Washington Times: "Tea Party & Occupy Phonies: Ron Paul's Liberty Movement Real Deal"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by paulitician, Jul 3, 2012.

1. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,974
    By Kevin Kelly

When Kentucky Senator Rand Paul appeared on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program to endorse presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney, it sent shockwaves across the political blogosphere.

Ron Paul supporters and participants in the Liberty Movement were angered and dismayed over Rand Paul’s apparent rejection of his own political roots. Many called the Senator a “traitor” and believed that he was selling out his own father in order to advance his political career. Worse, some thought this might be a sign that the Paul campaign would be willing to sell out, destroying everything that the Liberty Movement worked so diligently to promote.

It is during just such times of crisis that the Liberty movement proves itself “the real deal,” truly dedicated to changing the status quo, and unlike any other current political movement in its uncompromising ideology.

The Tea Party burst upon the scene to protest the reckless spending by our government. At one point, most Americans had a more favorable view of the Tea Party than they did of Republicans or Democrats. Soon, the Republican Party and many conservative pundits realized that by using the rhetoric employed by the Tea Party, they could further their own political agendas. People like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin positioned themselves as leaders of this movement even though both had supported the bailouts, reckless spending under Bush, and a blatant disregard of the Constitution.

The movement soon evolved from a gathering of Americans who were angry at their government over the accumulation of debt into another arm of the Republican Party designed to elect candidates under the Tea Party banner. Most of the “Tea Party” members of Congress who were elected have shown no signs of trying to seriously cut spending and are continuing to help maintain the status quo.

Occupy Wall Street arose to protest the inequality of wealth in the United States and demanded that our politicians not cave to Wall Street’s demands. Despite these lofty and well-received goals, the Occupy movement, similar to the Tea Party, is being hacked by the Democratic Party,...

Read More:
    Tea Party and Occupy phonies: Ron Paul's Liberty Movement is the real deal | Washington Times Communities
    Washington Times: "Tea Party and Occupy phonies: Ron Paul's Liberty Movement is the real deal" | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Ron Paul is not going to be president.

The democrats are now worried about the Teavangelicals.

3. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,733
    TheLibertyMovement.org website is registered by proxy and the owners not made public, a sure sign the lobbyists already own that too. The right can never have a truly populist movement as long as they are so willing to appeal to deep pockets for support and ready to throw any of their beliefs overboard if it threatens the money.

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    However the RP movement is supported by TP "phonies".
    How do you sort em out?

His own TP son would not endorse him for president.

5. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    Take it to the conspiracy forum. Break out your tin foil hat. :cuckoo:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  6. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    The RP movement is the original Tea Party movement. it is easy to sort out. If the self proclaimed Tea party member thinks RP is a whacko, but supports toolsheds like Mitt Romney, they are Republican shills. As the article points out. That movement was hijacked back in 2009? when some paid for shill went on a 5 minute rant on TV and all the loonie toons from the social conservative, fear of god movement jumped on the bandwagon.

After that regarding Rand, the game is chess, not checkers. A Mitt endorsement was inevitable from Rand, who is thinking about his future. If RP endorses Romney, that is when the movement is officially dead and Ron Paul goes down in history as a hack.

Good article. Read it this morning.....Rabbi and Sniperfire in 3....2.....1.....

7. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    Rand only has two choices - Obama or Romney..........

I'm a libertarian and I'm voting Romney............ I'm not going to waste my vote.

If idiots want to waste their vote they may as well just be voting for Obama.

I don't view my vote for Romney as support for Romney - I view it as a vote against Obama. I'm sure Rand Paul feels the same way.

8. GuyPinestra

GuyPinestra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    You mean like the Occupy movement has done?

As far as I can see, the only difference between the TEA Party and Occupy is that the TEA Party cleans up after themselves and they don't vandalize whatever is handy.

9. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    What do you expect Rand to endorse Obama??

I suppose if I was in his position I would have said: "I endorse my father." Then again republicans hate Ron Paul....

Politics are nothing more than a game....

I suppose the old saying is: "you catch more flies with honey than salt."

10. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    It's too late in the game for that.....

Ron Paul probably told Rand to endorse Romney....

Sometimes you just have to play "politics."