Was the Pope "Islamophobic" too?

Regensburg Lecture

Mass street protests were mounted in many Islamic countries, the Majlis-e-Shoora (Pakistani parliament) unanimously called on the Pope to retract "this objectionable statement". The pope maintained that the comment he had quoted did not reflect his own views, and he offered an apology to Muslims.
The controversial comment originally appeared in the 7th of the 26 Dialogues Held With A Certain Persian, the Worthy Mouterizes, in Anakara of Galatia, written in 1391 as an expression of the views of the Byzantine emperor Manuel II Palaiologos, one of the last Christian rulers before the Fall of Constantinople to the Muslim Ottoman Empire, on such issues as forced conversion, holy war, and the relationship between faith and reason. The passage, in the English translation published by the Vatican, is as follows:

“ Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached. ”
The pope had consulted a bilingual critical edition of this dialogue in the original Greek and with French translation.

Such hypocrisy. Their leaders and religious leaders can utterly insult Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, say the worst things about Jews, women, Christians, Europeans, American and burn the American Flag. Yet the pope repeats a quote that HAPPENS TO BE TRUE and the cry baby Muslims rush to the streets.

It as hypocritical as the crybaby Muslims crying over the Korans getting burned as they toss lighter fluid and a match onto an American flag. No mention of how the dirty Muslim in jail wrote in the book first making it garbage!

Regensburg Lecture

Mass street protests were mounted in many Islamic countries, the Majlis-e-Shoora (Pakistani parliament) unanimously called on the Pope to retract "this objectionable statement". The pope maintained that the comment he had quoted did not reflect his own views, and he offered an apology to Muslims.
The controversial comment originally appeared in the 7th of the 26 Dialogues Held With A Certain Persian, the Worthy Mouterizes, in Anakara of Galatia, written in 1391 as an expression of the views of the Byzantine emperor Manuel II Palaiologos, one of the last Christian rulers before the Fall of Constantinople to the Muslim Ottoman Empire, on such issues as forced conversion, holy war, and the relationship between faith and reason. The passage, in the English translation published by the Vatican, is as follows:

“ Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached. ”
The pope had consulted a bilingual critical edition of this dialogue in the original Greek and with French translation.

The Pope should say, "OK I will retract my statement" as he then turns around pulls down his pants and say "after you Muslim cry-babies kiss my ass!"

Forum List

Back