WayBackMachine Catches the Birth of the Birther Movement

IanC

Gold Member
Sep 22, 2009
Apr 3 2007 -
...unts his adventures and mishaps during the 1991 Iditarod. His follow-up is HONEST DOGS, the story of his return to dog sled racing.

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

T. LYNN OCEAN is a television producer who writes, shoots and edits commercials and video projects. She is also a lifelo... Dystel & Goderich Literary Management :: Client List

Apr 21 2007 -
....unts his adventures and mishaps during the 1991 Iditarod. His follow-up is HONEST DOGS, the story of his return to dog sled racing.

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Hawaii to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

T. LYNN OCEAN is a television producer who writes, shoots and edits comme.... Dystel & Goderich Literary Management :: Client List

and soon after Obama declares himself a candidate for the presidency.

Dont get me wrong, I couldnt care less whether BHO was born in Kenya or not. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of him saying he was born in Kenya when he thought it was good for his political and literary aspirations, and then flipping it around to Hawaii when it was necessary to run for president.

I can understand 'padding the resume', it happens all the time. Just dont act surprised when people bring up your previous lie, and act like you didnt know about it. Did you notice the timing of the correction? Just before he announced his candidacy. He knew it was out there.

Trump knows Obama's a fraud. It'll become an issue again AFTER Trump's inauguration. :biggrin:

Trump knows Obama's a fraud. It'll become an issue again AFTER Trump's inauguration. :biggrin:

hahahahaha. I doubt it.

ex-Presidents are shown 'professional courtesy' by incoming ones.

hahahahaha. I doubt it.

Not this time, pal.

perhaps. I think The Donald may have more pressing issues to deal with once he is elected.
He'll delegate it to somebody else, like a wise executive. I don't think the issue is over with.

hahahahaha. I doubt it.

Not this time, pal.

perhaps. I think The Donald may have more pressing issues to deal with once he is elected.
He'll delegate it to somebody else, like a wise executive. I don't think the issue is over with. He either was born in Hawaii but claimed he was born in Kenya to defraud the system or he was born in Kenya but claimed he was born in Hawaii to defraud the system.

..... I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of him saying he was born in Kenya ....
Show me the part where he said that. How's your English grammar? "He was born in Kenya". That's what's called speaking in 'the third person' .... not the first.

Apr 3 2007 -
...unts his adventures and mishaps during the 1991 Iditarod. His follow-up is HONEST DOGS, the story of his return to dog sled racing.

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

T. LYNN OCEAN is a television producer who writes, shoots and edits commercials and video projects. She is also a lifelo... Dystel & Goderich Literary Management :: Client List

Apr 21 2007 -
....unts his adventures and mishaps during the 1991 Iditarod. His follow-up is HONEST DOGS, the story of his return to dog sled racing.

BARACK OBAMA is the junior Democratic senator from Illinois and was the dynamic keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Hawaii to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, DREAMS FROM MY FATHER: A STORY OF RACE AND INHERITANCE, has been a long time New York Times bestseller.

T. LYNN OCEAN is a television producer who writes, shoots and edits comme.... Dystel & Goderich Literary Management :: Client List

Dont get me wrong, I couldnt care less whether BHO was born in Kenya or not. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of him saying he was born in Kenya when he thought it was good for his political and literary aspirations, and then flipping it around to Hawaii when it was necessary to run for president.

I can understand 'padding the resume', it happens all the time. Just dont act surprised when people bring up your previous lie, and act like you didnt know about it. Did you notice the timing of the correction? Just before he announced his candidacy. He knew it was out there.

I wonder if you are one of those people that are always late. I wonder this because Obama announced his candidacy in Feb. of '07, which by my calendar, precedes your typographical error by a few months.

..... I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of him saying he was born in Kenya ....
Show me the part where he said that. How's your English grammar? "He was born in Kenya". That's what's called speaking in 'the third person' .... not the first.

As though this hasn't been done to death a thousand times already. Still, what's one more aggrieved Obama opponent?

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's Announcement Speech

http://www.washingtonpost.com

The Associated Press
Saturday, February 10, 2007; 3:28 PM

Last edited:
As though this hasn't been done to death a thousand times already. Still, what's one more aggrieved Obama opponent?
Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's Announcement Speech

http://www.washingtonpost.com

The Associated Press
Saturday, February 10, 2007; 3:28 PM
I'm not lazy but that's too much for me to read. Can you at least tell me what paragraph (first, second, third, etc.) where the revealing statement is made? I see that he says that he's not from Illinios, but other than that ....... Give an old guy a break, good buddy. Just give me a hint.

Can you at least tell me what paragraph (first, second, third, etc.) where the revealing statement is made?
The headline, press agency, link and date of Obama's presidential candidacy announcement not good enough?

Ok, here's the lede

Text of Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's speech, as prepared for delivery Saturday in Springfield, Ill., and released by his campaign, in which he announced he is seeking the Democratic nomination for president in 2008:

Not lazy?

Apr 3 2007 -

Apr 21 2007 -

I wonder if you are one of those people that are always late. I wonder this because Obama announced his candidacy in Feb. of '07, which by my calendar, precedes your typographical error by a few months.

Sure, I have no problem with Feb07. I saw this and assumed it was right. Obama declares he's running for president - CNN.com

I see now that the URL actually says 2/10/2007.

I fail to see how that significantly changes things. Did Obama say, or at least allow to be published, that he was born in Kenya or not?

Maybe he has explained the whole matter away at some time but it is still a fact that he was described in publications as being born in Kenya. going back a long time.

Can you at least tell me what paragraph (first, second, third, etc.) where the revealing statement is made?
The headline, press agency, link and date of Obama's presidential candidacy announcement not good enough?

Ok, here's the lede

Text of Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's speech, as prepared for delivery Saturday in Springfield, Ill., and released by his campaign, in which he announced he is seeking the Democratic nomination for president in 2008:

Not lazy?
Are we not talking about his birth place?

Apr 3 2007 -

Apr 21 2007 -

Sure, I have no problem with Feb07. I saw this and assumed it was right. Obama declares he's running for president - CNN.com

I see now that the URL actually says 2/10/2007.

I fail to see how that significantly changes things. Did Obama say, or at least allow to be published, that he was born in Kenya or not?

Maybe he has explained the whole matter away at some time but it is still a fact that he was described in publications as being born in Kenya. going back a long time.
I fail to see how that significantly changes things.

Of course you do. It strips away the thoughtful intent you tried to insinuate. It is easily explained as a typo by the organization that was responsible for the website, a typo that was caught and corrected much to your chagrin.

Did Obama say, or at least allow to be published, that he was born in Kenya or not?
I agree completely. My valid point is if something was being said about him it means NOTHING. But, as you point out, if he was aware of a 'false statement' being written about him and did nothing to correct it .... then his goose is cooked.

Did Obama say, or at least allow to be published, that he was born in Kenya or not?
I agree completely. My valid point is if something was being said about him it means NOTHING. But, as you point out, if he was aware of a 'false statement' being written about him and did nothing to correct it .... then his goose is cooked.
But it was corrected.

Obama never said he was born in Kenya. The junior staffer on the review admitted she turned his Kenyan heritage into he was born in Kenya.

But it was corrected.
Where the hell have you been? Were you waiting for the blood to fly before you came in to clears this all up? :lol:
Of course, you are going to have to prove it, you know

Forum List

Back