Was Trump right? Were there Muslims celebrating 9/11 attacks in New Jersey?

Yes, if this WaPo article from September 18, 2001 is to be believed.

Given Trump's penchant for hyperbole, when he claimed "I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

While there may have not been "thousands" as he claimed, there were at least a hundred or more Muslims celebrating the destruction of the World Trade Center, just across the river in Jersey City that day.

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

Northern New Jersey Draws Probers' Eyes

So, was he right? You decide.

You know what the word "alledgedly" means, right? The claims were investigated, and found to be entirely baseless.

Where are you getting the "at least a hundred" part from, anyway? Did you just make that part up?

You know, before you start jumping up and down in apoplectics, notice the structure of my thread.

"Is Trump Right?"

Now, the very first sentence was

"Yes, if this article from WaPo is to be believed."

I'm not making the assertion that he is right or wrong there. I don't do that until later, by citing actual New Jersey residents on twitter who witnessed the spectacle. Are you going to sit there and call them all liars?

Given Trump's penchant for hyperbole, when he claimed "I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

While there may have not been "thousands" as he claimed, there were at least a hundred or more Muslims celebrating the destruction of the World Trade Center, just across the river in Jersey City that day.

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

You know what the word "alledgedly" means, right? The claims were investigated, and found to be entirely baseless.

Where are you getting the "at least a hundred" part from, anyway? Did you just make that part up?

You know, before you start jumping up and down in apoplectics, notice the structure of my thread.

"Is Trump Right?"

I'm not making the assertion that he is right or wrong there. I don't do that until later, by citing actual New Jersey residents on twitter who witnessed the spectacle. Are you going to sit there and call them all liars?

Yes.

They are liars and you are a dupe.

You said:

"there were at least a hundred or more Muslims celebrating the destruction of the World Trade Center, just across the river in Jersey City that day."

You believe Trump. Admit it.....then admit that you have been duped.

"Is Trump Right?"

The WashPo article didn't say that it actually happened, just that it was alledged. A lot of things were alledges right after September 11th that turned out to be complete bullshit.

You're the one who turned the allegation in the WashPo article into a fact.

And yes, people lie on twitter all the time.

This was just one of many accounts from that day, from actual people on the ground:

Trump%20was%20right_zpsgsz5abkq.png

"Is Trump Right?"

Yes.

You said:

"there were at least a hundred or more Muslims celebrating the destruction of the World Trade Center, just across the river in Jersey City that day."

You believe Trump. Admit it.....then admit that yiu have been duped.

You have yet to demonstrate that what Trump said isn't true..

That is not what the article says. It says "a number of people". Where do you get hundred or more? Why do you buy into this bullshit in the first place? You are what is wrong in this country. Stupid people like you that eat up crap like this as fact.

That's cute. "A number" in this case could be a group large enough to attract the attention of the FBI. Meaning it could be anywhere between 10 to 100.

It hurts to be a liberal, doesn't it?
Actually, the "number" was 5 and the 5 Jersey City celebrants turned out to be Israelis.

Where did you get that tripe from?
It was in all the papers at the time. A woman observed the celebrants happily taking pictures while standing on top of the moving van and reported them to the Jersey City police. She took down the license plate number as the white van left and the police put out an APB for the van. It was found in Fort Lee and the occupants were arrested and the FBI was called in. Their film was developed in the Newark office and indeed showed the Israelis quite happy about the towers on fire. That was what was what was cited by Trump in the WaPo article except it didn't come out that the 5 men were Israelis until the police report and FBI report were partially declassified.

Here is the van they were "tailgating" on:

UrbanMovingSystemsVan.jpg

"Is Trump Right?"

The WashPo article didn't say that it actually happened, just that it was alledged. A lot of things were alledges right after September 11th that turned out to be complete bullshit.

No one in this forum has proved it isn't true. Plenty of eye witnesses say it is true.

"Is Trump Right?"

Yes.

You said:

If you believe that Trump saw thousands....or hundreds....or tens of Muslims celebrating in NJ on 9-11......you have been duped.

And....in general....you are a dumb fuck. Everyone here knows this.

"Is Trump Right?"

Yes.

You said:

If you believe that Trump saw thousands....or hundreds....or tens of Muslims celebrating in NJ on 9-11......you have been duped.

And....in general....you are a dumb fuck. Everyone here knows this.

Prove it, asshole.

That is not what the article says. It says "a number of people". Where do you get hundred or more? Why do you buy into this bullshit in the first place? You are what is wrong in this country. Stupid people like you that eat up crap like this as fact.

That's cute. "A number" in this case could be a group large enough to attract the attention of the FBI. Meaning it could be anywhere between 10 to 100.

Actually, the "number" was 5 and the 5 Jersey City celebrants turned out to be Israelis.

It was in all the papers at the time. A woman observed the celebrants happily taking pictures while standing on top of the moving van and reported them to the Jersey City police. She took down the license plate number as the white van left and the police put out an APB for the van. It was found in Fort Lee and the occupants were arrested and the FBI was called in. Their film was developed in the Newark office and indeed showed the Israelis quite happy about the towers on fire. That was what was what was cited by Trump in the WaPo article except it didn't come out that the 5 men were Israelis until the police report and FBI report were partially declassified.

"It was all in the papers" your say. You can do better than that.

"Is Trump Right?"

No one in this forum has proved it isn't true. Plenty of eye witnesses say it is true.
Except it only took 5 celebrating Israelis to attract the attention of the Jersey City police, so why is there no police report of thousands and thousands or even hundreds and hundreds of celebrating Arabs?????????

"Is Trump Right?"

It's not up to anyone on this forum to "prove" you and Trump wrong, clown. It's up to you to "prove" that it happened.

"Is Trump Right?"

Except it only took 5 celebrating Israelis to attract the attention of the Jersey City police, so why is there no police report of thousands and thousands or even hundreds and hundreds of celebrating Arabs?????????

Why would there be a police report? Is it against the law to cheer for the deaths of thousands of Americans?

"It was all in the papers" your say. You can do better than that.
How is that different from Trump saying it was heavily covered on TV?

5 Young Israelis, Caught in Net of Suspicion

As their lawyer tells it, when the five young men were picked up by F.B.I. agents in midday on Sept. 11, they had a box cutter with them. One man carried $4,000 in cash, another had two passports.

In short, there probably were good reasons to be suspicious of the men who became the subjects of widespread news coverage.

What those early news accounts missed, however, was that all five of the men were Israeli Jews, and that if they had box cutters, it was because at least four of them and possibly all five worked for Urban Moving Systems, a household moving company in New York and New Jersey.

"Is Trump Right?"

It's not up to anyone on this forum to "prove" you and Trump wrong, clown. It's up to you to "prove" that it happened.

No, not really. You and the rest of the forum scum are calling Trump a liar. If you have no proof he lied, than you're guilty of libel.

Forum List

Back