Way to get nothing at all done, the GOP at "work".

Jack4jill

Apr 17, 2016
The people who were elected, to not govern. Pathetic.

"WASHINGTON — House Republicans unexpectedly sunk their own $37.4 billion water and energy spending bill on Thursday because it included a provision ensuring that people who work for government contractors can’t be fired for being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.

The bill failed 112 to 305, with 130 Republicans and 175 Democrats opposing it.

Nearly every Democrat voted against it, but that was expected. They’d raised concerns with riders in the bill that would undermine the Clean Water Act and allow people to carry firearms on Corps of Engineers lands. They also opposed language added late Wednesday by Republicans that would prevent the federal government from revoking funds to North Carolina over its controversial law affecting transgender people going to the bathroom.

The real surprise was seeing conservatives line up against the bill over an amendment added late Wednesday by Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-N.Y.). His provision would preserve a 2014 executive order by President Barack Obama that bars federal contractors from discriminating against people based on their sexual orientation or gender identity. The House accepted his amendment 223 to 195, with moderate Republicans joining with Democrats to pass it."

Republicans Kill Spending Bill Over Its LGBT Protections

• Banned
Yeah those god damn GOP obstructionists! I'm certainly glad the Democrats don't engage in such behavior. :rolleyes:
"Nearly every Democrat voted against it, but that was expected. They’d raised concerns with riders in the bill that would undermine the Clean Water Act and allow people to carry firearms on Corps of Engineers lands. They also opposed language added late Wednesday by Republicans that would prevent the federal government from revoking funds to North Carolina over its controversial law affecting transgender people going to the bathroom."

Yeah those god damn GOP obstructionists! I'm certainly glad the Democrats don't engage in such behavior. :rolleyes:
"Nearly every Democrat voted against it, but that was expected."
OIC, so Democrat obstructionism is "expected" but when the Republicans do it, it's something to get all bent out of shape over, thanks for clearing that up. o_O

Personally I like obstructionism and gridlock, it stops the dickheads from both parties from making the mess they've already made WORSE.

• Banned
OIC, so Democrat obstructionism is "expected" but when the Republicans do it, it's something to get all bent out of shape over, thanks for clearing that up. o_O

Personally I like obstructionism and gridlock, it stops the dickheads from both parties from making the mess they've already made WORSE.
Not funding the government?

Great idea.

Stop voting for dickheads?

So a Dem stuck in a poison pill to kill a bill they didn't like and it worked, with the result that the Republicans voted with Democrats against said bill, but this is viewed, somehow, as Republicans not getting anything done.

yah, Ok.

Forum List

Back