Washington Post Bans 'Redskins' From Editorials

Redskins score heap big points today winning big.

How awful.
Not even close to awful I'm just having fun with the PC name changers I could do way worse than that if I was trying to be awful.

The Redskins' winning a game, any game, under any team name is just awful.

I live here and I hate them. Truly hate them.
I know the feeling Jerry Jones has turned me off on the Cowboys something I would have never thought possible,

FCC Considering Move To Ban Washington Redskins Nickname

WASHINGTON, Sept 30 (Reuters) - The Federal Communications Commission is considering whether to punish broadcasters for using the moniker of the Washington NFL team, the Redskins, a word many consider a slur to Native Americans, the agency's chairman indicated on Tuesday.

More: FCC Considering Move To Ban Washington Redskins Nickname

Great news!

20141012160928.0.0.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Post says it will stop calling Washington's football team the "Redskins" on its editorial page.

The paper's editorial board announced Friday that it will refrain from using the term that it says "unquestionably offends not only many Native Americans but many other Americans, too."

The board noted that it has been speaking out against the Redskins name since 1992. Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie said the announcement was therefore "no surprise" to the team.

Several major newspapers have stopped using the name altogether.

As a die hard Redskins fan and long time resident of the DC area, I can tell you if you think this is a surprise that their home town newspaper would do this, then as you always are, you're wrong. The Washington Compost hates the Redskins. The biggest supporter of the team on their sports staff is Michael Wilbon ... who is from Chicago and is a big fan. The rest of them, like Mike Wise Sally Jenkins hate the team on and off the field. They write endless vitriolic editorials about the team and everything about them and always have. The Compost has been blasting the team for the name and taking the lead on the name change for several years now.

Even if the team changes the name, they hate them anyway, what's the incentive?

I think Washington Whities has a nice ring to it.

How about Washington Indians or Washington Braves? That way they would not have to change their logo. OOPs, sorry about the Indians. That has been changed to Native Americans by the PC nuts, so I guess the Cleveland baseball team is next to get hammered.

Yeah of course. That's why the NY Highlanders disappeared shortly after becoming the Yankees.

Different city. Different fan base. Different time in history. Redskins fans buy into the "hokey" idea of Tradition. We're not interested in throwing away more than 80 years of memorabilia just because someone has their loincloth tied in a knot.

So, your "memorabilia" is more important than the racist legacy of George Preston Marshall?

George Preston Marshall is dead. Get over it.

Yeah of course. That's why the NY Highlanders disappeared shortly after becoming the Yankees.

Different city. Different fan base. Different time in history. Redskins fans buy into the "hokey" idea of Tradition. We're not interested in throwing away more than 80 years of memorabilia just because someone has their loincloth tied in a knot.

So, your "memorabilia" is more important than the racist legacy of George Preston Marshall?

George Preston Marshall is dead. Get over it.

I will - when his racist legacy is DEAD. Change the name to the Washington Kikes - since the owner Dan Snyder is Jewish. That should sell lots of memorabilia.

Forum List

Back