We Also Have Fewer Horses And Bayonets

And yet, that's exactly what he did with reference to horses and bayonetts.

only to the truly desperate, like you.

Yeah... desperate. Wouldn't I need to be desperate first?

The types of ships might change, but our navy still needs ships. Claiming we don't is saying we dont need the navy. We do

I don't recall Obama stating that the US doesn't need ships; only that US security can't be measured by the number of battleships we posses, or the DOD's bloated budget.

The types of ships might change, but our navy still needs ships. Claiming we don't is saying we dont need the navy. We do

he didn't say that.

try not to be more stupid than your genetic make up requires.

Calling me stupid doesn't change the fact that Obama was calling the Navy irrelevant and outdated.

saying that obama said something he didn't say is stupid.

sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Oh, snap!

:lol:

"You mention the Navy, for example, and the fact that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets," Obama said during the final presidential debate. "We have these things called aircraft carriers and planes land on them. We have ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines."

"It's not a game of battleship where we're counting ships, it's 'What are our priorities?'" he said.

source

Eating up perceived witty catch phrases work for simpletons at used car lots,not so much for the more capable.

Oh, snap!

"You mention the Navy, for example, and the fact that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets," Obama said during the final presidential debate. "We have these things called aircraft carriers and planes land on them. We have ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines."

"It's not a game of battleship where we're counting ships, it's 'What are our priorities?'" he said.

source

Eating up perceived witty catch phrases work for simpletons at used car lots,not so much for the more capable.

you have to pretty fucking stupid to read what obama said and come away with *obama said the navy is irrelevant*

true story

saying that obama said something he didn't say is stupid.

sorry to be the one to break it to you.

And yet. He still said it, Del. I can't change that.

nor can you link it.

funny that

You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military's changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines.
OBAMA: And so the question is not a game of Battleship, where we're counting slips. It's what are our capabilities. And so when I sit down with the Secretary of the Navy and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, we determine how are we going to be best able to meet all of our defense needs in a way that also keeps faith with our troops, that also makes sure that our veterans have the kind of support that they need when they come home.

feel free to point out where obama said the navy is irrelevant.

i'll wait

Read more: Transcript: Presidential debate, Oct. 22, 2012 (text, video) - Politico Staff - POLITICO.com

Oh, snap!

source

Prioritizing is for simpletons? God help us if Romney's elected. The loons will be running the asylum. :cuckoo:

he didn't say that.

try not to be more stupid than your genetic make up requires.

Calling me stupid doesn't change the fact that Obama was calling the Navy irrelevant and outdated.

He was calling Romney's view of the Navy irrelevant and outdated.

Try to keep up skippy, we don't have time for remedial classes.

676231638.png

Forum List

Back