ourselves. When we elect an official we expect them to be honest with us. When they are less than honest, and we continue to re-elect them, than it is correct to say that we have nobody to blame except for ourselves for this politicians behavior because what we do when we re-elect them is to enable them. That is wrong on our part. It is also unethical and unacceptable for the politicians to be lying in the first place.

If politicians were only able to serve one term at least they would only have one term to be dishonest.
Stop voting for incumbents. One term is enough. Public office should not be a career.
The power is in our hands. It doesn't matter if you think they did a good job, it's best for our country to limit politicians to 1 term.

Actually, that is not a good idea.

All term limits would do is drive down the cost of a politician. Imposing term limits on politicians is equvalent to flooding the power market with cheap goods. Political Results and public enthusiasm would actually deteriorate. Politics would become dirtier.

Actually, that is not a good idea.

All term limits would do is drive down the cost of a politician. Imposing term limits on politicians is equvalent to flooding the power market with cheap goods. Political Results and public enthusiasm would actually deteriorate. Politics would become dirtier.

I never advocated imposing term limits by law. We already have term limits, stop voting for career politicians is what I said.
Federal government in the United States was never meant to be a career. We already have the power to put a stop to it.
Stop voting for incumbents.

Forum List

Back