Waxman Says Republicans are Like Terrorists

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Waxman Says Republicans are Like Terrorists | Verum Serum

This happened yesterday and so far there’s no video:

California Rep. Henry Waxman, the top Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee and the coauthor of the 2009 cap-and-trade climate change bill, decried efforts by the GOP to force the Obama administration into approving a permit for the Keystone XL Pipeline.

“They want to use legislation as a way to act like terrorists. They hold things as hostage,” Waxman said. “We almost couldn’t fund the government because Republicans wanted to hold that idea hostage, we almost couldn’t pay our debts because the Republicans wanted to hold that legislation hostage to their extreme agenda, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they scuttled this conference by trying to hold us hostage.”​

This is literally being held up over concerns about global warming. So a country that needs jobs and energy is going to be denied them on the basis of carbon dioxide, which is not a pollutant, contributing to a small temperature increase over 100 years.

Most significantly, the failure to transfer this energy to the US does not mean the energy will lie untouched in the ground. It means that it will instead be sold to China where there are no pollution controls to speak of. So this decision will actually make things worse than otherwise. And for this, Republicans get labeled terrorists.

The democrat administration sent over 2,000 illegal weapons to Mexico, one of which killed a Border Patrol officer and an estimated hundreds of Mexican civilians. I'd risk including that as an example of terrorism.

The democrat administration sent over 2,000 illegal weapons to Mexico, one of which killed a Border Patrol officer and an estimated hundreds of Mexican civilians. I'd risk including that as an example of terrorism.

says who...

says who...

Says who...what? Didn't it happen?
Bush started sending the illegal weapons to Mexico with "Project Gunwalker" in 2006, so Bush was sending guns to Mexico much longer than Obama when the officer was killed, now prove it wasn't one of Bush's guns that killed him.

Like the druggie armies in Mexico don't have enough guns....Pfffft! Irrelevany idiocy from the dupes.

The Pubs are holding up the recovery for BS politics. They will get their reward.

Like the druggie armies in Mexico don't have enough guns....Pfffft! Irrelevany idiocy from the dupes.

The Pubs are holding up the recovery for BS politics. They will get their reward.

Let me get this straight, some commie from France says that Mexico had plenty of guns so it didn't make any difference if we sent over 2,000 more illegal weapons? No wonder we had to save the quiche eating surrender monkeys twice in the 2oth century.

What did Waxman say that isn't true?

Untrue? Maybe not, but disingenuous? Yup
Increasing the debt limit was held up by Democrats just as much as Republicans. Republicans were unwilling to sacrifice their principles and Democrats were unwilling to cut spending so they could continue to play the class warfare game.
See how that works fool? I can be just as prejudiced in my description of a situation as Henry Waxman, but only I am a partisan hack in your opinion.

You may perhaps become a better chew toy than TDM. At least you are a fairly articulate ass.

Let me get this straight, some commie from France says that Mexico had plenty of guns so it didn't make any difference if we sent over 2,000 more illegal weapons? No wonder we had to save the quiche eating surrender monkeys twice in the 2oth century.

Which 2000 illegal weapons are you referencing?

What type of weapons?

Are you making this up?

What type of weapons?

Are you making this up?

Operation Fast & Furious...Google it

What type of weapons?

Are you making this up?

Operation Fast & Furious...Google it

Take me to your source which BTW sounds like opinion not fact. Yes please show me the way or else we must assume it is fiction.

Increasing the debt limit was held up by Democrats just as much as Republicans. Republicans were unwilling to sacrifice their principles and Democrats were unwilling to cut spending so they could continue to play the class warfare game.
See how that works fool? I can be just as prejudiced in my description of a situation as Henry Waxman, but only I am a partisan hack in your opinion.

You may perhaps become a better chew toy than TDM. At least you are a fairly articulate ass.
The GOP have no principles to sacrifice and they rejected a $4 trillion debt reduction plan from Obama in hopes of causing a credit downgrade that they could then blame on Obama. The GOP got the downgrade they wanted.

The GOP have no principles to sacrifice and they rejected a $4 trillion debt reduction plan from Obama in hopes of causing a credit downgrade that they could then blame on Obama. The GOP got the downgrade they wanted.

Link? Preferably not HuffPo... :razz:

Forum List

Back