Washington Post Bans 'Redskins' From Editorials

I'm surprised. Thank you. Now, may I ask what "your" definition of Anathema is as it applies to your moniker?

An individual or thing despised or loathed and cursed to damnation by the majority of society. In this case it's due to my lack of political correctness and my unwillingness to go along with society as a whole.

I'm surprised. Thank you. Now, may I ask what "your" definition of Anathema is as it applies to your moniker?

An individual or thing despised or loathed and cursed to damnation by the majority of society. In this case it's due to my lack of political correctness and my unwillingness to go along with society as a whole.

Thank you. Sounds like bending is not an option for you.

Conservatives and their myth of 'political correctness.'

Not to mention the hypocrisy of the right, where private businesses should be allowed to 'do what they want' except when private businesses do something conservatives don't like.

@C_Clayton_Jones are you honestly trying to call Political Correctness a "myth" amid the most Politically Correct event in US history (Redskin controversy)?

You should be an Orwellian comedian.

Mmmmm....perhaps the Scalpers, Rushmores, Reservations, Mad Dogs, Thunderbirds, Jackpots, or Smokes would be better suited names for the DC franchise.

Well, this is interesting. Is this the end of Goodell? Maybe things will change - including certain team names.

The National Football League's story about how it handled the Ray Rice domestic violence situation may be further unraveling.

The Associated Press reported on Wednesday that an unnamed law enforcement official sent an NFL executive the video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee in April, months before it was released by TMZ. The report contradicts the claims of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that no one in the league office had seen the footage before it became public on Monday.

Ray Rice Video Sent To NFL In April Law Enforcement Source Says

Roger Goodell: NFL 'Assumed That There Was A Video,' But Didn't See It Before TMZ

Last edited:
Well, this is interesting. Is this the end of Goodell? Maybe things will change - including certain team names.

The National Football League's story about how it handled the Ray Rice domestic violence situation may be further unraveling.

The Associated Press reported on Wednesday that an unnamed law enforcement official sent an NFL executive the video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee in April, months before it was released by TMZ. The report contradicts the claims of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that no one in the league office had seen the footage before it became public on Monday.

Ray Rice Video Sent To NFL In April Law Enforcement Source Says

Roger Goodell: NFL 'Assumed That There Was A Video,' But Didn't See It Before TMZ

you should go on a date with Ray Rice.

Former 'Redskins' Player Criticizes Name

Through my mother, I am a member of the Coquille Tribe, which is indigenous to southwestern Oregon. Through the sport of football, I am a former National Football League player and alumnus of the Washington Redskins.

Back in 1970, I was proud to be a Washington Redskin. To me, at that time, being a Redskin embodied the image of Native Americans as tough, brave and persevering. Sportswriters would write that we “scalped” or “tomahawked” an opponent, after we “powwowed” on the field and “beat our war drums.” It was a positive but wrong depiction of my life. My highest achievement as an athlete came at the cost of me not representing who I really was.

More: Washington NFL team s name only preserves Native American stereotypes - The Washington Post

The pressure to change the name grows.

Former 'Redskins' Player Criticizes Name

Through my mother, I am a member of the Coquille Tribe, which is indigenous to southwestern Oregon. Through the sport of football, I am a former National Football League player and alumnus of the Washington Redskins.

Back in 1970, I was proud to be a Washington Redskin. To me, at that time, being a Redskin embodied the image of Native Americans as tough, brave and persevering. Sportswriters would write that we “scalped” or “tomahawked” an opponent, after we “powwowed” on the field and “beat our war drums.” It was a positive but wrong depiction of my life. My highest achievement as an athlete came at the cost of me not representing who I really was.

More: Washington NFL team s name only preserves Native American stereotypes - The Washington Post

The pressure to change the name grows.

^ I was for the name before I was against it.

LOL what a moron, just like the OP.

Forum List

Back